Andy Morrell (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

His Wrexham team lost 2-0 in Conference final today

16k turned up at wembley

If we EVER got to Wembley again, 16k wouldnt even scratch the surface....

Nonleagueherewecome

Shame they didn't go up, but Newport is a great story, too. Another Phoenix club makes it back!

stupot07

I have no problem with play off finals being at Wembley, but the FA cup semi's shouldn't not be played at Wembley.

Baginton

im glad wrexham didnt go up

the final league game they rested 8 first teamers secure in the knowledge they were safe in the play offs
meaning mansfield won the league playing a weekend team, Kiddieminster finished second as a result, THEN...

They had a player red carded in that game, meaning he'd miss the play offs, however they went to the WELSH FA, who overturned the three match ban!! how does that work??

K-A-R-M-A is a bitch :whistle:

Grendel

andy_scates

Why should anyone deprive them of a huge day out? They're in a FINAL to make it to the football league, that is an enormous achievement when you look how many thousands of clubs there are in non league, quite right that it's at Wembley, major honour deserves a major venue, I'm sure a fair few of you would go to Wembley if it was Nuneaton!

CCFCWALL

My dads a newport fan and I go with him when I can. I went to wembley yesterday and yeah there was only 16k there but there was only a week between the semis and the final its self. Nonetheless it was a bloody brilliant day out. We could end up playing newport in the jpt next year when only 5k turn up to watch. So don't slag non league teams off when only 5k turned up for burton this year

Playing at Wembley is the ultimate target for any footballer and to say it should not be used for non league teams as they won't fill it is pure snobbery. They probably took more fans than Crewe took to the JPT final, so fair play to them.

Users who are viewing this thread