AFC Coventry (1 Viewer)

wingy

The council haven't admitted it have they?

Fair point, I don't believe they were the instigators ,but we're led to believe almost took a nibble. To their credit or not depending on viewpoint they sought a different route.

Hobo

With the JR I feel SISU are complaining ACL dived to get a penalty while ACL are being treated for a broken leg from the tackle.

If you want the Ricoh make an offer, if you don't move on with your new stadium.

wingy

With the JR I feel SISU are complaining ACL dived to get a penalty while ACL are being treated for a broken leg from the tackle.

If you want the Ricoh make an offer, if you don't move on with your new stadium.

Seems in the Pre match CWR chat today that Labovitch has briefed that a statement is Imminent ,but won't include specific detail IE; Site etc ,more to do with naming a team to progress matters.

Gary.j

This is not really about a new club, this is about regime change!

It's the same club with the board removed! We elect our own board, and begin to rebuild Coventry City.

I understand why many would want to wait until the club is legally gone, or permanently relocated, and ordinarily, I'd agree, but these are not ordinary times.

We are the club, all of us! At this point, if we could just put all the other mess to one side, and all move forward together as a group, focused on taking our club back, we would be in a very strong position.

We are an army, a huge economic army, people/organisations have to take that seriously! I think that strength would diminish if we wait another season, people/organisations move on. If the current board acquire the Ricoh, this opportunity is over. Right now, we could be the only show in town! If we're going to do it, it has to be 2014/15.

This can't be done as a threat or a protest. If we go this route we have to comit to it and stick with it, and accept that the current board's entity may wither/die/rebrand.

The new regime can't just be disbanded if the old board try to come back to Coventry, we can't just hand back control. If we set up a new board, we run with it, and accept the consequences. If we recognise and embrace the new board as CCFC, why would we want to welcome back the board we removed? And why wouldn't we want to be in control of our own destiny? Why wouldn't we want an open and transparent organisation, with an elected board, answerable to us?

The official answer I got from a B.C.F.A. Exec was that the starting point would be Mid Comb 2, level 12, that's 3 below where Wimbledon started, and 3 below Sphinx, 8 promotions required to get back to the league. Wimbledon had 5 promotions in 9 years, it might take 10/15 years to get back, it might take longer.

We can't highjack another club like Sphinx or United, they're not a continuation of CCFC.

And we can't enter into this thinking we'll walk through every league, many of these clubs have long and proud history's, we have to be respectful, and gracious in defeat. If we can embrace non-league it might even be fun.

And it has to be the Ricoh, even if we're in Mid Combi 2, it's our home! Like the place or not, some of us have huge emotional attachment, the memorial garden, bricks, etc. it was built for us, and it's part of our identity now. And, regardless of opinions of the stadium owners/operators, we have to play a part in securing the Ricoh, it's for our own benefit! It is our home, and it's crucial to our long term future!

So, this isn't giving up, this is the beginning of a long, massive battle to take back our club, and build something strong for future generations! This is not an easy option, but I think it should be viewed as an opportunity to create the club we deserve. And we do deserve better, we can be far better!

If we want to do this, we need to start planning now, and we need everyone on board, everyone, those who go/don't go, boycotters, all the supporters groups, ex-players, ACL, CCC, F.A. and wether people like them or not/blame them, to move forward we've all got to work together with one common aim; to rebuild our club. We have to move forward, and that means taking control!

There has to be regime change, it has to be in place for next season, and we have to be prepared for it!

Nick

Administrator
This is not really about a new club, this is about regime change!

It's the same club with the board removed! We elect our own board, and begin to rebuild Coventry City.

I understand why many would want to wait until the club is legally gone, or permanently relocated, and ordinarily, I'd agree, but these are not ordinary times.

We are the club, all of us! At this point, if we could just put all the other mess to one side, and all move forward together as a group, focused on taking our club back, we would be in a very strong position.

We are an army, a huge economic army, people/organisations have to take that seriously! I think that strength would diminish if we wait another season, people/organisations move on. If the current board acquire the Ricoh, this opportunity is over. Right now, we could be the only show in town! If we're going to do it, it has to be 2014/15.

This can't be done as a threat or a protest. If we go this route we have to comit to it and stick with it, and accept that the current board's entity may wither/die/rebrand.

The new regime can't just be disbanded if the old board try to come back to Coventry, we can't just hand back control. If we set up a new board, we run with it, and accept the consequences. If we recognise and embrace the new board as CCFC, why would we want to welcome back the board we removed? And why wouldn't we want to be in control of our own destiny? Why wouldn't we want an open and transparent organisation, with an elected board, answerable to us?

