Coventry La La La

Apr 6, 2010
Coventry
Ann Lucas - “I’ll definitely get my season ticket now!

City supporting Councillor on King's departure

Coventry City Councillor and life long Coventry City supporter Ann Lucas who stayed away from the Ricoh Arena despite holding a season ticket (which ironically saw her counted as attending every home,thanks to City producing their attendance figures on the number of tickets sold rather than those actually in the stadium), as a protest about the signing of Marlon King, has said she is looking forward to getting a season ticket and going to City matches.

Speaking to the CT, Councillor Lucas said following King's departure to Birmingham City yesterday :

“I’ll definitely get my season ticket now. “It couldn’t have happened to a nicer team either, I wish them all the luck in the world.

“The bottom line is I never deviated or altered my view. "Once he is gone I will go back, it’s that simple. “I want to know he’s gone though - I want to see the smoke coming off his tyres as he disappears into the sunset.

“Apparently Birmingham think he’ll get them back into the premiership, “I think I just saw a pig fly past my window.

“I didn’t want to go boo my own team. "Now I can’t wait for him to come back so I can boo him."

Councillor Lucas was one of a number of City supporters who stayed away from City matches last season after the striker was signed by City after being released from prison after serving a sentence for punching a female in the face and breaking her nose.

Exactly, how many City supporters stayed away is not 100% certain as other factors such as the standard of football, lack of success etc has to be taken into account but estimates put the figures in the couple of thousand range.

Covsupport News Service hopes that all who have stayed away for whatever reason and all those who have the money, time and travelling ability to do so, put the past behind them and get behind the team on the pitch so they can make a real go of trying to bring a bit of success to the club that we so deserve.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n...ng_forward_to_ricoh_return_680981/index.shtml

im-confused

Aug 9, 2008
Everywhere
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call her a real fan. I would still go and watch city if we signed hitler as long as he did well for the team.

RansonRarrr

Apr 2, 2011
Hasn't she got work to do for her constituents instead of talking about Marlon king?? I find her so annoying people like her make me want to vote conservative

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010
What sort of fan celebrates there own club losing one of there best players?
You don't support the player, you support the team

CovClaire

Mar 14, 2011
Coventry
I've never condoned what Marlon did, but would never give my ticket up because I support the whole team & whatever one player has done before joining is of no consequence to me as long as it doesn't have a detrimental effect on my team.

Ann Lucas is entitled to her opinion of course, and some of us might not agree with it. What does get my goat is the fact that just because she's a local councillor both the acts of giving up her season ticket & her return warrant articles and quotes in the CET. As previous posts have said, its all pathetic.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Mar 27, 2010
Coventry
Very eloquently put - posts like this are a credit to the forum. I presume the same goes for everyone who has a different opinion to yours?

"What sort of fan celebrates there own club losing one of there best players?
You don't support the player, you support the team"

I think this posts sums it up really she can go fuck herself if she thinks taking the moral high ground when it comes to footballers playing for your team is the way forward, one things for certain if John Terry, Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney signed for us tomorrow she'd be up there like a flash. :jerkit:

Disorganised1

Sep 17, 2009
Coundon

I think this posts sums it up really she can go fuck herself if she thinks taking the moral high ground when it comes to footballers playing for your team is the way forward, one things for certain if John Terry, Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney signed for us tomorrow she'd be up there like a flash. :jerkit:

Yeah ~ she'd surely get a chance with one of them !

TheRoyalScam

Mar 23, 2011
Coventry

A lot better than 'Except for hers is fucking nonsense.' It's amazing what reasoned argument can do on forums, as well as using someone else's [CCFC's] post!;)

As for Terry, Giggs and Rooney - well I don't think they're quite in Marlon's league yet: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/6461686/Footballer-Marlon-King-jailed-for-groping-woman-and-breaking-her-nose.html and for a condensed history [at the bottom]: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1298883/Marlon-King-released-jail-serving-half-sentence.html.

