All time favourite City player (1 Viewer)

jagman

I am old enough to remember the teams of the sixties & seventies onwards so my favourite player/players were Bill Glazier brilliant goalie unlucky not to play for England and Tommy Hutchinson (enough said)

Nick

Administrator
I remember Oggy bumping into me in a petrol station and saying "Sorry big man" which made me well happy ha!

Back in the day in the playground I wanted to be Peter Ndlovu.

Peter Griffin

I remember Oggy bumping into me in a petrol station and saying "Sorry big man" which made me well happy ha!

Back in the day in the playground I wanted to be Peter Ndlovu.

Awesome! Last time I met Oggy was late July of '97 when we played Torquay United away pre-season, I was too scared to speak to him! I just stood there while he did all the talking!

Stan

would agree on all the votes for Oggy, but like Jagman my recollections are of the 60's/70's and the main man for me at the time was Ian Gibson - great passer of the ball, wicked right foot and not afraid of anyone!!

Bluegirl

I have a crush on Dennis Wise but I dont think he counts
So I guess it would have to be Cyril, such a nice guy

covlad

bluegirl, do you work in the dole office by day????loydd mcgrath - so much spirit and energy made up for his lack of tech ability

1987ccfc

My top 3 would be

1 Tommy Hutchinson worth paying the addmision fee to Highfeild Road just to watch him

2 Bill Glazier The best goalie City have ever had better than even Oggy bur only just

3 Oggy always always gave 100% plus I got his Gloves from a game we won at Annfeild when we beat the mighty Liverpool 2-1

CCFC54

Two of the best ever City players, at least in the time that I've supported them, have to be Tommy Hutchison and Bill Glazier. Then you start to remember George Hudson, Terry Bly and the Wallace/Ferguson double act. Where do we stop? I'm out in Australia and still follow all of the games, but I think of the Jimmy Hill era with a lot of pleasure.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
That era was before my time unfortunately so mine is Oggy, how he kept us in the prem for so long was amazing, glad he was also such a big part of the fa cup team.

Disorganised1

Tommy Hutchinson is still up there for me - along with Colin Stein, but before that Ernie Hunt was a real character, and my boyhood idol was Ronnie Rees. Then there were the defenders like Chris Cattlin or George Curtis. Keepers we've nearly always had good ones - Bill Glazier, Bob Wesson, Oggy.

Users who are viewing this thread