Adebayo Akinfenwa (1 Viewer)

Liam PUSB!

Just been released by Northampton, could you see him doing a job for City??

He's a unit so would provide a lot of power up top!

His wages would be reasonable, and could get him on a free!

What do you guys think?

Cheers

cov1987

Is this some kind of joke akinfenwa, coventry city has sunk this low! please someone wake me up out of this nightmare

mark82

We criticise our current players for being over weight. What would he get. He is a good league 2 player. Not good enough for a competitive league 1 team.

mark82

Put it this way, Roy O'Donovan is doing well for Northampton and considered better than Akinfenwa.

RoboCCFC90

In 2 spells over 4 years with Northampton he has scored 71 Goals in 168 games, not a bad record, Northampton's top scorer last season (16 Goals), I personally would have a laugh with a lot of mates of mine if he turned up here (Silly college days), but I am not sure whether he is right for us, good signing at League 2 level though. Not sure why Aidy would allow of letting his top scorer leave..

mark82

In 2 spells over 4 years with Northampton he has scored 71 Goals in 168 games, not a bad record, Northampton's top scorer last season (16 Goals), I personally would have a laugh with a lot of mates of mine if he turned up here (Silly college days), but I am not sure whether he is right for us, good signing at League 2 level though. Not sure why Aidy would allow of letting his top scorer leave..

Maybe it's the player wanting to leave. May feel he can have a chance with a league 1 team.

Everyone calling him fat, that ent fat. It's 100% pure muscle. He saw showing it off on Soccer AM. You seen the pecs on this guy? Billy Bremner would shit himself if he came up against him

Nick

Administrator
It makes me laugh when people call him and other footy players fat who are big built.

SkyBlueScottie

Just been released by Northampton, could you see him doing a job for City??

He's a unit so would provide a lot of power up top!

His wages would be reasonable, and could get him on a free!

What do you guys think?

Cheers

BEAST! BEAST! BEAST! BEAST! BEAST! Would love him here. Not the fastest and not the youngest, but a great player

Haha agreed he is a beast! Has the potential to score goals at this level, would be worth a shot for a season surely?

Are you the same person with 2 log ins?

Or are you different people, who are both retarded?

RoboCCFC90

Maybe it's the player wanting to leave. May feel he can have a chance with a league 1 team.

Possibly someone will take a punt on him..

Sky Blue M

Theres no way hes worse than Platt,

Hes been released by Northampton cause hes their highest paid player.

I wouldn't want to sign him as he wouldn't fit into our team at all but he is good for a certain style of play. And anyone calling him fat is mental

Nick

Administrator
I remember when people kept saying how fat Deegan was, he took his top off after one of the games and there wasn't an ounce of fat on him.

stupot07

I remember when people kept saying how fat Deegan was, he took his top off after one of the games and there wasn't an ounce of fat on him.

I think it's about being the right 'fighting' weight, if you know what I mean. You can be lean but still over your optimum weight, which can affect your pace and stamina as you're carrying extra weight.

Nick

Administrator
I think it's about being the right 'fighting' weight, if you know what I mean. You can be lean but still over your optimum weight, which can affect your pace and stamina as you're carrying extra weight.

Yep I know what you mean, sometimes there is a too big for a football player but it isn't fat :)

Yep I know what you mean, sometimes there is a too big for a football player but it isn't fat :)
Having watched the man a lot over his Northampton career, I can say that he is now the heaviest that he has ever been. It is indeed not fat though. His problem is not enough jogging, and too much bench pressing. He cant/wont jump, or run for the ball, and is only effective if it is played to his feet. Plus the fact that he is more interested in promoting his clothing range, and media attention, means that you wouldnt just sign the player. You sign a circus.

Nonleagueherewecome

Funny, I always got the impression the the Northampton fans loved him? I think he'd be OK..better than Ball anyhoo.

Users who are viewing this thread