Acl not among final bidders (1 Viewer)

Sbsam

Acl

Les reid reporting on twitter that acl are not in the final four

J

Jack Griffin

Are the mysterious 2 the strong & experienced football people then..

Les Reid ‏@Lesreidpolitics 5m
BREAKING: Council's Ricoh stadium firm ACL is NOT among 4 final bidders for #CCFC Ltd, despite its earlier indicative bid

luwalla

So their indicative bid held about as much substance as their "ccfc ltd can play free at the Ricoh" statement !

skybluegaz2

i thought the bidders were not going to be annouced yet ?

Some bidders have been named 'cos presumably they own up when Les asks them - no chance of Appleton announcing chosen one until he has gone thru the bids and has spoken to the FA - so won't be this week I guess.

skybluegaz2

So their indicative bid held about as much substance as their "ccfc ltd can play free at the Ricoh" statement !

Maybe they don't have to bid because who they were going to sell on to has made a bid in their own right or they realise Byng is in the wings to outtrump everyone by buying the lot off the chosen one afterwards.

Grendel

Maybe they don't have to bid because who they were going to sell on to has made a bid in their own right or they realise Byng is in the wings to outtrump everyone by buying the lot off the chosen one afterwards.

It maybe they never intended to submit a bid at all. Makes the free rent while in administration offer look about as attractive as an ice lolly in the Antarctic.

Dhinsa's_Millions

ACL make a bid to see more detail in the accounts they previously were not privy to?

I could see there being two SISU bids in different guises!

S

skyblue2k

Did wonder if our Friend Onye might be bidding under Yi Partners (Singapore)

Sub

No he is back in his loft with his train set, shouting 'choo choo' playing at being Station Master with his little hat on.

perhaps tim is building a football stadium for him on his train set ??:)

Godiva

They were always going to pull out. Where would they have gotten the money to pay out sisu?

skybluegaz2

Grendel, Grendel, what dreamland do you live in?. You spend yet more time having a go at ACL, yet not a peep about the frightening prospect of SISU actually being allowed to buy Ltd back.

Paxman II

Of course they will not bid on owning the football club! They can't even manage the stadium properly or even pay their mortgage without a bail out? How on earth would they have funded a football club? It just tells me what idiots there are at ACL and bungling councillors everywhere.

skybluegaz2

Of course they will not bid on owning the football club! They can't even manage the stadium properly or even pay their mortgage without a bail out? How on earth would they have funded a football club? It just tells me what idiots there are at ACL and bungling councillors everywhere.

Grendel's mate. Attack one and they all come out of the woodwork. Pots and kettles - SISU can't pay rent, so what does that say about their ownership?

Besides, if SISU finally go soon it will all be down to ACL standing up to them. So bravo ACL and those "bungling councillors" might have the last laugh.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

They only couldn't pay their mortgage because their primary tenant - for whom the stadium was built, unlawfully withheld rent.

Their books showed they were profitable. It was cash they were starved of. Do you understand the difference?

Why have a go at them? Their books work. Have a look at SISU's influence on every bit of CCFC they've touched in five years.

Jesus, some folk have misplaced loyalty.... :facepalm:

@richh87

I don't understand these pro-SISU people. Surely they just like an argument so pick the most ridiculous viewpoint they can find.

S

skyblue2k

The mortgage came about when ACL paid the rent in full to the Council a few month's after the stadium opened £21 million or thereabouts. ACL had previously offered to renegotiate the rate and that was turned down pre sisu. Sisu did not attempt to negotiate the rent (to the best of my knowledge) they just stopped paying it April 2012. The council own the freehold to the arena and half of ACL, they could have repaid the rent in advance to ACL but chose the cheaper option (in my opinion) of paying off the mortgage and keeping the company they own 50% of, buoyant. This way ACL pay back the council at a better rate, because of this ACL offered a reduced rent of £400k a year. Its not as cheap as other grounds, but then the Ricoh is a ground fit for the Premiership

City do not earn any matchday revenue as they sold there share in ACL pre sisu to the Higgs charity for £6.5 million (£4.5 million in cash & £2 million they owed to higgs (a loan i believe with no interest)

lordsummerisle

I don't understand these pro-SISU people. Surely they just like an argument so pick the most ridiculous viewpoint they can find.

They've always been like that, they were the same when they said that people like Coleman and Thorn were great managers.

Anything to support the regime.

Users who are viewing this thread