Anyone good at maths for january window? (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Was just wondering there, if we get 11k every game or say 13k every game or what ever the average is could we work out roughly what tm would have come January or would he have anything at all extra towards what he was given at the start?

Grendel

Was just wondering there, if we get 11k every game or say 13k every game or what ever the average is could we work out roughly what tm would have come January or would he have anything at all extra towards what he was given at the start?

Hardly anymore really - won't make any real difference to the annual budget and we don't know the assumption made on the 11,000 - 13,000 could generate less revenue than 11,000

stupot07

It would be very little. It used to work (ST's, Conc, kids, Etc) about £10.80 per person per visit, but ST's and matchday tickets are cheaper. Let's say £10 average £10 x 2k x 12 games (1/2 season) = £240k. Less 20% VAT = £192k. And you can only spend 60% towards player budget = £115k, which might add £2-3k pw week to the wage bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

It would be very little. It used to work (ST's, Conc, kids, Etc) about £10.80 per person per visit, but ST's and matchday tickets are cheaper. Let's say £10 average £10 x 2k x 12 games (1/2 season) = £240k. Less 20% VAT = £192k. And you can only spend 60% towards player budget = £115k, which might add £2-3k pw week to the wage bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nice work Stu, keep this run going and we should shortly hit 15K.
I hope the can allocate up to 20K towards an extra ticket girl.
There Is only one person allocated to deal with this Including all posting out etc and an overall admin staff of 5 to deal with everything.

shmmeee

To be fair, we don't have to lose 40% to SCMP. As long as the overall bill doesn't go above. We might not be there yet.

3 months/12 weeks loan in February at 7-8k a week could be the difference between us going up or not.

Astute

But the price of the ST's brings the overall price down. An extra 2,000 will not be at the price of a season ticket. And certainly won't be at the price of the early bird tickets. Lots of the extra tickets will be at full price.

And you also worked out for just 12 games of income but spread the money out over a whole year. But it would only be for 4 months approx. So it would be approx 40k a month. And this is with the cheap prices you quoted.

Hobo

I will be more interested in our points and other teams points. There will be no big cash signings, get used to it we are a League 1 club.

stupot07

Plus matchday packages are still for sale

http://mobile.ccfc.co.uk//news/arti...l-price-coventry-city-league-one-2531046.aspx

Plus there will be 1-2 cheap ticket days,

Plus matchday tickets price between £0.01 and £20.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/

Plus the freebies given out to schools and SBiTC.

NorthernWisdom

Plus matchday packages are still for sale

It is however probably a fair point that not all at ST prices ;)

Getting the balance between all the types of tickets available would probably need the club to release a rather detailed breakdown... and something tells me even if someone could be arsed to map that onto 2,000, the club may not be organised enough to come up with that information!

wingy

It is however probably a fair point that not all at ST prices ;)

Getting the balance between all the types of tickets available would probably need the club to release a rather detailed breakdown... and something tells me even if someone could be arsed to map that onto 2,000, the club may not be organised enough to come up with that information!

I'd have have thought the majority of walk up would be adult males and teenagers
Certainly seems that way when I Que to use my voucher.

stupot07

I'd have have thought the majority of walk up would be adult males and teenagers
Certainly seems that way when I Que to use my voucher.

Walk ups yes, but you also have those that book online, they would be more families and concessions as they want to guarentee their seat.

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm a mature student studying energy engineering which is based a lot on maths so all I can do is differentiation, integration, vectors, quadratic equations , definatel integrals, etc a load of complicated shit I'll never use ever again.

I can't do basic adding and multiplying so can't help you

wingy

I'm a mature student studying energy engineering which is based a lot on maths so all I can do is differentiation, integration, vectors, quadratic equations , definatel integrals, etc a load of complicated shit I'll never use ever again.

I can't do basic adding and multiplying so can't help you

Did a load of that 35 year's ago rev,never had practical use for It workwise though, bloody enjoyed doing It at the time, never wasted though, helps with logic and problem solving IMO.

ccfc1234

I think it could help. SISU would not have based their income and therefore budget based on 13k, that would have been beyond optomistic based on last years end of season showing.

My assumption they would have hoped for 11k and this would have been their breathing space budget. If we go on to get 13k in the 9 games before the window opens we could spend the following.

Average ticket value to CCFC (inc Juniors etc) £8 x 2000 extra fans = £16,000 per game

16k x 9 games = £144,000

That is based on £8 I hope we would get slightly more. £144k is enough for us to sign a good decent player for half a season.

Specs WT-R75

The main difference hopefully will be the caliber of player we will be able to attract/retain in January if we are still pushing for automatic. The amount of money we have will be somewhat irrelevant at that juncture as often the loans are heavily subsidized by the loaning team...

BlueElephant

I think it could help. SISU would not have based their income and therefore budget based on 13k, that would have been beyond optomistic based on last years end of season showing.

My assumption they would have hoped for 11k and this would have been their breathing space budget. If we go on to get 13k in the 9 games before the window opens we could spend the following.

Average ticket value to CCFC (inc Juniors etc) £8 x 2000 extra fans = £16,000 per game

16k x 9 games = £144,000

That is based on £8 I hope we would get slightly more. £144k is enough for us to sign a good decent player for half a season.

This is fairly accurate I would say, apart from the fact we can only spend 60% of income.

So 144k x 0.6 = 86.4k

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Good run = more people going to games = more money to get better players which in turn keeps us on track for promotion!

skybluelee

How many can we fit in without reopening the stand behind the goal?

Also, when they do open it I hope it is done block by block rather than the whole stand otherwise everybody will be spread out again and the atmosphere will be dented.

chiefdave

Also, when they do open it I hope it is done block by block rather than the whole stand otherwise everybody will be spread out again and the atmosphere will be dented.

Think it will be like that, they open up an extra block the other week so that seems to be the plan.

Users who are viewing this thread