Alex Lacey (2 Viewers)

steve82

Looking at his stats and I've stolen a telegraph style FIVE FACTS from Yeovil website when they signed him 2 years ago.....

1) Alexander Lawrence Lacey is a 22-year old central defender signed from Luton Town who put him on the transfer list at the end of the 2014/15 season.
*now 23, 24 end of may...

2) Lacey has been at Luton throughout his whole career progressing through their youth system, making his first team debut in December 2010 – aged just 16.

3) He is equally capable in the centre of midfield having spent four spells away from Luton on loan at Cambridge City, Thurrock, Eastbourne Borough and Eastleigh.

4) As recently as last summer, Sky Sports linked Lacey with Bournemouth, Charlton and Millwall. John Still named Lacey Luton captain for pre-season as a challenge for him to step up and improve his communication.

5) Lacey has been very highly rated at Kenilworth Road and joins Yeovil Town with a Conference Title Winners Medal in his suitcase following over 50 appearances with the Hatters.

Now 2 years on and he's clocked up 72 appearances for Yeovil and 115 senior appearances for combined for Luton and Yeovil scoring 5 goals.
99 appearances in the national league (21 apps) and league two (78 apps)

Alex Lacey won three awards this season, the Green and White Supporters’ Club Player of the Year, the Community Sports Trust Player of the Year, and the Disabled Supporters’ Association Player of the Year.
He also came second in the Cary Glovers’ Player of the Year category with the winner being goalkeeper Artur Krysiak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If we can get an experienced goalkeeper, a young defence in age terms may not be a terrible thing.

If he's got over 100 games, and let's say Willis stays, he must have a fair few games behind him also, or Turnbull who some see as our best CB currently st the club, although some also think he's vulnerable to mistakes (that's me :)), would it be that terrible a partnership?

Great_Expectations

If we can get an experienced goalkeeper, a young defence in age terms may not be a terrible thing.

If he's got over 100 games, and let's say Willis stays, he must have a fair few games behind him also, or Turnbull who some see as our best CB currently st the club, although some also think he's vulnerable to mistakes (that's me :)), would it be that terrible a partnership?

I agree re the keeper, having someone you trust behind you makes a massive difference, especially if they are vocal like Murphy.

I'm also one of those who really rates Turnbull, I'd probably say he's better than Willis. He's capable of the odd mistake but overall he is naturally a better player. How well he plays is very much dependent on who he has next to him.

stevefloyd

I was more impressed with Turnbull towards the end of season he was throwing his body to try to block shots. With us being in the lower divisions i think we have to accept that players will make more than the odd mistakes that is why they are not playing in a higher league

nmp2327

Feeling of déjà vu, lots of rumour just for once let's get some of these players over the line. No surprise rumours appear as ST deadline looms, come on SISU prove you mean it this time

Liquid Gold

Feeling of déjà vu, lots of rumour just for once let's get some of these players over the line. No surprise rumours appear as ST deadline looms, come on SISU prove you mean it this time
While I agree that it would be good to have a squad together by pre season and to gel them I don't think we can get annoyed about a lack of transfers in early May

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I agree re the keeper, having someone you trust behind you makes a massive difference, especially if they are vocal like Murphy.

I'm also one of those who really rates Turnbull, I'd probably say he's better than Willis. He's capable of the odd mistake but overall he is naturally a better player. How well he plays is very much dependent on who he has next to him.

I must admit I was more comfortable when's turbull had an experienced head alongside him. Seemed a lot more composed when Clarke played, which was strange given how Clarke performed himself after his first couple of games!

ceetee

Ours didnt ;)
Really?
Willis and Stevenson were good enough to attract offers in Jan. In fact, some on here said they were already sold.

And to address another point (sorry I don't know how to do multiple quotes) Players like Turnbull will make mistakes; they are 3rd / 4th division players for a reason

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

9+ years , it just ant going to happen . :emoji_scream:

steve82

Looks like Gillingham are winning this race from reports.
Is he still in our plans now we've signed Rod McDonald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread