Alternatives to the Higgs? (1 Viewer)

Walsgrave

Assuming that Wasps do indeed takeover the Allard Way site, where could the Academy realistically move? Warwick University? Highway? Or even Kilsby Lane in Rugby?

skybluetony176

As Nick says the indoor pitch is the big issue so the club has two choices if not negotiate at the Higgs. Build our own or go into partnership with someone else at a different site. Both of which would require investment so unlikely.

With regards to Kilsby Lane in Rugby that might be an issue as it's greenbelt and IIRC the only building that is on the site was a compromise to get through planning and that was height sensitive.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
going to depend if they move everything out or part

Biggest problem moving everything is the indoor pitch - there is no other in the area. So lock stock is realistically a no go

That leaves use of indoor pitch, a 3g pitch and at least one other pitch at AHC, plus some or all offices

They could use Ryton to play U18 & U21 matches on at weekends

They could base some age groups at Warwick uni perhaps some of the offices etc. There are well established junior clubs that could lend a hand. CSF has other sites.

SBITC tend to use various sites so could probably just reschedule (inc Warwick Uni) and use AHC less

There are potential solutions - until someone talks to the various options or each other we wont know

Nick

Administrator
Why can't they just build their own site. of all the places in the city Wasps could go (im sure with much support from the council) did they have to choose the ccfc academy. nuts.

That's the thing, they were working with CSF before they even moved here. The CSF guy is pushing City of Rugby...

I am sure it is no coincidence.

Nick

Administrator
going to depend if they move everything out or part

Biggest problem moving everything is the indoor pitch - there is no other in the area. So lock stock is realistically a no go

That leaves use of indoor pitch, a 3g pitch and at least one other pitch at AHC, plus some or all offices

They could use Ryton to play U18 & U21 matches on at weekends

They could base some age groups at Warwick uni perhaps some of the offices etc. There are well established junior clubs that could lend a hand. CSF has other sites.

SBITC tend to use various sites so could probably just reschedule (inc Warwick Uni) and use AHC less

There are potential solutions - until someone talks to the various options or each other we wont know

Do you know if Bablake's 3g pitch is full sized? They have loads of pitches too.

Ian1779

Why can't they just build their own site. of all the places in the city Wasps could go (im sure with much support from the council) did they have to choose the ccfc academy. nuts.

I personally think they aren't prepared to put their OWN money in. So utilise other peoples.

Moff

As Nick says the indoor pitch is the big issue so the club has two choices if not negotiate at the Higgs. Build our own or go into partnership with someone else at a different site. Both of which would require investment so unlikely.

With regards to Kilsby Lane in Rugby that might be an issue as it's greenbelt and IIRC the only building that is on the site was a compromise to get through planning and that was height sensitive.

I believe permission is in for a further building at Kilsby Lane.

I doubt it will retain green belt status for much longer what with the developments that are encroaching towards it from Dirft, the mast site, and the proposed new station. Couple that with Rugby Council normally approving most major development, and it could one day be a consideration....well if we still have an academy, or club.

rupert_bear

To do our own facility you need desire to run an Acadamy, our owners have no desire at all. As for where, land galore at Allard Way

skybluetony176

I believe permission is in for a further building at Kilsby Lane.

I doubt it will retain green belt status for much longer what with the developments that are encroaching towards it from Dirft, the mast site, and the proposed new station. Couple that with Rugby Council normally approving most major development, and it could one day be a consideration....well if we still have an academy, or club.

Not aware of that. Any idea what the plans are?

Dirft is going in the opposite direction at the moment, towards Lilborne up the A5. The Mast site is the other side of Hilmorton and the railway. Not 100% where the station is supposed to end up but it won't be on Kilsby Lane as there's no rail tracks there, just the canal.

Nick

Administrator
would love nothing more than them buying the connexions back, chucking a full size 3g in there and expanding Ryton.

Have a CCFC themed Gym in there as well.

Wont happen :(

Chipfat

This is turning out to be the new stadium site thread and we know how that search is going. To invest in an academy inside or outside the city boundaries is 1 of 4 options the owners have left to them and in my opinion the least likely. So they have to walk away!!! not going to happen, open talks which sadly means no bargaining power or carry on the same rd of appeals, tears and repeat horseshit which culminates in the loss of FA grant, lost academy and a very bleak future for the whole club....

Unfortunately, unfair doesn't come into this no more, all is planned and Sisu have well and truly put themselves at the mercy of all other parties. Please do not expect help from those within this deal, they are all in this together, while in a nice warm secure building, they watch sisu outside with noses pressed against the window, saying they don't want to come in, while getting very sick from the wet and cold. Bluff called, nuts in the vice and we have a very badly exposed Mr Fisher and his master planners, time is now the enemy when it was once a friend of sisu.

The club, fans, and history have no place in this battle, morals are not discussed as this is very much a business deal with a potential hostile take over in place, in my opinion. If not this the facts do not paint a very good picture for our future does it!

