AFCON (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

8 dead (so far).....and many seriously & critically injured.....so so sad.

.....some of the footage of fans forcing entry is strikingly similar to last summers scenes at wembley tbh......

Brighton Sky Blue

Comoros put in a legendary effort there and should never have been forced to play with a stand in keeper. An incredible performance under the circumstances and an outrageous goal to go with it.

SBT

Less than a week after 8 people killed at the Olembe stadium and it’s back in business. Insanity.

Hertsccfc

Less than a week after 8 people killed at the Olembe stadium and it’s back in business. Insanity.

Yes. But let's not forget the 1985 European Cup final still went ahead after 39 people were killed at the Heysel stadium. It's difficult to believe now.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Cameroon with a masterclass on how not to take penalties.
Watch our game go to pens at the weekend now and Cov to go

giphy.gif

SkyBlueSoul

People wanking over this free kick, I'm sorry but it's shit keeping. Harder to save when it moves around yes but fuck me.

HadjiChippo

How is that not a pen for Ivory Coast? And player who got took out got a booking?!?

fair play for sending ref to VAR, in prem they’d have just stuck with ref decision to save them embarrassment

HadjiChippo

Haven’t been following AFCON too closely but you’d think Kessie, Haller and Pepe would be definite starters for IC. Look much better since the subs, hope they nick it in extra time

Alkhen

I think Wembley has broken my enjoyment of a penalty shootout. Just feel for the poor feckers who miss.

Tournament is heating up now. Probably Moroccos to lose but would love to see a small side go far.

Users who are viewing this thread