All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (1 Viewer)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Brighton Sky Blue

Did Brighton not used to ground share with Gillingham back before they got the withdean? Would suggest none of the afore mentioned rules apply. Or are they recently introduced rules?

BHA's situation was quite different to our own in that the club's directors sold the ground without telling anyone, for personal gain. No other ground could be found in the city so Gillingham was the only alternative-they were extreme circumstances and I'm not sure it's much of a precedent for CCFC.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
and if ACL say offered the rent at £400k would that be reasonable ?

It isnt a Legaue1 stadium and you would hope the income potential of CCFC isnt League 1 either. So lets not get bogged down in League 1 average crap its a spurious argument and everyone knows it

Equivalent to say 4 less players out of a squad of 37.

Is that affordable ?

Just pay the rent that we owe them. Whether we like the price or not, we agreed to pay that price when we came to the Ricoh. Legally, they deserve ever penny. Morally, they deserve f**k all, but thats the law for you. Its never on your side. Where else are we gonna play? Bedworth Oval? Butts Park? Think about it. Highfield Road is gone. The Ricoh is the only stadium big enough for CCFC. Even though its TOO big lol. WE just need to pay off this debt, negotiate a new rent price and m ove on form this whole horrid business. I know its not that easy with SISU but thats whats in the best interests of the club.

and if ACL say offered the rent at £400k would that be reasonable ?

It isnt a Legaue1 stadium and you would hope the income potential of CCFC isnt League 1 either. So lets not get bogged down in League 1 average crap its a spurious argument and everyone knows it

Equivalent to say 4 less players out of a squad of 37.

Is that affordable ?

The Ricoh is a massive stadium, the biggest outside the PL, so we've got to expect to pay more, but it needs to be affordable

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
yes it does need to be affordable ........... 400k , thats under £16k a game for the hire of the pitch, stands, corporate areas, boxes, shop, boardroom etc ............. average crowds say 10k at average £15 per ticket £150k plus all other income (excluding the kiosks)

Seems reasonable and affordable to me.

cloughie

Quote TrueskyblueLiam

'I know its not that easy with SISU but thats whats in the best interests of the club'

that wouldn't bother sisu they do things that are in the best interests of sisu and sisu only

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Not much choice on your list Otis? :thinking about:

For me, it would have to be Southamton. Nearest half decent team locally. Similar to Cov in size. Nice club. Most Southampton fans have an affinity to Cov. And I certainly wouldn't follow bleedin' Pompey!

Well they need to eb reported to the Football League cus they're not doing they're job as owners. How the hel;l did they pass the fit and proper persons test?

cloughie

Well they need to eb reported to the Football League cus they're not doing they're job as owners. How the hel;l did they pass the fit and proper persons test?

The football league couldn't make them take the test as nobody knows who they are

nuckythompson

400k is approximately what David Bell earns - great financial management SISU - one crocked injury prone very average player on a ridiculous contract or a multi million pound state of the art playing arena.

scroobiustom

Reminds me, my official 'Wills and Kate' mug arrived this morning ;)

Wow, that took its time...seems like the Post Office should get a winding up order before we do with that quality of service!

Nick

Administrator
Should see the amount of abuse on twitter there has been to the Sky Blues Talk account from people who didn't bother to click the link to read about it... :(:eek:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Also my understanding is that a compromise rent of around £400k was offered - however I can not sit here and prove it

Sky Blues

Should see the amount of abuse on twitter there has been to the Sky Blues Talk account from people who didn't bother to click the link to read about it... :(:eek:

I saw @SkyBluesTalk was being unfollowed by one or two. I guess they must unwittingly think it is one person rather than a forum of all sorts - including jesters such as Otis! :D

Sky Blues

Also my understanding is that a compromise rent of around £400k was offered - however I can not sit here and prove it

Could ACL cover the mortgage at that level?

If correct, a 66 per cent reduction would be huge and must surely be just about as good as it could get if SISU's intention really was a rent reduction? But, as has been noted, maybe that's not their end game... :thinking about:

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If they were restructuring other costs then yes why not........... I dont think ACL would make an offer in that region if it still left them at financial risk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

That's why I hate twitter! I have account but never use it. Too many kids and idiots on there!

Blue Maniac

Marvellous wind-up thread. Good work Otis.

That said, we've usually got 10,000 or so empty seats. Fuck all food available at the kiosks mind.

sky_blue_up_north

Nuneaton Town, or even Bedrock... but it would from my armchair, could never have the same dedication for another team

Nick

Administrator
Good job the twitter doesn't show the location of them, people would be coming to stab me without actually reading.

Users who are viewing this thread