Another.... Hypothetical BPA scenario (1 Viewer)

CCFC88

IF, legal action was dropped, plans were published and diggers were on site at BPA to build a 25k seat stadium for CCFC and CRFC but we had to move out of the city once again, for arguments sake N'hampton, would people back this move or would it be viewed in the same light as the previous move?

The Penguin

I wouldn't be happy with it, but I could live with it because there would be light at the end of the tunnel.

I'd wanna see more than diggers though, I'd want to see actual structural features built first before I'd believe that it's gonna happen ;)

Skyblueweeman

I know it's a hypothetical scenario but yeah, agree with Penguin on this. If it was a temp move whilst a new stadium is built, I could live with that. Spurs are going to Wembley next year for a year, I'm sure others have done it.

The Ricoh would be the obvious choice whilst somewhere new was being built but I suspect Wasps would up the rent for those 3 years.

RegTheDonk

IF that was actually happening as 88 describes, I'd have no issue with following the club outside of Cov for a season or two. I doubt it would happen though, I can't see SISU or CCC budging from their entrenched position. Too much money and losing face at stake. Glad to be proved wrong though.

dongonzalos

IF, legal action was dropped, plans were published and diggers were on site at BPA to build a 25k seat stadium for CCFC and CRFC but we had to move out of the city once again, for arguments sake N'hampton, would people back this move or would it be viewed in the same light as the previous move?

Surely then Wasps and the club would agree a three deal that made them some money and was more cost effective for us than Northampton.

Captain Dart

It will not happen.

smouch1975

I'd wanna see more than diggers

a16c60e896f98cb451d10be832e13d47.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Can I suggest those with no issues regarding moving out the city again, fuck off and support a team from outside the city.

Sky Blue Kid

Can I suggest those with no issues regarding moving out the city again, fuck off and support a team from outside the city.

Any move would have to have a watertight case of 3 years away maximum, and bringing the Club back to a stadium in Coventry with a minimum 25k capacity.

Kingokings204

Yes I wouldn't be happy but sure if the building was happening and it was going ahead yes of course I would support a groundshare for a while.

Ricoh would be ideal but guess it would be pricey. Just hypothetical though

Astute

Another year or so of hardship to get a ground that we could call our own and be able to get rid of SISU?

I could accept that. But if the ground would still belong to CRFC? Forget it.

RegTheDonk

If you take the OPs intended question Rupert, he's basically saying would people put up with a temp move outside the city if it meant having a proper (although in partnership) home holding 25K. IMHO this is the best we can hope for with the current owners: we have no chance of ever getting a slice of the Ricoh and no prospect of anything else being developed within the city. However unlikely, its either this or a never ending spiral of court cases and no on-field investment.

Users who are viewing this thread