Alex Nimely (1 Viewer)

StevieM

Just a thought......
I was thinking, have we asked Man City for a "Buy it now" price for Alex Nimely?

I was only considering this point thinking back to Ranson allegedly had a price in principal for buying Jordan Henderson back in the day should he become available.

Given that young Alex is many millions of transfer fee pounds down the pecking order at City, and knowing that they have the spending power of a small country maybe we could/should have a cheeky ask to check what or if he would be allowed to go for?

If not then surely (division pending of course) shouldn't we at least be trying to get him on a season long loan for the next campaign.

The same applys to Norwood but ManUre do bring some youngsters through the ranks as oppposed to buying in.:thinking about:

superskyblue

Nimely is on a fairly long term contract at City, that was awarded to him recently. It's unlikely they're going to sell him, but a season long loan next season must surely be an option? As for Norwood, I don't know how far down the pecking order he is, he must be a fair way down.

Dean Allsop

I have posted before regarding Nimley, as I understand it, the deal is until the end of the season, with a view to a season long loan/buy-out deal for next season, so will have to wait and see but all indications are that he will be here next year.

We are over looking the obvious point here. We cannot afford him.

yet......

(Won't let me post without more characters)

((Stupid rule by the way))

Paxman II

I would imagine a season long loan has a possibility. Man City will buy again this summer and he is one for the future for them, maybe another season away playing regular would be ideal. They would fund most of his wage I would imagine. He is too hot a prospect to consider buying and bringing to this level permanently and would command a healthy fee anyway. Not so sure he will return though. He is surely likely to gain more by being around the likes of Ballotelli and co next year with perhaps an odd sub appearance on his cards? I think he will become available on short term loan as the season progresses and could become available again late on as he has been now...

hamil99

Facebook User
I have posted before regarding Nimley, as I understand it, the deal is until the end of the season, with a view to a season long loan/buy-out deal for next season, so will have to wait and see but all indications are that he will be here next year.

Everywhere I look on the internet, I can't find one link to this. Where did u get it from?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"Buy it Now" price?? Is he for sale on e-Bay then? :D

rob9872

Not a chance - he is on Man City wages for a start even if we were fortunate enough to get him for free!

SkyBlue

He is 20 now, surely at the age he would hope of being near the first team? City have a lot of strikers though, at the end of this season they'll have, Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli, Tevez, Adebayor, Guidetti, Santa Cruz, while it is likely that some of those will be sold and new player will be brought in there is still all the academy kids that seem to be rated higher than Nimely like Suarez, Scapuzzi, Razak. We might be in with a chance

Grendel

Unfortunately this thread is fantasy. If we cab recruit him for a season long loan that would be fantastic.
However he will not becsigning for us on a permanent basis.

Astute

The only way I see us signing him up would be a free transfer and Man City feeling sorry for the other Sky Blue team and paying his wages on a 5 year contract, getting half of any transfer fee in return. With the way SISU work they would get their money within 12 months

Dean Allsop

It was something that was said at the start of his loan period, I heard in the ticket office and shop that we have the option of a season long, and a option of buying him at the end of his loan, I as recall it was also on Man City Fan site Blue moon

aodea

Would love him and norwood to be here next year even if on season long loans. realisticly we wont get players like them on full time deals so if they are happy to come on loan we would be mad to take them. Nimley has been so impressive so far.

StevieM

Isn't alot of it down to the lad-if he is happy here and being looked after and playing every week isn't that better than playing reserve team football or the odd friendly for his development and especially with us - his "character building"?
Man City will be expected to shell out more dosh again in the summer, with the likes of Ronaldo et al comfortably within their spending capacity, as they will go flat out for the Champions League probably, so a kid who has cost them nowt isn't gonna get a sniff I would have thought when they have the choice of so many big guns at their disposal or for hire even.
We should be moving now on this one ( even on the loan deal) before someone else comes along and hijacks the lad!

PS He reminds me of Peter Ndlovu when he is on the ball !

Users who are viewing this thread