Allen injury (1 Viewer)

It’sabatch87

If he played for the the scousers or Man U it’d be all over the 6 o’clock news!!

Warwickhunt

I am watching the Sheffield v Brum match and praying for a really shit tackle on Bernard! Karma! I believe in Karma! He keeps pulling Hogan's shirt and he will get pissed off before the end of the game

sotvtoday

I seem to recall it was a freezing day, and as the match was being played rescuers were trying (and failing) to save a lot of poor souls from the bottom of the English Channel after the Zeebrugge ferry disaster :(
Absolutely right!
I caught a ferry back from Sweden that morning while all the TVs on the boat were showing pictures of that disaster.
Very sobering.

Calista

Absolutely right!
I caught a ferry back from Sweden that morning while all the TVs on the boat were showing pictures of that disaster.
Very sobering.
I was in the West End at Highfield Road, and during the match couldn't stop my mind wandering to the people on that ferry. They were saying at the time that they might get rescued from air pockets in the sunken ship, but I never thought it was likely and sadly I was right.

djr8369

Wasn’t there a time when the offside rule was when there was clear space between the attacker and the last defender?
This is what it should be IMO. The spirit of the law is having an unfair advantage so why pursue incidents where a toe or a shoulder are fractional ahead of a defender.

slowpoke

The match referee killed the Allen incident with his match report saying he dealt with it obviously knowing by saying that as I kills any enquiry as per rules.

Sky Blue Pete

The match referee killed the Allen incident with his match report saying he dealt with it obviously knowing by saying that as I kills any enquiry as per rules.
I'm surprised he stayed on the pitch, he must of been in so much pain and complete shock

Completely agree. We had a go at the ref quite rightly but what’s Allen doing not getting treatment? What are the other players doing not checking on him and saying something?
What’s the coach manager and physio doing not getting some treatment

The answer of course is that it looked innocuous.

Grassroots safeguarding is the same. Everyone is an expert in theory but when something needs to be done no one steps up. When my lad refs he’s the kid and parents and coaches look to him cos he’s the ref too. Do coaches and parents not so first aid or minor injury or anger management xlassses

slowpoke

Completely agree. We had a go at the ref quite rightly but what’s Allen doing not getting treatment? What are the other players doing not checking on him and saying something?
What’s the coach manager and physio doing not getting some treatment

The answer of course is that it looked innocuous.

Grassroots safeguarding is the same. Everyone is an expert in theory but when something needs to be done no one steps up. When my lad refs he’s the kid and parents and coaches look to him cos he’s the ref too. Do coaches and parents not so first aid or minor injury or anger management xlassses
In my day of running/ managing teams it was me, a bucket and a sponge. I think me running on armed with the bucket made them get up bloody sharpish.
Today it’s very different clubs especially with young ‘uns have medial people around I think they have to.

Users who are viewing this thread