Air Fryer (1 Viewer)

JAM See

1644432662044.png

This post caught my interest.

Is it worth investing in one, or will it end up at the back of the cupboard with the toasted sandwich maker, the George Foreman and the bread maker?

SBAndy

Mainly use my air fryer for making chips, and it’s used twice a week or so for about the last 3 years.

Otis

Yes, use it quite a lot, but unfortunately I have adopted an "if it moves air dry it" policy and it has led to many a disappointing outcome.

pipkin73

Do they cost more than a feep fat friyer to cook now the price of electricity is flying up? Genuine question.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We bought one of those Ninja Foodie things about 2 years ago. Used it regularly for about a month, now just get it down from on top of the fridge-freezer to grill a couple of steaks every now and again. Bloody thing cost £179! What a waste!
20220210_112948.jpg

JulianDarbyFTW

Couldn't live without one. But we've had three Tefal Actifrys, and all have broken just after the year's warranty ran out. Got a cheap and cheerful one now, but it isn't great - probably suck up the cost and go big brand again next time.

stay_up_skyblues

Yeah we use ours all the time. Anything you might deep fry can go in there (other than melty stuff like mozzarella sticks or deep fried Camembert). Good for chips and potato wedges from scratch. Also ideal if the kids are having nuggets/chips/waffles/fish fingers etc. too as it saves pre-heating the oven and takes half the time. My Nan does bacon and sausages in her air fryer but I’ve never tried it. Samosas and pakoras from the deli at supermarket also come out much better than in the oven.

rob9872

We bought one of those Ninja Foodie things about 2 years ago. Used it regularly for about a month, now just get it down from on top of the fridge-freezer to grill a couple of steaks every now and again. Bloody thing cost £179! What a waste!
View attachment 23803
Mrs talked about em but wasnt paying full money for a fad, so I'll give you £50 for it Houch if you want rid (as long as it works lol)👍

Kneeza

View attachment 23803
We have one of those.
We had a 'go' at the kitchen cupboards yesterday, chucking out loads of stuff we don't use (including a deep fat fryer - that was only used once - and which turned out to be full of stinking rancid oil!).
The Ninja, however, still stands proud on the worktop, and is used at least three times a week.
Fantastic bit of kit. (Well, we think so).

Users who are viewing this thread