Anyone else had this cold, headaches chest infection thing (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Was feeling rough all last week , been bad all weekend Started antibiotics Monday still feel crap and just to had to the fun had 3 bouts of diarrhoea , suppose thats natures way of getting the infection out

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've had about 4 or 5 turns of bronchitis type thing over 18 months or so. It's like my chest is talking when I breathe in or out.

Doctor said he didn't want to give me anti-biotics as I'll build up a tolerance. Bit concerning though. Got it at the moment.

Covkid1968#

Since Boxing Day… pissing me off!!

LastGarrison

Had the Rona over Christmas and New Year and then had about a week at the start of the New Year when I was alright and then been ill again.

This time it's been in my throat and nose and then dropped to my chest and sounded like I was rattling but think just coming out of it now.

Seems like every fucker has either had it or got it!!

wingy

Had the Rona over Christmas and New Year and then had about a week at the start of the New Year when I was alright and then been ill again.

This time it's been in my throat and nose and then dropped to my chest and sounded like I was rattling but think just coming out of it now.

Seems like every fucker has either had it or got it!!
Had a couple of low grade throat infections but nothing of note, but I don't get around as much as most of you!

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Been getting a really sore throat every few weeks for the last few months, which then develops into an annoying cold/cough for a few days with a load of phlegm on my chest. Also had a mild bout of covid just before xmas in between.

Didn't get coughs or colds for years but had loads in the last six months.

Sick Boy

Been getting a really sore throat every few weeks for the last few months, which then develops into an annoying cold/cough for a few days with a load of phlegm on my chest. Also had a mild bout of covid just before xmas in between.

Didn't get coughs or colds for years but had loads in the last six months.
Same here. I never used to get ill but after catching Covid at the end of 2022 I’m ill every couple of months.

Terry_dactyl

Was feeling rough all last week , been bad all weekend Started antibiotics Monday still feel crap and just to had to the fun had 3 bouts of diarrhoea , suppose thats natures way of getting the infection out
These are more or less my symptoms. Occasional dizziness too.
I’ve been off work all week with it. Assumed it would just go away after a couple of days but it’s lingering.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I don’t like being off sick but due to the nature of my job ( I work with children with life limiting health conditions ) we are always told of your not well don’t come in as your putting the kids at risk . Still transfer deadline and a few episodes of peep show will help the time pass

djr8369

I know a few people have had it. Not this bad but I do notice that since Covid I tend to get a bit of sinus trouble with colds which leads to headaches.

Terry_dactyl

I don’t like being off sick but due to the nature of my job ( I work with children with life limiting health conditions ) we are always told of your not well don’t come in as your putting the kids at risk . Still transfer deadline and a few episodes of peep show will help the time pass
I can only imagine how difficult that must be.
Deadline day and Peep Show sounds like a good distraction/remedy.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Me and 'er indoors have had coughs and cold symptoms for a week or more. Then we tested positive for bloody Covid!

SkyBlueSoul

Yeah it's shit. I've had a really sore throat that feels like there's a golf ball in there, it's a real struggle to swallow. Mild chesty cough, have to cough pretty deep to produce anything though.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yesterday was by far the worst ,banging headache , blocked nose, coughing up all sorts but bizarrely feel pretty good today

Terry_dactyl

Yesterday was by far the worst ,banging headache , blocked nose, coughing up all sorts but bizarrely feel pretty good today
Glad to hear you’re on the mend.
I was on a/l today anyway and had to drag myself out for my daughter’s 21st birthday.

I feel kinda in a daze but not as rough as yesterday either. Here’s hoping we’ve seen the worst of it.

In other news my voice is so croaky I think I’m now the manager of Everton.

Sbarcher

Where are you sick notes sitting on Tuesday night? Maybe group together in the hospital (ity).

