Anybody else still going to defend Pressley? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

For me we just need a change of manager asap as we need a new way of thinking but I would have taken a draw at the start of the day and surprised we have scored two goals.

NorthernWisdom

I'll defend him in that the club is rotten;

I'll defend him in that let's be honest, a fair number of us expected we'd go down *last* season, so it's just the chaos catching up with us at last;

I'll defend him that he's just the latest in a succession of managers who've overseen us showing the only way is down. Once is unlucky, twice maybe... but after a while it suggests the problem isn't necessarily the manager.

Not to say he or we are doing well(!) His choice of signings is strange, his baffling decision to change a style that worked is odd, his ability to fall out with players (especially flair players) is worrying. And beyond the simple fact of hundreds of signings, the fact he seemed to sign a bunch to play a certain system, then decided to play something entirely different is... just plain weird!

But, much as it would be easy to hide behind player mistakes when who, after all, brought in the players... it'd be too easy to suggest all becomes well just because we change the manager.

LJC_CCFC

The fact that both Finch and Thomas were on the pitch when the United goals went in tells you all you need to know about Pressley's managerial capabilities.

Even when is the game is given to us on a silver platter we can't win, surely this is a HUGE sign that the man has to go.

James Smith

Is it starting to become more clear yet just what is going to happen if he stays?

Have we heard from RFC yet? He is usually positive about Elvis. I assume/hope that the club had the brains to include a performance clause in his four year contract. Also that we don't have to be relegated for it to be activated :facepalm:

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

letsallsingtogether

Long live Elvis my he Reign Long:)

All will be good keep the faith.

ccfcway

Not the manager, it's the players!

We need to stick together, believe and get behind the manager & the team.

A huge turn-out required for MK Dons. PUSB

"We need to stick together" yet you critise the players ?

letsallsingtogether

Are you channeling RFC or something?

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

Hell no there is only one RFC!!
Then again there were only 1 Elvis's But he died in 1977

Then There th great pretender who was christened Declan no wonder he changed his name......

As for Joy she should change her name as she certainly hasn't given us any?
Maybe she is a one of the weird sisters?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Left when they are 6 places above us as they've 'only' won 1 in 5 yet we shouldn't question Pressley.

Yeovil, Crawley, Colchester, Barnsley, Gillingham and Leyton Orient have all also changed there manager. Seems to be only us who think abject failure is acceptable

dongonzalos

Strange thing to say but if we don't have owners who aspiration is for the top divisions. What difference does it make anyway.
Sitting lower mid table in division 3 hoping an academy player will come through and be sold to fund the books.
Or sitting in division 4.

The owners in my opinion have a thirst for breaking even. ( commendable but in football it does not go hand in hand with promotion)
Winning a court case
Obtaining ACL.

Promotion is spoken about but is not a priority.

Relegation will reduce wages = less crowds = more pressure on ACL.

I am not saying they want relegation it's just called risk management. Relegation would be more devastating to you and I than the owners IMO

Steve.B50

Who on earth would want to manage this club?
SP may not be the manager we thought but he is being led and pushed by our owners.
Nothing will change regardless of who is in the front seat as back seat drivers are running the club.

skybluetony176

I think all the owners need is for the club to stop in the football league while they're pursuing court action, it doesn't matter to them which division it's in otherwise SP would have gone weeks ago.

Nick

Administrator
Who on earth would want to manage this club?
SP may not be the manager we thought but he is being led and pushed by our owners.
Nothing will change regardless of who is in the front seat as back seat drivers are running the club.
Weren't people saying who would come here when thorn was in charge?

dongonzalos

Weren't people saying who would come here when thorn was in charge?

Managers will come but its the DNA the club keeps talking about changing.

Their philosophy is right the DNA does need changing it negative it's a losing mentality.

It is brought about from the top trying to achieve success on the cheap. Trying to always get more for less.

The focus on court cases, getting ownership of ACL and breaking even.

That's our DNA, you can say it is SISU suing the council not CCFC. They attempted the divide the two. It hasn't worked.

Most believe that under this current ownership no matter who comes in we are destined for mid to low third or fourth division.

With a different manager maybe it will be mid division three. With this manager maybe it will be mid division 4.

It's shite either way.

ajsccfc

I don't see his job being dictated to that extreme a level, there'd be no reason for him to stick around if it was. I doubt he's on a huge contract, and his old CV with glowing praise from Ferguson must still be good to get work elsewhwere.

Sick Boy

I agree, but how much does our manager manage or pick the players?
We just don't know.

Hahahaha!! Are you trying to suggest that SP doesn't actually do a lot and the team is managed by Waggot and Fisher?

I'm sure you were saying the exact same thing last season as well when we weren't doing so badly.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree, but how much does our manager manage or pick the players?
We just don't know.

If that was the case why don't they just save wages and have no manager? I know you want to blame Pressleys faults on Fisher and Waggot but the truth is just that he's a crap manager.

ccfcway

SP Letter to Falkirk fans in 2010

Sounds familiar...

[h=3]Our main objective this season has to be ensuring our return to the SPL and to do that we need to create an environment which breeds a "winning" mentality.From the beginning of preseason training through the recruitment of new players, a winning attitude has been a prerequisite. Even in training we continuously update our database of who is on the winning side.[/h]
Although we lost a number of first team players at the end of last season we have worked extremely hard on the recruitment of players which will suit our philosophy on how the team will function and the mentality we want to bring to this club. The additions we have made are additions we would have made in the SPL, these are certainly not players limited to first division football. They can and will improve with this club and help us drive towards our aims; the new recruits as well as the rest of the squad want to be playing at a higher level and they want to do that with Falkirk FC.

I am instilling a winning approach to everything connected to the playing side and we will be adopting a style of play which we hope leads to us winning enough games to be successful. We were offered numerous good players throughout the summer but we only need players here who fit that winning approach and style, I want the players to go onto the pitch with the confidence that they can win, almost a degree of arrogance knowing that if they perform as they can then they will win.

We are creating an environment where the players can express themselves and have the freedom to play, we all saw how some of the best in the world didn't deliver at the World Cup when they were strangled by either tactics, pressure or the fear of losing, we can't have those barriers at this football club.

We have some excellent young players at the club, and hopefully as they develop they will form a solid basis for the future of the club and they will then push themselves towards international recognition. I would be delighted if Falkirk FC produced players capable of representing their country.

Steven Pressley Manager

ArchieLittle

Perhaps I can clarify for Mr. Pressley.
The team get 3 points for scoring more goals than the opponents, 1 point for scoring the same number of goals and 0 points for scoring less.
You also get 0 points for trying hard, leaving nothing on the pitch, for having more possession, having the right attitude and being a great group of players.
Damn, nearly forgot 0 points for being tremendous

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread