ACL on CWR right now (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Just tweeted by Les Reid
Les Reid ‏@Lesreidpolitics 12m
Sources tell me Higgs charity would sell its half-share in #ACL for £4m, unlike £10m rumour of 2007. Why didn't #SISU buy last year?

Les Reid ‏@Lesreidpolitics 7m
.. 1 view is they want all #ACL or nothing, & @coventrycc would've vetoed #sisu /Higgs deal without #SISU investment in club & "leisure land

Les Reid ‏@Lesreidpolitics 1m
Mid-last year @coventrycc leaders were telling me they wouldn't veto any Higgs deal IF #SISU tabled investment for club & land (1of2)

Les Reid ‏@Lesreidpolitics 20s
(2of2) Question for council is whether bar has been set too high for any investor in #CCFC #ACL & leisure development

Updated 18:47

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonylinc

Needs a stack load of conditions putting in place I reckon.

Maybe that is the only way forwards. If the council will veto any sale to Sisu then they need to ensure there are a load of caveats in place to protect the stadium and their interest.

The way the talk is going though, I am thinking liquidation may well be on the cards here.
How can you sell a freehold interest with caveats?

Grendel

coundonskyblue

Are you some kind of council poodle? Does John mutton have you sitting on his lap at council meetings?

Forgive me for agreeing with someone who was actually in the meetings and can speak English over the drunken ramblings of someone who left years ago.

Also you do realise don't you that PKWH has about as much to do with the Council as you or I?

Grendel

Forgive me for agreeing with someone who was actually in the meetings and can speak English over the drunken ramblings of someone who left years ago.

What did he say that was so impressive? Or is it the way he says it that impresses you so much?

Nonleagueherewecome

What did he say that was so impressive? Or is it the way he says it that impresses you so much?

That he doesn't sound like a soul-less cock is not detrimental.

Wrenstreetcarpark

What didn't impress you then? why not, for once, deal with the issues rather than just make snide attacks on everyone. If you listened criticise what was said, if you didn't listen why not shut the fuck up?

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, the fact pwkh comes on here and phones up the radio and actually speaks is more than sisu.

I must admit a lot of it is over my head most of the time so i cant sit there agreeing if i dont know whats going on and the terms used.

Nonleagueherewecome

I like how he's clearly educated but human, whereas Timmy sounds educated but, like Cameron, with a massive sense of entitlement and smugness.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's got to the stage where the post match show didn't concentrate on the fecking game. Linnell should get a bloody grip and realise he is well out of his depth on the ACL situation and stick to talking about football, which he knows not much more about.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's got to the stage where the post match show didn't concentrate on the fecking game. Linnell should get a bloody grip and realise he is well out of his depth on the ACL situation and stick to talking about football, which he knows not much more about.

Yea, it's slightly more bearable, like being shot is better than being hung, drawn and quartered.

Better than R5, though-they just said on the news that SISU emptied the club shop "after the company that owns the stadium went into administration". :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

Yea, it's slightly more bearable, like being shot is better than being hung, drawn and quartered.

Better than R5, though-they just said on the news that SISU emptied the club shop "after the company that owns the stadium went into administration". :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The BBC gets its news from Linnell who gets his news from a rabid dog. It's just so infuriating listening to the radio with so much crap being spouted by a clueless fool of a radio host, who is giving completely the wrong impressions to outside observers.

Nonleagueherewecome

The BBC gets its news from Linnell who gets his news from a rabid dog. It's just so infuriating listening to the radio with so much crap being spouted by a clueless fool of a radio host, who is giving completely the wrong impressions to outside observers.

It seriously worries me-if the BBC can make such basic factual errors when reporting things I know about, just how many bloody errors are they making when they are telling me news about subjects that I am less familiar with? And that's the BBC, they're relatively competent compared to Fox, SKY and 90% of the print media! It's terrifying.

Tonylinc

I'm sorry; but what are you lot on? CWR do a good job and Linnell, whilst a Tranmere fan is reasonably good at his job. He asked for calls from ACL and Sisu and received one from Higgs. As a result, we got their take on the current situation. It was a good listen. What more do you expect him/them to do?

Grendel

I'm sorry; but what are you lot on? CWR do a good job and Linnell, whilst a Tranmere fan is reasonably good at his job. He asked for calls from ACL and Sisu and received one from Higgs. As a result, we got their take on the current situation. It was a good listen. What more do you expect him/them to do?

Linell is a Coventry fan eakin is the tranmere fan

Otis

Eakin is the Tranmere fan, not Linnell.

Linnell is a bit of a clown I have to say and he does shout down anyone who disagrees with him.

The Beeb are supposed to be impartial.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not saying CWR don't do a good job I'm saying that Linnell is an appalling presenter whose opinion is usually narrow minded towards anyone he disagrees with. Eakin is far better.

Tonylinc

Eakin is the Tranmere fan, not Linnell.

Linnell is a bit of a clown I have to say and he does shout down anyone who disagrees with him.

The Beeb are supposed to be impartial.
OK; sorry my mistake. But I do think that the station do a reasonable job at least trying to get to the truth.....not easy when you are dealing with a company such as Sisu.

Grendel

OK; sorry my mistake. But I do think that the station do a reasonable job at least trying to get to the truth.....not easy when you are dealing with a company such as Sisu.

Eakin is a good enough presenter and fairly bright. Linnell tries to be controversial bit ends up sounding like a fool.

torchomatic

Delboycov

I think the problem was that he didn't seem to have any interest in getting any answers from SISU only ACL. He was only prompted to even mention SISU when responding to texts which he didn't read out accusing him of not being impartial. I know as I sent several! Shocking broadcasting from Linnell...went beyond the usual 'know it all" smarmy style he's perfected and into the realms of downright bias. As a BBC employee for me he overstepped the mark...

Wm65

Linnell came here in 1980 from sheffields radio Hallam , he may now have allegiance to coventry but he was a Sheffield weds fan when he arrived here and deep at heart probably still is although i doubt he would admit so.

I remember him arriving at Mercia as a weds fan but cov may have converted him - who knows?

cloughie

And the council wanting more than their money back.
Also they would veto any move for SISU to buy the club according to ACL guy. The club has no chance

So you would advocate selling to sisu are you deluded you are a joke

Grendel

So you would advocate selling to sisu are you deluded you are a joke

Why? Afraid they may take the Ricoh down brick by brick and rebuild it in the Cayman Islands?

Users who are viewing this thread