Kneeza

I've managed to avoid everything so far.
Maybe that series of jabs I had last autumn for covid, flu, and shingles is paying off.
That said, I'm going to get it now, aren't I?😬

napolimp

My boss had the exact symptoms you described in your post for 2 weeks, ended up on antibiotics for a chest infection. Did you decide what it was in the end? He reckons it wasn't covid.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m guessing chest infection tested negative for covid

Blind-Faith

Few people at work have had it, whilst they did take time off during the worst of it, it feels like half the office are always coughing and spluttering all day long. Doesn’t help my c**t of a boss handing out warnings left right and centre for anyone who she doesn’t like who has time off, people feel like they have to come in.

chiefdave

Few people at work have had it, whilst they did take time off during the worst of it, it feels like half the office are always coughing and spluttering all day long. Doesn’t help my c**t of a boss handing out warnings left right and centre for anyone who she doesn’t like who has time off, people feel like they have to come in.
Exactly the same in my office. Job that can 100% be done from home, in fact in my experience productivity increases when people work from home, but there's an insistence everyone drags themselves into an cramped office to spread the germs around.

skybluetony176

Been struck down with something the last couple of days (not covid) and fuck me it’s painful. My snot is like acid, my nose throat and chest feel like they’re on fire. I’ve got muscle aches like I’ve never had before, it actually hurts to piss and I have a headache so bad paracetamol and aspirin don’t even touch it. Not sure if it’s connected or not but the start coincided with getting the trots. Everyone in the house has it too so whatever it is is very contagious, even when we’ve had covid in the house no more than 2 people had it at one time in a house of 4.

Last edited:

wingy

Been struck down with something the last couple of days (not covid) and fuck me it’s painful. My snot is like acid, my nose throat and chest feel like they’re on fire. I’ve got muscle aches like I’ve never had before, it actually hurts to piss and I have a headache so bad paracetamol and aspirin don’t even touch it. Not sure if it’s connected or not but the start coincided with getting the trots. Everyone in the house has it too so whatever it is is very contagious, even when we’ve had covid in the house no more than 2 people had it at one time in a house of 4.
Sounds rough.👍

LastGarrison

I’m in Spain so going to get myself some antibiotics over the counter.

Been over a month now and just can’t shift the fucker.

CCFCSteve

I wouldn’t guarantee it’s not covid. Not that it probably matters these days. A group of us caught up last weekend, one mate over from Ireland had this ‘bug’ (sickness, shivers etc), didn’t come out for long…but long enough ! Two of us starting feeling rough on Monday…initially with stomach issues, shivers, bit of fever. The other lad was sick twice on train to work. I’ve felt ropey all week, more head cold, fatigue, bit of fever as well as stomach issues and my hearts been unsettled ! The one who was sick twice tested positive for covid yesterday.

I’m still negative - only tested myself because of heart and was due to catch up with someone who I didn’t want to pass it onto. However I was reading up that because of varying levels of natural immunity the lateral flows aren’t picking up as many these days and think symptoms varying a bit

Loads of bugs around this time of year but just felt a bit of a coincidence that at least one’s tested positive 🤷‍♂️

Hope you feel better soon

Manchester_sky_blue

I started feeling unwell on the second of January, didn't think too much of it, we had spent New Years Eve with a big group of friends so figured I'd just picked up a cold. Did a COVID test to be on the safe side but that was negative. Kept working but a week later I was still feeling rough and getting worse so ended up at the GP. What I didn't realise was that was going to be just the start of many trips to the doctor.

So far I've been through 2, ten-day courses of antibiotics, 2 different inhalers and 2 courses of steroids, none of which has made much difference. Last week i went back to the GP for a 5th time as I was really struggling to catch my breath and he immediately pressed the panic button and sent me off to A&E to be tested for a possible blood clot on my lung.

9 hours, an X ray, a CT Scan and 2 blood tests later I was told i don't have a blood clot but I have basically coughed so hard for so long now that I've scarred my lung and all my insides are inflamed. Treatment with more steroids but it's going to take 8-12 weeks to sort itself out.

They don't know exactly whats caused it all but the best guess is that I initially had a viral flu or RSV, then developed a secondary bacterial infection which is why the doc saw symptoms of a chest infection.

5 weeks now and I can't honestly say I've improved a great deal. I can't sleep in bed as I just cough my guts up, any change of temperature triggers a coughing fit and I can only do a minimum of activity before fatigue kicks in. I'm bloody exhausted.