The official answer I got from a B.C.F.A. Exec was that the starting point would be Mid Comb 2, level 12, that's 3 below where Wimbledon started, and 3 below Sphinx, 8 promotions required to get back to the league. Wimbledon had 5 promotions in 9 years, it might take 10/15 years to get back, it might take longer.

We can't highjack another club like Sphinx or United, they're not a continuation of CCFC.

And we can't enter into this thinking we'll walk through every league, many of these clubs have long and proud history's, we have to be respectful, and gracious in defeat. If we can embrace non-league it might even be fun.

And it has to be the Ricoh, even if we're in Mid Combi 2, it's our home! Like the place or not, some of us have huge emotional attachment, the memorial garden, bricks, etc. it was built for us, and it's part of our identity now. And, regardless of opinions of the stadium owners/operators, we have to play a part in securing the Ricoh, it's for our own benefit! It is our home, and it's crucial to our long term future!

So, this isn't giving up, this is the beginning of a long, massive battle to take back our club, and build something strong for future generations! This is not an easy option, but I think it should be viewed as an opportunity to create the club we deserve. And we do deserve better, we can be far better!

If we want to do this, we need to start planning now, and we need everyone on board, everyone, those who go/don't go, boycotters, all the supporters groups, ex-players, ACL, CCC, F.A. and wether people like them or not/blame them, to move forward we've all got to work together with one common aim; to rebuild our club. We have to move forward, and that means taking control!

There has to be regime change, it has to be in place for next season, and we have to be prepared for it!

How can a Midland combi 2 team play at the ricoh?

Of course it's a different club.

mark82

Finances aside there is no reason Ricoh couldn't be used at that level. Of course, you can't just put finances aside and ACL would price themselves well out of a club at that level that could charge at most a couple of quid a ticket. Would need to fill it every game and even that may not be enough to make it viable.

Any new club would need to negotiate to use the Butts realistically until they could build a stadium or afford the Ricoh.

bigfatronssba

Surely you already support a different club to the one you used to?

CCFC Ltd is no longer the club and is about to be liquidated.

Grendel

Why are you on here then?

bigfatronssba

stupot07

Ltd was just 1 company in a group of companies that made ccfc. If Ltd was the club then they never won the FA cup or had Jinmy hill as manager. It's the same club, just a change to the company structure, Holdings is still part of that, and that's been established since 1907 (I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

10/15 years + to get back to league football, and people say a couple of seasons playing at Northampton for 3 years will lose generations of fans.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

bigfatronssba

Ltd was just 1 company in a group of companies that made ccfc. If Ltd was the club then they never won the FA cup or had Jinmy hill as manager. It's the same club, just a change to the company structure, Holdings is still part of that, and that's been established since 1907 (I think).

Surely then the club is just whatever the fans consider it to be?

shmmeee

EDIT: I was wrong, Holdings been around since 1907. Regardless, both are gone now, it's just (or will be once the legals are sorted) Otium > SBSL > Sisu

CCFC Ltd held the golden share, which for all intents and purposes is "The Club".

It's now Otium.

Nick

Administrator

I support Coventry City FC, how often to teams change holding companies etc. The team STILL exists so that is who I support.

Nick

Administrator
Finances aside there is no reason Ricoh couldn't be used at that level. Of course, you can't just put finances aside and ACL would price themselves well out of a club at that level that could charge at most a couple of quid a ticket. Would need to fill it every game and even that may not be enough to make it viable.

Any new club would need to negotiate to use the Butts realistically until they could build a stadium or afford the Ricoh.

Even the Butts would be too big for a Midlands Combination 2 team.

saltaire bantam

I support Coventry City FC, how often to teams change holding companies etc. The team STILL exists so that is who I support.

Well, I suppose Wimbledon's team still exists, you saw them on Saturday. Who are their fans now supporting? A different Wimbledon? I don't think you'll find one who thinks that, or one Accy, Halifax, Park Avenue, Aldershot or Darlo fan with that view.

All parts that make up a club, apart from one, are transient, owners, managers & players come and go. The club is "you", the only permanent fixture.

If suggest that you get in touch with the Shaymen, they ceased to exist in 2008, but the new FC Halifax Town were placed just 4 (I think) levels below the FL, and they complained about that! I stand by what i said months ago, if you sold a few 1000 tickets, then lower level football clubs could not host Coventry games, for simple H&S and economic measures.

Nick

Administrator
Well, I suppose Wimbledon's team still exists, you saw them on Saturday. Who are their fans now supporting? A different Wimbledon? I don't think you'll find one who thinks that, or one Accy, Halifax, Park Avenue, Aldershot or Darlo fan with that view.