Last edited:

Hobo

I personally think they aren't prepared to put their OWN money in. So utilise other peoples.

And that applies to the Stadium as well.

Captain Dart

Would have to build new facilities.
SISU have never built anything anywhere, they never will, they sell assets and pay off debtors at a fraction of the book debt. That's their business.

Ian1779

SISU have never built anything anywhere, they never will, they sell assets and pay off debtors at a fraction of the book debt. That's their business.

Sounds awfully similar to a hedge fund owned franchise club from down London way...

Chipfat

I agree they have never built anything, but somehow told thousand that they are looking for sites while drawing silly pictures and introducing us all to Mrs Garlick on a promise they would. Shows and tells us a lot about the future of a new academy, its about as far away as TF being invited round my house for tea....

Last edited:

rupert_bear

This is turning out to be the new stadium site thread and we know how that search is going. To invest in an academy inside or outside the city boundaries is 1 of 4 options the owners have left to them and in my opinion the least likely. So they have to walk away!!! not going to happen, open talks which sadly means no bargaining power or carry on the same rd of appeals, tears and repeat horseshit which culminates in the loss of FA grant, lost academy and a very bleak future for the whole club....

Lastly, unfair doesn't come into this no more, all is planned and Sisu have been well and truly put themselves at the mercy of all other parties. Please do not expect help from those within this deal, they are all in this together, while in a nice warm building watching sisu outside nosed pressed against the window, saying they don't want to come, while getting very sick from the wet and cold. Bluff called, nuts in the vice and we have a very badly exposed Mr Fisher and his master planners, time is now the enemy when it was once a friend of sisu.

The club, fans, and history have no place in this battle, morals are not discussed as this is very much a business deal with a potential hostile take over in place, in my opinion. If not this the facts do not paint a very good picture for our future does it!
Well put, won't go down too well on here though, not enough anti Wasp or council venom. But we should all prepare for an even bigger item, due within two years, where we play our home games. The way this Chris Anderson has handled what compared to where we play in comparrison should have been a cakewalk but he is quiet clearly out of his depth

Nick

Administrator
Well put, won't go down too well on here though, not enough anti Wasp or council venom. But we should all prepare for an even bigger item, due within two years, where we play our home games. The way this Chris Anderson has handled what compared to where we play in comparrison should have been a cakewalk but he is quiet clearly out of his depth
You are right it is the same, wasps don't want us there either so will sack us off and twist the blame...

Ian1779

Sadly for us, that franchise mean's what they say's and invested in a plan of foundation, not gamble on a RR dream.

True - it must have been a dream come true to find a council so accomdating and lacking in morals.

Captain Dart

Sounds awfully similar to a hedge fund owned franchise club from down London way...
Nope, they have completed a lot of works and spent money to create them. Quite a different model entirely.

Chipfat

Nick, its not that Wasps or anyone else doesn't want the club there, they will oblige for the club but only after they reach the other goal in this process, they have said they want CCFC at the Academy and Ricoh. The truth is they don't want Sisu near anything, so the play on words is being well and truly used and has been by all parties for a certain agenda. We as fans do not split the 2 in regards to owners and Club we say us, but all other parties have no problem in doing so as they will pick up what is left when or if Sisu leave.

Time is on Wasps and partners side now, Sisu are on a timer that is running fast, the other party knows this so bluff, comments or courts will not help Sisu now, delaying anything for them is dangerous. I don't like this Nick, i don't enjoy this but its why all the excuses are coming out about why not to talk instead of solutions to talk. Very important to remember in this situation of stalemate!! who does talks and agreed contracts of time benefit, if getting sisu out is the plan? it certainly isn't those who are putting the squeeze on....

My opinion by the way, i have no inside information, just a feeling on how things are playing out, so i don't mind if i get ridiculed or pulled up for the above.

Last edited:

Walsgrave

Do you know if Bablake's 3g pitch is full sized? They have loads of pitches too.
They are hockey pitches as far as I know but if converted, the two 3G pitches would probably be large enough to house the minimum 100x60m requirement to be regarded as a full sized football pitch.

I know the pitches at Bablak are quite good - it would just take some work by the club to get the soil up to academy standard.

hammerman

I honestly don't think the owners want an academy. Yes it may get them a few pounds every so many years through selling talent but I don't think they're interested. I have heard a rumour that sisu are looking at taking the club out of Coventry to either Rushden or Worcester, if they don't get what they want. This was mentioned at the scg meeting. Words to the effect of "if fans keep pushing for the owners to leave, they may get what they wish for"

Captain Dart

Where exactly?
Broadstreet temporary training facilities, new pitch at Ricoh, Ricoh Hilton Hotel refurbishment, Ricoh bar & restaurant refurbishment.
Nothing massive, but generally they have continued investment in the Arena, all costs money.

Users who are viewing this thread