Looks like the CT's article on Ann Lucas has got a lot of people's backs up - yet although you think her opinion's 'fucking nonsense' that's all it is - one person's opinion. Although you'd like her to 'go fuck herself' she will be back at the Ricoh next season - or perhaps you'd like to ban her because she's got a different point of view to you.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Mar 27, 2010
Coventry
ann lucas= part time fan! hope we sign someone else she dont approve of just to keep her away longer

Agreed :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Sep 7, 2008
Flammablepiss
Don't care she's a prick! You come to support your team not just Marlon. Silly old bint! Through thick and thin.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Mar 27, 2010
Coventry
Don't care she's a prick! You come to support your team not just Marlon. Silly old bint! Through thick and thin.

Don't say that the forum squad will be after you for not accepting her opinion and my god you swore how dare you! :laugh:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Apr 16, 2010
Coventry
She is entitled to her opinion. I agree with her assessment of MK always have, but I can't agree with her method of protest. Above all I support the team not an individual however good or bad in character and thats my choice. Did i show support for MK's goals no and that was my protest.

She and some others chose to stay away, their choice and i respect that. I dont think in reality there were that many who made that choice. To credit the low crowds with several thousand missing because of it really doesnt stack up for me, had far more to do with economics and the god awful football we played for most of the season.

The thing i find uncomfortable about Mrs Lucas is that she has raised her profile in the City on the back of it. She will have "profited" politically on the back of it. Did we need to know she wasnt going to attend matches with MK here - no. Did her personal decision need to be splashed all over the CT and repeated on the radio - no. Make your protest yes but in this she is but a supporter and a previously pretty anonymous councillor who now seems to be self set up as the arbiter of CCFC morals

And just for the record I never wanted MK here and was very clear on my reasoning as plenty from 606 can testify. I can appreciate the skills he has but the guy is morally deficient and never had my support - the team did

Think she should shut up frankly

GaryPendrysEyes

Mar 20, 2011
Ann Lucas has taken a completely consistent and ethical stand- completely inline with CCFC being a family club. That is to be applauded. The amount of abuse she has got for that position is a disgrace.

No doubt those moaning are the ones that will go from clapping King like demented seals to booing him for his low life betrayal and lying. Hypocrites.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Apr 16, 2010
Coventry
please define "family club"

because what i see is a business run by a board who do not own a share in it on behalf of owners based in London. We the supporters are a valuable resource to the company and they encourage that support as best they can in order to maximise their take from it. The club make decisions which are based on economics a desire for success and ultimately a return for its owners. No sense of family

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
Boycotting because of how the club acted over king is no better or worse a boycott then boycotting because of the way thr club acted over scl. Everyone has their tipping point.

Flying Fokker

Mar 24, 2011

because what i see is a business run by a board who do not own a share in it on behalf of owners based in London. We the supporters are a valuable resource to the company and they encourage that support as best they can in order to maximise their take from it. The club make decisions which are based on economics a desire for success and ultimately a return for its owners. No sense of family

I think the reference to family club could be used in terms of the way the game has changed in the last 20 years. Coventry is a good example of this in that we have a diverse range of supporters which is inclusive. I think this is not a result of any particular strategy from the club though.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011

You could say that about the pretty much all football clubs.

rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
Who is bothered by her personal stance over our signing of Marlon King that was ages ago. I am more concerned by how she follows John Mutton and his handling of this issue with sisu. We all know Muttons attitude and despite some stick on various websites has been consistant on remember what is an all party stance. I think she will be just as resolute and having a different person at the helm speaking might give the doubters and knockers something to think about.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
I dont know. Women, eh? i wonder if she likes photography. Nudge, nudge wink, wink. Bet she does.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Apr 16, 2010
Coventry
It will be interesting to see how as leader of the Council she deals with CCFC. What demands she has of the club and how much she is prepared to back compromise.

I might not agree with the report of her stance two years ago but I wish her luck in any attempts she makes at resolving the situation that will leave us with our Club in the City

Users who are viewing this thread