ACL Shoot themselves in the foot & The Fans in the Head (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

ACL pushed Sisu into sending the club into Admin and in turn resulting in the points deduction which effectively ends our season - If ACL had waited until the end of the season we might have made the play-offs and promotion which would have resulted in more money and a better chance of the club being able to meet ACLs demands over the preceeding seasons.
"We couldnt take the risk that Sisu wouldnt liquidate the club - thats why we did it" what a load of bollocks - why would Sisu liquidate the club completely?
This season is all but over for the fans and what we now probably ALL are doing is adding the 10 points back on to see where we would have finished! Whats the betting that we defy the odds and finish in the "virtual" top six?
Just our luck...............

Flying Fokker

So, you are angry, no? This argument has been done a million times. Some of us agree with you, some don't. Many a wasted word on here and we are still no nearer the new beginning.

Where have you been the last month?

GaryJones

Sitting in a corner with my face to the wall - fuming! Another wasted season albeit for different reasons than the last 10!

CJparker

SISU would liquidate because there would be no cost to them, because they could use the losses to write off tax on some of their other investments. That would be far preferable for them than being forced to sell at a huge loss by ACL's administrator.

Samo

I think you should go back to your corner.

Baginton

it was a front like all other statements, to get what they want, business talk...:facepalm:

They WOULDN'T have done it :facepalm:

torchomatic

CJparker

In the contest of "who has the biggest balls", SISU are starting to resemble a pair of tiny shrivelled up sun-dried prunes

quinn1971

So long as it means the end of sisu its worth the end- 10 points.Couldn't of seen us going up in the play offs anyway.Perfect timing for a takeover now.Just hope all the news I've been hearing is true.

James Smith

ACL pushed Sisu into sending the club into Admin and in turn resulting in the points deduction which effectively ends our season - If ACL had waited until the end of the season we might have made the play-offs and promotion which would have resulted in more money and a better chance of the club being able to meet ACLs demands over the preceeding seasons.
"We couldnt take the risk that Sisu wouldnt liquidate the club - thats why we did it" what a load of bollocks - why would Sisu liquidate the club completely?
This season is all but over for the fans and what we now probably ALL are doing is adding the 10 points back on to see where we would have finished! Whats the betting that we defy the odds and finish in the "virtual" top six?

So ACL get a court date after the end of the same and then SISU decide to do the same thing then as they did now, put Ltd into admin. The Football League decide that we did this to stay in the playoffs and punish us by docking us more points than we've currently lost or keeping us down if we had managed to go up.

Last edited:

stupot07

SISU would liquidate because there would be no cost to them, because they could use the losses to write off tax on some of their other investments. That would be far preferable for them than being forced to sell at a huge loss by ACL's administrator.

OSB wrote this post a couple of weeks ago detailing the benefits of admin and liquidation.

administration or liquidation is not a good option really but it appears to be where we are heading

I dont get the distinction that the OP makes between apparently no tax losses in admin and a tax advantage in liquidation.

If the club goes into liquidation then SISU lose an apparent £45m ............. my guess is the funds are based in Cayman isles or something so not sure on the tax treatment..... if it was UK based they would save 23% of the £45m = 10.4m. But they would lose, the golden share, the option on the Ricoh, a lease, the players they could sell because all contracts are broken

if the club goes into admin CVA with new owners coming in and sisu leaving ........ then say they pick up 2m for the name etc and 1p in the £ in the CVA they still have tax losses of £42.5 m at 23% (9.8m) = 12.2m approx. Club can still exist and it still has golden share, the option to purchase etc. SISU might even put in a clause to receive more dependent on success

Admin could be a better option on that basis

in both situations there are capital losses to be crystallised

Even if there is a tax advantage to liquidation by using the losses the saving is a max of £10.4m ........ it still means they lose £35m of their clients money.

Grendel

So ACL get a court date after the end of the same and then SISU decide to do the same thing then as they did now, put Ltd into admin. The Football League decide that we did this to stay in the playoffs and punish us by docking us more points than we've currently lost or keeping us down if we had managed to go up.

Where in the ACL politburo do you work? Ministry for talking drivel?

CJparker

Where in the ACL politburo do you work? Ministry for talking drivel?

Unbelievable - our problems begin and end at home, ACL are blameless. Things won't improve until SISU are slung out of Coventry. Just accept it.

Macca

The adding on points thing to see where we would have finished is futile. We won t be playing under pressure now so it's an unfair comparison. We can play with freedom and no stress.

CJparker

OSB wrote this post a couple of weeks ago detailing the benefits of admin and liquidation.

administration or liquidation is not a good option really but it appears to be where we are heading

I dont get the distinction that the OP makes between apparently no tax losses in admin and a tax advantage in liquidation.

If the club goes into liquidation then SISU lose an apparent £45m ............. my guess is the funds are based in Cayman isles or something so not sure on the tax treatment..... if it was UK based they would save 23% of the £45m = 10.4m. But they would lose, the golden share, the option on the Ricoh, a lease, the players they could sell because all contracts are broken

if the club goes into admin CVA with new owners coming in and sisu leaving ........ then say they pick up 2m for the name etc and 1p in the £ in the CVA they still have tax losses of £42.5 m at 23% (9.8m) = 12.2m approx. Club can still exist and it still has golden share, the option to purchase etc. SISU might even put in a clause to receive more dependent on success

Admin could be a better option on that basis

in both situations there are capital losses to be crystallised

Even if there is a tax advantage to liquidation by using the losses the saving is a max of £10.4m ........ it still means they lose £35m of their clients money.

