Adam Le Fondre (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Luke

According to CovMAD we had scouts watching him in Rotherham's 6-4 victory over Cheltenham Town on Saturday, he scored 4 goals :D

Coventry City had a scout watching Adam Le Fondre and Shaun Jeffers at Rotherham's 6-4 victory over Cheltenham Town on Saturday.

The City Scout who was joined by scouts from Ipswich and Derby County checked on the progress of Shaun Jeffers who is on loan at Cheltenham and the highly rated Adam Le Fondre.

As reported on this site on Saturday, Jeffers came on as a 35th minute substitute and score two minutes later, whilst Le Fondre scored four goals in the ten goal thriller.

Le Fondre played youth team football for Crewe but returned to his home town of Stockport to play for their first team.

Three years later, he joined Rochdale in 2007 after a loan move before moving to Rotherham in August 2009 where he hit 30 goals in fifty appearances.

I've been saying for a while somebody needs to take a punt on him, hopefully for a decent price that can be us :)

Nick

Administrator
They could have just been there to see Jeffers though!

Do we really need him, and King?

We will be another Forest with 100000 strikers!

Sky Blue Luke

Do we really need him, and King?

King
Le Fondre
Jukebox
Eastwood
O'Donovan
Platt

I see what you mean, King would start but rotating the next 3 is too much.

What's happening with Roy O'Donovan? I've only heard his name in the cup game :confused:

Is O'Donovan injured, perhaps?

Le Fondre sounds like a good squad player, to be broken into Championship level football slowly- it would give us plenty of options up front, which is all good.

ccfctommy

I would love City to sign LeFondre, but if we do sign King I can't see us needing another striker.

ccfc luke

Completely agree, i think we only need one experienced goal scorer now instead of more young inexeperienced ones.

PUSB

Disorganised1

I'd rather have a youth who could turn good than a 1 season wonder.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Adam LeFondre would be quality, but Derby tried to buy him last summer and they wanted 2-4mil for him and i can't see Ranson spending that much on one player. But He might be signing more strikers because some are injury prone.

Users who are viewing this thread