Admin exit (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Pompey exit admin and the Trust owns them. Already down but subject to another 10 point deduction. Is it not right that 10 point deduction should start next season?

georgehudson

i'm not a pompey fan,
but, the administering of points deductions seems to penalise the innocent rather than the guilty,
why not financially penalise the previous guilty ones ?
i don't think JS would go along with that tho

There is a deadline isn't there? We had till a certain date to go into admin if not the points would have been deducted next season. That deadline has way gone. I still don't think they should be deducted points they have had enough punishment as it is.

rupert_bear

Points deduction not certain apparently and will be discussed by FL. Lets hope it doesn't happen, why should it. Portsmouth are announcing new management team next week and imo will fly out of that division. Another club that will show us it can rise from the depths of despair as Swansea City have.

skybluegod

Points deduction not certain apparently and will be discussed by FL. Lets hope it doesn't happen, why should it. Portsmouth are announcing new management team next week and imo will fly out of that division. Another club that will show us it can rise from the depths of despair as Swansea City have.

I thought it was confirmed a few months back?

SkyblueBazza

i'm not a pompey fan,
but, the administering of points deductions seems to penalise the innocent rather than the guilty,
why not financially penalise the previous guilty ones ?
i don't think JS would go along with that tho

As the rules are not actual law - I see no way that the leagues can simply take money from individuals concerned. Fining TF for example...they have no power over him now really as I see it - he could simply walk away & not care (unless something in corporate law prevents this? although the same corporate law would probably protect the individuals too unless serious fraud involved). They can't financially penalise the owning business either if its in administration...there's no money to be had in theory. In terms of points - I think it does simply punish staff, players & fans most severely, but rules are rules...they have been there a long time & seem to be an incentive to avoid administration which is understandable. Can't get my head around the 10pt deduction for coming out of administration though...new owners (maybe), new start & a time fans & everyone should be looking forward - but instead, the club is treated to another slap, & in potential peril from the off in the new era with an additional points loss.

Jackoskyblue

I think points deductions are wrong totally wrong, why punish the fans the players and everyone who hasn't done anything wrong. Surely it should be big fines for owners who allow the clubs to rot and mismanage them maybe even cut off some revenue streams and protect the money for footballing use only. Points deductions should only be for footballing reasons e.g fielding an inelegiable player that kind of thing

SkyblueBazza

I think points deductions are wrong totally wrong, why punish the fans the players and everyone who hasn't done anything wrong. Surely it should be big fines for owners who allow the clubs to rot and mismanage them maybe even cut off some revenue streams and protect the money for footballing use only. Points deductions should only be for footballing reasons e.g fielding an inelegiable player that kind of thing

That's the thing. Initial deduction deters owners from administration. Nobody sets out to fail. Although the further deduction for coming out of admin does seem to set the new owners up to fail! All revenue stream for the business in admin are now under the administrator's control...not SISUs. Of course that is confused with the multi-structured company set-up though. The administrator may not have any control over revenue from the shirt sales, or input into the academy. This is partly what he has to investigate. The owners in law do seem protected unless serious wrong-doing is found. The fans suffering can be equated to buying a fridge from Comet which went bust...You've no Comet to deal with if it goes wrong...ie - the customer suffers

chiefdave

the way to do it would be to require all club owners to place a deposit with the football league which they forfeit if certain events happen.

can't see why the points deduction should be this season, makes a mockery of it as they are already down so no punishment at all. this points deduction is because the new owners, the trust, are ignoring CVA1 (from the second time they went into administration) and replacing it with CVA2 (from the third time they went into administration) and as those still owed from CVA1 (not a penny has been paid) were not consulted so the FL are saying it's exiting admin without the agreement of all their creditors. Every other club that has done this has had -17 so I find it a bit strange that Portsmouth are only getting a -10 and not having the league rules regarding when points deductions should be implemented applied. Unless they're planning to hit them with a further deduction next season it seems very lenient.

chiefdave

also does this not leave a loophole exactly the same as the one they tried to close by putting the points deadline in place. other clubs may now see an advantage in staying in admin until they know if they are safe or not and coming out on a date that best suits them while ignoring any CVA agreement and essentially walking away from their debts.

Sick Boy

the way to do it would be to require all club owners to place a deposit with the football league which they forfeit if certain events happen.

can't see why the points deduction should be this season, makes a mockery of it as they are already down so no punishment at all. this points deduction is because the new owners, the trust, are ignoring CVA1 (from the second time they went into administration) and replacing it with CVA2 (from the third time they went into administration) and as those still owed from CVA1 (not a penny has been paid) were not consulted so the FL are saying it's exiting admin without the agreement of all their creditors. Every other club that has done this has had -17 so I find it a bit strange that Portsmouth are only getting a -10 and not having the league rules regarding when points deductions should be implemented applied. Unless they're planning to hit them with a further deduction next season it seems very lenient.

I think I read somewhere that the FL may just deduct the points this season and let them start next season on 0 points. Fair play if it's true!

Paxman II

Pompey confirm 10 point deduction immediately. So they are already down and the FL have given them a punishment that equals NO punishment? Surely that is wrong? If they are to be punished the 10 points for coming out of Admin then that must reflect as a punishment and the only way that can be done is at the start of next season.

When we see our season was effectively finished when we were given the 10 point deduction (not complaining about) but it worked as a punishment and we lost the chance of a playoff place and as a result our form fell off dramatically, even confirmed by the manager who said of course that affected the players!

The FL MUST be consistent. What a joke that Pompey have a points deduction that makes no difference what so ever. Pointless excuse the pun...

CCFC PimpRail

Do you really think Cov would have won the playoffs....? Me neither, and other teams can say we have had an ineffective penalty too.

chiefdave

Do you really think Cov would have won the playoffs....? Me neither, and other teams can say we have had an ineffective penalty too.

the whole reason we needed to go into admin by a certain date was due to a cut off after which points deductions are carried over to next season. the FL brought in this rule to ensure the integrity of the game, or so they claimed, and so the system couldn't be manipulated. Anything penalty after the cut off date is supposed to be applied the following season except where it would impact in the current season. for some reason though that doesn't seem to apply to Portsmouth. if you were one of those other teams who had their penalty carried over, or one of the teams that got -17 when Pompey only got -10, you'd be pretty fuming.

Was talking to a chap today in the local who pointed out that for all the times they've been in admin they've not really had too much in the way of punishment compared to others. 98/99 they went into admin with no points deduction and stayed in the championship on goal difference, 09/10 into admin for the second time and a 9 point deduction but finished 16 points from safety, 11/12 admin for a third time and a 10 point deduction which did cause them to be relegated and this season they will get -10 which will have no impact.

The problem for me is the message it sends to other clubs, agree a CVA then ignore it and come out of admin when best suits you. the exact opposite effect that bringing in a cut off effect was supposed to have.

Users who are viewing this thread