Well I have consistently stated that SISU are unlikely to liquidate, please feel free to check my many posts to prove that point.

The reason I began to doubt my view on this, which is broadly in line with OSB's comment above, is that Tim Fisher stated publicly that "we may have no choice but to file for liquidation" - I know a few insolvency practictioners who think that SISU could do better than OSB reckons out of liquidation, but as I am not an expert myself I couldn't really say.

Ultimately, it was TF who stated that he was pretty much on the verge of filing for liquidation or admin, so you CANNOT blame ACL for trying to forestall this by putting their admin application to the court.

Remind me Stupot. who was it that actually put us into admin? Was it ACL? No, it was SISU.

torchomatic

"ACL are blameless". Brilliant.

CJparker

Sisu are responsible for the well being of this club. They have clearly failed. End of.

Quite right.

The sad thing about all the misguided ACL bashing is that it prevents people from seeing the real causes of our plight - these begin and end at home, and we can't start to solve them until we recognise that.

CJparker

"ACL are blameless". Brilliant.

Love it...snide comments rather than logical and reasoned rebuttal. As fucking usual. Doesn't matter how many times I demolish you and demonstrate how worthless is your argument, just let a day or so pass, go onto a new thread and start spitting poison again.

Can't be arsed any more tonight. See you at Walsall. I'll be one of the vast majority letting our owners know exactly who we all know is the root cause of our problems.

Baginton

Well I have consistently stated that SISU are unlikely to liquidate, please feel free to check my many posts to prove that point.

The reason I began to doubt my view on this, which is broadly in line with OSB's comment above, is that Tim Fisher stated publicly that "we may have no choice but to file for liquidation" - I know a few insolvency practictioners who think that SISU could do better than OSB reckons out of liquidation, but as I am not an expert myself I couldn't really say.

Ultimately, it was TF who stated that he was pretty much on the verge of filing for liquidation or admin, so you CANNOT blame ACL for trying to forestall this by putting their admin application to the court.

Remind me Stupot. who was it that actually put us into admin? Was it ACL? No, it was SISU.

TF was just saying that as a way of getting what he wanted

ACL were going to to put the club into admininstration, so SISU DID it to get their choice of administrator in, so really ACL ACTUALLY really put us in as they set the court date to do it!

grego_gee

Love it...snide comments rather than logical and reasoned rebuttal. As fucking usual. Doesn't matter how many times I demolish you and demonstrate how worthless is your argument, just let a day or so pass, go onto a new thread and start spitting poison again.

Can't be arsed any more tonight. See you at Walsall. I'll be one of the vast majority letting our owners know exactly who we all know is the root cause of our problems.

At least we have owners (at the moment!)- you and your mates constantly seem to think we would be better off without any!

:pimp:

SkyBlueHomer

Said before ACL are a business & at some point want paying what they are owed. 10 points lost due to admin? how many points lost due our awful home record & us starting the season in October not August like eveyone else

procdoc

Most uninformed bull I've read on this forum

J

Jack Griffin

The way I see it is this...

SISU were moving the operational side of the club from CCFC Ltd to CCFc(H) Ltd.
Before they moved everything.. ACL put CCFC into admin.
Had ACL not done that the next step for SISU was to liquidate CCFC Ltd and break the rent contract.

Decide for yourself if that tactic is ethical.

Grendel

Grendel

Doesn't matter how many times I demolish you and demonstrate how worthless is your argument, .

This from a man who argues;

Andy Thorn was the best manager since Jimmy Hill
Chris Coleman was doing a great job moving the club forwards
The Jamaican International Marlon King should be in the next England Squad

Samo

Annoying when people don't agree with you, isn't it?

It is a bit yes. It's always pitiful to watch stupid people getting fucked over.. and then begging for more! It's not nice to watch, you just want to help them somehow but alas...

Grendel

It is a bit yes. It's always pitiful to watch stupid people getting fucked over.. and then begging for more! It's not nice to watch, you just want to help them somehow but alas...

So let's get this right your with CJ on this debate yes?

Sky Blues

So you don't think Sisu not paying any rent for a year had anything to do with this mess then?

James Smith

The way I see it is this...

SISU were moving the operational side of the club from CCFC Ltd to CCFc(H) Ltd.
Before they moved everything.. ACL put CCFC into admin.
Had ACL not done that the next step for SISU was to liquidate CCFC Ltd and break the rent contract.

Decide for yourself if that tactic is ethical.
And we still don't really know 100% for sure who has the Golden Share. The league seem to think it's CCFC Ltd who do and from my limited understanding, that SISU couldn't have transferred it without their say so. Which company fielded a team on Friday and who is fielding one tomorrow CCFC Ltd, or CCFC Holdings. Who holds the player registrations and if it isn't in the same company as the Golden Share why not. That just exposes us again to more risk, we could find that the League have reason to dock more points.

Oh and whilst were on this topic does anyone know what (if any) payments there are for the places you finish in league one at the end of the season* and how much they are?

*Like there are in the Champion and Premierships

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread