Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (2 Viewers)

stupot07

The last striker we signed from Walsall was the mighty Kyle Lightbourne who the Walsall fans loved but was absolutely useless. Hopefully this situation will be the reverse.
Manset...albeit he was signed on a free after being released.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Esoterica

Robins loves a deep lying centre forward. I think he's just gone for a player who he thinks has got better attributes to play the 1 in his 4-2-3-1 which seems to be this seasons formation of choice. The goals will be shared around the front 4 this year. Those comparing his scoring record with McNulty are always going to be disappointed rather than watching how his attributes bring the best out of the players around him on the pitch. More than willing to give him a chance.

And this year, if it's not working, we've got the squad to completely change personnel and/or formation. Jones, Andreu, Hiwula behind Bakayoko. Shipley, Allassani, Bayliss behind JCH/Biamou.

As an aside: Jones back doing ball work with the rest of the squad it looks like from training
Large

Irish Sky Blue

It's not 200k upfront and you are fucking Walsall so do one you mutant

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
This guy comes on here, is polite isn’t abusive or unpleasant in anyway but gets abuse like this. Why is he a mutant? Because he comes from another town 30 miles from where we are? Sad that some people can’t simply have a discussion without calling names.

Captain Dart

djr8369

Looks to be in the biamou / JCH mould rather than Chaplin. Looks to create more than he scores from that

I know these are highlights but is anybody else looking at these and thinking he has bags of potential?

Pace, power, can cross and shoot and defend from the front. Sounds like he lacks consistency but that’s something that can be improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Robins loves a deep lying centre forward. I think he's just gone for a player who he thinks has got better attributes to play the 1 in his 4-2-3-1 which seems to be this seasons formation of choice. The goals will be shared around the front 4 this year. Those comparing his scoring record with McNulty are always going to be disappointed rather than watching how his attributes bring the best out of the players around him on the pitch. More than willing to give him a chance.

And this year, if it's not working, we've got the squad to completely change personnel and/or formation. Jones, Andreu, Hiwula behind Bakayoko. Shipley, Allassani, Bayliss behind JCH/Biamou.

As an aside: Jones back doing ball work with the rest of the squad it looks like from training
Large

Bakayoko isn’t a lone striker, nor is he a target man. His style of play indicates he likes to run into channels and with the ball to his feet. If we’re to play 4-2-3-1 it probably won’t be Bakayoko as the spearhead. Very much a striker who thrives in a 4-4-2 it seems.

We’ll end up playing 4-4-2 after a few games.

Terry Gibson's perm

Bakayoko isn’t a lone striker, nor is he a target man. His style of play indicates he likes to run into channels and with the ball to his feet. If we’re to play 4-2-3-1 it probably won’t be Bakayoko as the spearhead. Very much a striker who thrives in a 4-4-2 it seems.

We’ll end up playing 4-4-2 after a few games.

It’s going to be busy in those channels any idea who is going to be in the middle to score though

Reactions: vow

Limey

Before I start I'm not comparing Kane to Bakayoko but...
Wasn't Kane supposed to be crap? Loaned to Leicester etc with mediocre at best reports.
Sometimes right team right manager can produce the unexpected.
Give him a fair crack.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't know what happened at Walsall, but clearly many of their fans have an issue with this player, not just for his goals but his attitude too.

As a result of this I don't think it is right to criticise anyone who is concerned about his arrival. Losing McNulty was a massive loss and whilst I don't actually think there is such thing as signing a 'guaranteed 20 goals a season striker', I can share some of the frustration here with signing someone who has a pretty uninspiring goal tally.

That said, Robins has shown time and time again that he should be trusted with the job. He's signed some very good players and got the best out of others we thought had little hope. For that reason you have to back him on his choices here and support the guy. I'm hopeful he can offer us something positive and prove the concerned wrong, and make the Walsall fans wonder why he never really got going for them.

Rather than having 20+ goals from one player, if we can have 2 or 3 chipping in with 10 or 15 then we won't be doing to badly at all. I'm looking forward to the reaction on Saturday against Wimbledon.

covmark

Yeah, it's actual genuine hostility at an away game in front of a big crowd.
I think most players quite enjoy the hostility they get at away grounds. If a certain player is targeted, its usually because they are the biggest threat. Which is in a way a compliment.
Whereas getting abuse from your own fans must be soul destroying.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I hope he scores and then celebrates to the CCFC fans giving them the shhh and cupping his ear and watch the same ones who abused him get even more worked up and angry to the point their voice goes funny or they are so angry they can't get their words out.

Otis

I don't know what happened at Walsall, but clearly many of their fans have an issue with this player, not just for his goals but his attitude too.

As a result of this I don't think it is right to criticise anyone who is concerned about his arrival. Losing McNulty was a massive loss and whilst I don't actually think there is such thing as signing a 'guaranteed 20 goals a season striker', I can share some of the frustration here with signing someone who has a pretty uninspiring goal tally.

That said, Robins has shown time and time again that he should be trusted with the job. He's signed some very good players and got the best out of others we thought had little hope. For that reason you have to back him on his choices here and support the guy. I'm hopeful he can offer us something positive and prove the concerned wrong, and make the Walsall fans wonder why he never really got going for them.

Rather than having 20+ goals from one player, if we can have 2 or 3 chipping in with 10 or 15 then we won't be doing to badly at all. I'm looking forward to the reaction on Saturday against Wimbledon.
Concerned? Course not. The problem lies with those who have already conceretely come out and said he IS crap. Not concern, not underwhelment, not puzzlement, but a finalised conclusion without even seeing him play.

Find to be concerned or unsure, but to totally dismiss him before he has kicked a ball for us is a different matter entirely.

fernandopartridge

Are you sure it's not the simplistic 'he doesn't run around like a headless chicken ergo he's lazy' assumption that football fans have? The same one that a lot of Cov fans put on Stern John?

shmmeee

"Lazy" strikers: Stern John, Jay Bothroyd, Leon Best, Bakayoko

Spot the common thread :p

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Concerned? Course not. The problem lies with those who have already conceretely come out and said he IS crap. Not concern, not underwhelment, not puzzlement, but a finalised conclusion without even seeing him play.

Find to be concerned or unsure, but to totally dismiss him before he has kicked a ball for us is a different matter entirely.
Are you sure it's not the simplistic 'he doesn't run around like a headless chicken ergo he's lazy' assumption that football fans have? The same one that a lot of Cov fans put on Stern John?

I don't know what some others are saying, I'm merely pointing to the 9 goals in 80/90 appearances and the questionable attitude the Walsall fans have told us about. I'm not sure that's something to be ecstatic about.

As I said, give him a chance. If others are writing him off I can see why, but you can't really be sure of anything until he has been given a fair crack of the whip here so it's a bit silly to get on his case. He should be supported to get the best out of him. If he is getting abuse (if that is what people are genuinely doing) then there is no need for that at all and it won't help anything.

Otis

I don't know what some others are saying, I'm merely pointing to the 9 goals in 80/90 appearances and the questionable attitude the Walsall fans have told us about. I'm not sure that's something to be ecstatic about.

As I said, give him a chance. If others are writing him off I can see why, but you can't really be sure of anything until he has been given a fair crack of the whip here so it's a bit silly to get on his case. He should be supported to get the best out of him. If he is getting abuse (if that is what people are genuinely doing) then there is no need for that at all and won't help anything.
Exactly.

Someone on Twitter said 'They don't want that c**t here' and others have said he IS crap.

We have to at least give him a chance to prove himself for us.

lifeskyblue

As I said before I really don’t think this lad is the answer. Smacks of desperation as I just don’t see him being different/better than what we have. But you never know Robins might work a miracle. However every time he pulls on the sky blue shirt he will have my full support.

Otis

As I said before I really don’t think this lad is the answer. Smacks of desperation as I just don’t see him being different/better than what we have. But you never know Robins might work a miracle. However every time he pulls on the sky blue shirt he will have my full support.

But what you said before was that neither JCH or Bakayoko were up to the mark. That's a bit different from saying you don't think someone is the answer. It's a lot more definite and conslusive saying a player is not up to the mark. No room for doubt there.

It is the 'he ISN'T' good enough posts that I and many others have a problem with. It's a conclusion formed before he has even pulled on the shirt.

Ashdown

I hope he scores and then celebrates to the CCFC fans giving them the shhh and cupping his ear and watch the same ones who abused him get even more worked up and angry to the point their voice goes funny or they are so angry they can't get their words out.
Surely no one pays to go all the way to SW London to abuse our own players do they ?!

Users who are viewing this thread