Alex Curran: 'I'll go to the World Cup' (1 Viewer)

dutchman

showbiz_alex_curran_steven_gerrard.jpg

Alex Curran has revealed that she will go to South Africa if husband Steven Gerrard reaches the semi-finals of the World Cup.

England manager Fabio Capello had previously banned WAGs from being with the players during their stay. However, Curran said that she would defy the rule if the team progress well in the competition.

"Steven will definitely be a great captain. I know he'll do a good job like he does at Liverpool, and I'm sure they'll all pull together," she told the News of the World. "I've decided to stay at home in England to watch the early games and will only go to South Africa if they make the semi-finals.

"From what I hear, not many wives or girlfriends are going out there - unless the team gets to the final, that is," she continued. "Nothing's been organised this year by the FA, so if we want to go we'll have to make our own plans.

"If we do make it to the semi-finals - and my fingers and toes are firmly crossed - I'll have to sort out my travel plans at the last minute," Curran added. "I can go as long I don't come into contact with Steven. I don't think I'll be able to see him at all. I'd be there just to go to the games."

Users who are viewing this thread