Terry_dactyl

I started feeling unwell on the second of January, didn't think too much of it, we had spent New Years Eve with a big group of friends so figured I'd just picked up a cold. Did a COVID test to be on the safe side but that was negative. Kept working but a week later I was still feeling rough and getting worse so ended up at the GP. What I didn't realise was that was going to be just the start of many trips to the doctor.

So far I've been through 2, ten-day courses of antibiotics, 2 different inhalers and 2 courses of steroids, none of which has made much difference. Last week i went back to the GP for a 5th time as I was really struggling to catch my breath and he immediately pressed the panic button and sent me off to A&E to be tested for a possible blood clot on my lung.

9 hours, an X ray, a CT Scan and 2 blood tests later I was told i don't have a blood clot but I have basically coughed so hard for so long now that I've scarred my lung and all my insides are inflamed. Treatment with more steroids but it's going to take 8-12 weeks to sort itself out.

They don't know exactly whats caused it all but the best guess is that I initially had a viral flu or RSV, then developed a secondary bacterial infection which is why the doc saw symptoms of a chest infection.

5 weeks now and I can't honestly say I've improved a great deal. I can't sleep in bed as I just cough my guts up, any change of temperature triggers a coughing fit and I can only do a minimum of activity before fatigue kicks in. I'm bloody exhausted.
Sorry to hear this. Sounds awful and familiar.

I’ve been off work for 3 weeks - very unlike me. Started with a general feeling of weakness/coldness that progressed to slight nausea/dizziness/general feeling that I’d taken a load of Valium, crackling when breathing, persistent dry cough.

Was sent to hospital start of last week and told just to rest up. Finally got through to GP in time yesterday. He’s given me a 5 day course of antibiotics - strong ones apparently. A viral infection has apparently lead to Pneumonia.

Manchester_sky_blue

Sorry to hear this. Sounds awful and familiar.

I’ve been off work for 3 weeks - very unlike me. Started with a general feeling of weakness/coldness that progressed to slight nausea/dizziness/general feeling that I’d taken a load of Valium, crackling when breathing, persistent dry cough.

Was sent to hospital start of last week and told just to rest up. Finally got through to GP in time yesterday. He’s given me a 5 day course of antibiotics - strong ones apparently. A viral infection has apparently lead to Pneumonia.
Sounds exactly the same. The consultant at A&E told me I had probably had Pneumonia but the double dose of antibiotics had done enough to fend it off.

I'm back to work this week as I couldn't bring myself to ask for another sick note but I can't honestly say I feel any better.

Hope you're soon on the mend.

OffenhamSkyBlue

My missus has had a chesty cough for about 4 weeks. She was diagnosed the first time at the GP with a chest infection (no shit, Sherlock) and gave her 5 days of doxycycline. Didn't touch it so she rang the GP again and a different doctor gave her amoxicillin for 5 days. Didn't touch it. Saw another doctor yesterday and he has put her on high-strength clarithromycin (usually used for pneumonia) and referred her for an "urgent" chest x-ray. Despite being able to cross the road to the minor injuries unit, she has to wait for them to write to her with an appointment, then i guess it will be another week before they bother to send the results back to the GP. Some fucking urgency!
Poor lass. All the while Covid negative.

wingy

My missus has had a chesty cough for about 4 weeks. She was diagnosed the first time at the GP with a chest infection (no shit, Sherlock) and gave her 5 days of doxycycline. Didn't touch it so she rang the GP again and a different doctor gave her amoxicillin for 5 days. Didn't touch it. Saw another doctor yesterday and he has put her on high-strength clarithromycin (usually used for pneumonia) and referred her for an "urgent" chest x-ray. Despite being able to cross the road to the minor injuries unit, she has to wait for them to write to her with an appointment, then i guess it will be another week before they bother to send the results back to the GP. Some fucking urgency!
Poor lass. All the while Covid negative.
Think there was a warning about pneumonia outbreak in the autumn in China wasn't there?
Of course there is already a vaccine,

Users who are viewing this thread