Another poor official decision (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Martin Atkinson just awarded Chelsea a 'goal' that never crossed the line. How many more poor decision will it take before goal line technology is brought in? This one was a diabolical decision! Never any doubt that it didn't cross the line!

I think Atkinson deserves to be demoted after this decision and the Ballotelli incident.

ccfcway

Tottenham would be better off with it 2-0 and they have a pen with chelsea down to 10 rather than the goal

Something just isn't quite right is it

Sutty

Tottenham would be better off with it 2-0 and they have a pen with chelsea down to 10 rather than the goal

Something just isn't quite right is it

That's Bale's choice to make though. If he wants the penalty then don't stick it in the net.

As soon as ref's start deciding what a team would rather have then it's a dangerous situation.

cornoccfc

Dreadful decision from the ref- they're supposed to be 100% sure to give goals like that.

The rule about either red card or goal is daft (RE: Cech incident). The goal should stand and he should be off.

Sutty

Dreadful decision from the ref- they're supposed to be 100% sure to give goals like that.

The rule about either red card or goal is daft (RE: Cech incident). The goal should stand and he should be off.

It's a red card if he prevents a 'clear goalscoring opportunity'.

They scored! He didn't prevent one.

stupot07

to be honest i would rather have the goal than get the opposition player sent off and miss the penalty

stupot07

And what about that Mikel kick? He booked him so obviously seen it, but isn't that violent conduct?

Overall, a very poor game for Atkinson

It was identical to the Beckham red card v Argentina, perhaps Parker should have done an 'Ashley Young' rather than try and kill him!!:facepalm:

scroobiustom

A truly awful game for Martin Atkinson,

Not often I would criticise a ref's performance but he had a bad game - fair to say everyone has an off day from time to time though.

rob9872

PhotoShop?

The ITV coverage only showed replays from the side the assistant referee was on (i.e. the blind side), which although far from conclusive definitely seemed to favour it not being a goal. After the game the ITV technical genius' offered this gem which then showed it was nowhere near a goal.

article-2130270-129C9967000005DC-555_634x359.jpg

But todays tabloids give a different view, which show more the way the referee saw it, and prove pretty inconclusive.

article-1337958-129C99C7000005DC-54_302x322.jpg

If this proposed goal line technology is similar to the ITV reconstruction then it won't help in the slightest!!

Users who are viewing this thread