All parts that make up a club, apart from one, are transient, owners, managers & players come and go. The club is "you", the only permanent fixture.

If suggest that you get in touch with the Shaymen, they ceased to exist in 2008, but the new FC Halifax Town were placed just 4 (I think) levels below the FL, and they complained about that! I stand by what i said months ago, if you sold a few 1000 tickets, then lower level football clubs could not host Coventry games, for simple H&S and economic measures.

So are you telling me that Coventry City FC does not exist any more?

mark82

A normal one, yes. But judging by the strength of feeling on here there could be a good percentage up for it so who knows. I support it as a form of adding pressure but don't think I could ever just abandon CCFC. At least, not until there was no more hope.

M&B Stand

A normal one, yes. But judging by the strength of feeling on here there could be a good percentage up for it so who knows. I support it as a form of adding pressure but don't think I could ever just abandon CCFC. At least, not until there was no more hope.

While there is still a ccfc any AFC would just be another Coventry utd.

mark82

While there is still a ccfc any AFC would just be another Coventry utd.

Despite my position I'm not sure about that. If a few thousand set up a fan owned club I think it would be very different. That's a big if though. If it was just a couple of hundred wouldn't have quite the same effect.

Womble

Incorrect. Wimbledon FC was liquidated and the league share was transferred to a new organisation called InterMK. They formed a new club in 2004 called MKCunts.. (note i cant say the name),

to add, all trophies, identity etc etc were handed to Merton Council in around 2007. as a fan i had no say in where my clubs league share was going to be given to. When I hear people say 'they own the club so they can do what they want' makes me fucking angry.. see Hull City fans at this moment.

Last edited:

shmmeee

But we wouldn't be any ordinary Midlands Combination 2 team I think is the argument.

If done properly, I'd expect 1-1.5k gate. That's about right for the Butts isn't it?

bigfatronssba

So are you telling me that Coventry City FC does not exist any more?

Not without putting the word Coventry in inverted commas.

Nick

Administrator
Had better tell those thousands of Coventry City fans who went on Saturday the news then...

SkyBlueHomer

Would the Butts be prepared to accommodate us though? There are already 2 rugby teams, Union and League(during the summer)playing there, would they want 3rd team as well.

I think all this AFC Coventry idea, whilst there is nothing wrong with the principle in setting it up there are far to many factors against it. Look how many protest/splinter groups there are at the minute and I include Coventry Utd in this as well. They cant even work together now and they all have the same agenda at the end of the day. Take into account those who would not be prepared to follow as they currently go to Northampton, those who would not go as they live outside of Coventry and have no connection with this new team and those who wont go as there still is a Coventry City I think its nothing more than a dream.

If it did get up and running once the reality of life in the lower leagues sets in I think a few more would be lost and what if Coventry City did then return to Coventry or the Ricoh?

RoboCCFC90

We have seen numerous threads about a Phoenix Club over the past 6 months, but Coventry City is not dead so why should a Phoenix club be established??

bigfatronssba

We have seen numerous threads about a Phoenix Club over the past 6 months, but Coventry City is not dead so why should a Phoenix club be established??

Professional football in Coventry is dead is it not?

RoboCCFC90

Professional football in Coventry is dead is it not?

Temporarily, there is no professional Football in Coventry, but there is no quick fix to that is there? You can't create a Phoenix Club and tomorrow it be in the League 2. It took AFC Wimbledon 8 years to climb through all the Leagues and into League 2, how many fans would you get at a Phoenix Club if the Sky Blues were still in existence? Not many I would imagine.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

But we wouldn't be any ordinary Midlands Combination 2 team I think is the argument.

If done properly, I'd expect 1-1.5k gate. That's about right for the Butts isn't it?

Butts would be the ideal venue IMNSO if the worst happened and we fell through the abyss.

It's also got space for organic growth to a certain level too, and is city centre based. Can't work for the club as it is now, and nobody would be able to expand it as much as we need now, but it'd maybe work long term, as things improve piecemeal...

I know the site was done to death with speculation when the club threatened to leave, and long term it was ruled out as impractical, but not so sure it is if you start from a lower and smaller base. It could actually gain us our city centre ground back with character.

tbh444

Had better tell those thousands of Coventry City fans who went on Saturday the news then...

It's still early days, many will continue to follow the league entity while they relate to the players, but for how long? Are you confident the 7000 will still be happy to back a team they rarely see in a year's time? 2 year's time? I agree it is probably too early for most but 'what is ccfc' is not an open and shut question that you make it out to be, there has to be a hypothetical cut-off point where a majority say enough is enough

bigfatronssba

Users who are viewing this thread