Ann Lucas Comments (1 Viewer)

ccfcmustang

I am composing an email to send to Ann lucas regarding this whole thing. I wanted to start by just saying back to her some of the comments made by her during our exile to Northampton. I know there are hundreds but off the top of my head i only have " a club shouldnt be ripped apart from its community". Just going to prove she only has £££££££ signs in her eyes rather than acting in the best interests of her constituents. Is there any other statements etc anyone think i should include?

Last edited:

matesx

what a hypocritical bitch the woman is

be careful what you type in the public domain

skyblue1991

'The best interests of Coventry City at heart'

Mention the hypocrisy of suing NTFC but allowing a team from 100 miles away become pretty much owners.

Ashdown

People in Cov need to stop whinging and vote the likes of Lucas and Robinson off the political spectrum. It will grieve me once again when I see the City turn red again next May !

Hobo

Just googled Ann Lucas quotes and got an advert for replacement boiler grants...how ironic

SkyBlueSid

She was simply playing safe, politically. I still think they cannot be blamed for taking the only offer on the table when Fisher &Co have said they have no intention of staying once their Fantasy Arena is built. She may claim to be a city fan but first and foremost these people are politicians.

I would be more concerned that she keeps using the term 'rugger'. Ask her what that's all about.

lordsummerisle

She was simply playing safe, politically. I still think they cannot be blamed for taking the only offer on the table when Fisher &Co have said they have no intention of staying once their Fantasy Arena is built. She may claim to be a city fan but first and foremost these people are politicians.

Why should they have to take any offer for such a successful, World Class Stadium?

If they did have to sell it, then surely, I know MMM likes this word, their fiduciary responsibilty should be to put it out to tender and accept the highest offer?

Ashdown

Why should they have to take any offer for such a successful, World Class Stadium?

If they did have to sell it, then surely, I know MMM likes this word, their fiduciary responsibilty should be to put it out to tender and accept the highest offer?

I agree with what you are getting at and it's appalling and could be due another legal viewing........................but all that said the hedge fund pissed on their chips when they started with legal action originally and now I hear they have mentioned legal action against individuals which infers Lucas herself I suspect so I'm sure she was happy to spit in Sepallas eye when push came to shove.

lordsummerisle

I agree with what you are getting at and it's appalling and could be due another legal viewing........................but all that said the hedge fund pissed on their chips when they started with legal action originally and now I hear they have mentioned legal action against individuals which infers Lucas herself I suspect so I'm sure she was happy to spit in Sepallas eye when push came to shove.

That's true enough, but personal, no matter how difficult it may be, shouldn't be allowed to affect elected representatives decisions regarding important "Community Assets".

Personal on both sides has got in the way of business unfortunately.

Rusty Trombone

That's true enough, but personal, no matter how difficult it may be, shouldn't be allowed to affect elected representatives decisions regarding important "Community Assets".

Personal on both sides has got in the way of business unfortunately.

You really don't get the asset bit do you.

Evo1883

Yes the council have kept the freehold.
Lucas only ever said that an unencumbered freehold was not for sale. Which is what Sisu wanted !
Some will ignore facts though !
but in reality it is legally being ran by another company whilst reaping all its benefits for 250 years , they may aswell own it

Rusty Trombone

but in reality it is legally being ran by another company whilst reaping all its benefits for 250 years , they may aswell own it

Well there are differences between freehold and leasehold, and these differences were enough for SISU not to be interested in buying into ACL before. Once the term of the leasehold goes beyond the life of the building they may as well quote any number of years.

lordsummerisle

You really don't get the asset bit do you.

Nor does thie community from the looks of things.

Again, what use is the Arena to the community without any sort of control of the operating company?

Nobody would buy it if somebody has a 250 year lease on it, so basically the bricks and mortar are worthless.

Grendel

Yes the council have kept the freehold.
Lucas only ever said that an unencumbered freehold was not for sale. Which is what Sisu wanted !
Some will ignore facts though !

And some people believe any old bullshit thrown out by a two bit politician.

Evo1883

Well there are differences between freehold and leasehold, and these differences were enough for SISU not to be interested in buying into ACL before. Once the term of the leasehold goes beyond the life of the building they may as well quote any number of years.
literally the only thing they cannot do is sell the stadium , they have all the benefits that will come from it , paint it in specifics and make it look better than it is , thats fine , but wasps and the consortium involved are in control , and will be long after me you , our children and their childrens children will be gone .
they have a deal that the football club or any football club would be proud of and happy with

Rusty Trombone

Nor does thie community from the looks of things.

Again, what use is the Arena to the community without any sort of control of the operating company?

Nobody would buy it if somebody has a 250 year lease on it, so basically the bricks and mortar are worthless.

You'll have to direct detailed questions to the clubs owners as they are the ones seeing a big issue in not obtaining the freehold. They see a major difference between freehold and leasehold. It's not just the building it's also the land, the asset is protected by not selling the freehold.

Last edited:

martcov

Yes, as, but they can't mortgage the freehold or rip it down for another project. There will be safeguards written into the lease to cover the future use of the facilities. Which is why CCC don't do freeholds.

Rusty Trombone

literally the only thing they cannot do is sell the stadium , they have all the benefits that will come from it , paint it in specifics and make it look better than it is , thats fine , but wasps and the consortium involved are in control , and will be long after me you , our children and their childrens children will be gone .
they have a deal that the football club or any football club would be proud of and happy with

It is a good deal, and the club should have tried to be a part of it. I disagree that the only difference between freehold and leasehold is the inability to sell the stadium.

martcov

Which begs the question... How come SISU didn't see it like that? Freehold or nothing, was Joy's stance.

Hobo

Except SISU...l"the only thing they can't do is sell it"...which suggests SISU wanted a different deal so they could sell it.

dadgad

Why don't you tell Lucas how to do her job.
While youre at it write to every single politico who is involved in decisions you disagree with.
Should keep you off the streets.

SkyBlueRuffian

I am composing an email to send to Ann lucas regarding this whole thing. I wanted to start by just saying back to her some of the comments made by her during our exile to Northampton. I know there are hundreds but off the top of my head i only have " a club shouldnt be ripped apart from its community". Just going to prove she only has £££££££ signs in her eyes rather than acting in the best interests of her constituents. Is there any other statements etc anyone think i should include?

London Wasps haven't played in London for 12 years.

Users who are viewing this thread