Angel di Maria- walking skeleton ? (1 Viewer)

Saw a picture today in the press of Angel di Maria looking extremely "thin" - more like emaciated to me.

He appears to be seriously underweight with very little muscle density coupled with almost skeletal features.

It doesn't appear to affect his game outwardly too much but surely lack of muscularity must have some detrimental affect on say his pace or stamina during a game.

Greggs

What a load of tosh. Has played for Benfica, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Argentina regularly and earns 200k a week. Yeah he might be thin but his fitness/workrate is superb. Not everyone needs to be a musleman.

Greggs

That Lionel Messi is a bit small aint he? :jerkit:

pusbccfc

He's a bloody good player, though.

duffer

Looks like an athlete to me. Given the distances that footballers have to run and the fact that the game has got less physical, at least at the top end, I can't see why for most players carrying less weight around would be anything other than advantageous. I doubt he's a weakling.

Skinny players can be pretty rapid too - remember Kevin Gallacher?

Warwickhunt

What a load of tosh. Has played for Benfica, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Argentina regularly and earns 200k a week. Yeah he might be thin but his fitness/workrate is superb. Not everyone needs to be a musleman.
The ethiopians are thin as fuck and they can run all day in the Marathons

I agree but he defies the current ethos on "physicality" (SP himself said this) - look what happened when our two outhouses returned !!!

stupot07

Looks like an athlete to me. Given the distances that footballers have to run and the fact that the game has got less physical, at least at the top end, I can't see why for most players carrying less weight around would be anything other than advantageous. I doubt he's a weakling.

Skinny players can be pretty rapid too - remember Kevin Gallacher?

Agreed, just like Professional cyclists. Lowe body fat ratio's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

CCFC88

Gazza was hardly an athelete but arguably one of the most talented players the country has produced. You have players in the mould of Milner and Parker to do all the leg work, luxury players win you games at the highest level.

Its very rare the two mix, the closest in this day and age, ronaldo?

Evo1883

I would imagine that its just the way he is , he is very talented so im not sure it effects his game in any way whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread