Anxiety/Panic Attacks (1 Viewer)

Robccfc87

My missus suffered for years, not nice, tried all the medication going but the only thing that worked in the end was CBT ( cognital behaviour therapy) it changed her completely and now she is back to her old self (nagging, complaining, bitching, know it all!) so I couldn't be happier!

SkyBlueScottie

It does in the end come down to the person who needs to deal with whatever issues they may have. Medication can help lots but the underlying symptoms need to be resolved. Which is difficult in itself as the mind will tell itself there is no real issue and merely avoid stressful situations. Something which CBT / counselling may invoke.

SallyCinnamon

I had them years ago, around the same time as the 9/11 attacks. Mine started after a friend had a go at me. Would wake up in the middle of the night roasting hot, unable to breathe, with blue lips. Once I could muster up enough breath I'd lie on my bedroom floor to cool down and would end up shivering as I was so cold. Within 20 minutes or so it would be like it never happened. I had to go for physiotherapy in the end. Apparently I don't breathe correctly, breathe from the chest rather than the stomach, which apparently doesn't help. The physio sorted it and I've been fine ever since. If you know of any incident that may have triggered them you need to re-visit any issues from it and deal with them. Best of luck!!

I'm 21 mate, Devloped them at 20, I'm paranoid im going to have a heart attack. Thats my trigger. I was fine for 20 years then i just got them out of nowhere.

SkyBlueM

A friend of mine suddenly developed them - we were heading off for a night out just about to get in the taxi and she went off, had to go back into the house and she started to feel better after a while. She had them for around 18 months but seemed to get over them eventually, she did have some medication to help but it didn't seem to stop them occuring, fortunately she seems to be fine now. No apparent reason for them starting and then stopping as far as we could tell.

Users who are viewing this thread