Apparently he's going up north... (1 Viewer)

skybluearmy88

According to a Rotherham fan on Facebook they have offered a club record fee to coventry for Leon Clarke and it's been accepted. He says it's to be announced tomorrow. Didn't seem very happy about the deal and worries someone like Leon could disrupt the balance of there team.

mark82

Losing players to Rotherham would be a new low. Not sure it's what Leon envisaged either. Can't see it.

SkyBlueScottie

With the story being released that he is unsettled because we rejected a bid from Sheff Utd it appears that the agent and player are motivated purely by cold hard cash.... Not a lot we can do about it.

hill83

I don't normally subscribe to the 'we are a bigger club, that is a step down' argument. And I'm fully aware they are above us in the league with higher attendances.
But Rotherham for fuck sake. Fuck me.

pusbccfc

Would be an all time low.

wingy

Was It their chairman that described us making that Derisory offer for Le Fondre a couple of years ago .

TBH the price that Reading ultimately paid was better value than Anything Wolves are likely to pay.

A question that arises for me out of all this Is just what sort of Salary Is LC on ? If he was aware Wolves were likely to make the approach the wage must be significant as he was prepared to forgo the signing on fee.

Gint11

I'd get rid now. He has had more clubs than Tiger Woods. Lets get someone in that wants to be here.

skybluepm2

If Rotherham is his next destination on his personal crusade of playing for all football league clubs, the 'one greedy bastard' chant will be out in full force next time we meet him (when he will undoubtedly score).

I seen to recall after the 1st game of the season the article in the Mail that stated we were trying to offload Murphy, Baker and Clarke that Leon was in the region of 8k/wk. I doubt Scrotium would commit to paying wages that high in league 1. I'd hazards a guess at £4k maximum.

I wonder if he will miraculously recover from his 'injury' to pass his medical. Wanker!

Rusty Trombone

If Rotherham is his next destination on his personal crusade of playing for all football league clubs, the 'one greedy bastard' chant will be out in full force next time we meet him (when he will undoubtedly score).

I seen to recall after the 1st game of the season the article in the Mail that stated we were trying to offload Murphy, Baker and Clarke that Leon was in the region of 8k/wk. I doubt Scrotium would commit to paying wages that high in league 1. I'd hazards a guess at £4k maximum.

I wonder if he will miraculously recover from his 'injury' to pass his medical. Wanker!

Does anyone's former workmates chant 'one greedy bastard' at anyone on here after they've left to get a better job?

hill83

Does anyone's former workmates chant 'one greedy bastard' at anyone on here after they've left to get a better job?

No, but I'm sure we'd all love to.

Do 45000 people turn up and clap you when you get the fries spot on on your night shift?

Rusty Trombone

No, but I'm sure we'd all love to.

Do 45000 people turn up and clap you when you get the fries spot on on your night shift?

Good one. So you seem to be saying the 45,000 people that turn up to Sixfields have the right to call any ambitious young chap 'greedy bastard' if he should dare to get a new job. Surely that should be chanted at all our players that have left another club to join ours. Unless of course it's massively hypocritical.

thaiskyblue

Good one. So you seem to be saying the 45,000 people that turn up to Sixfields have the right to call any ambitious young chap 'greedy bastard' if he should dare to get a new job. Surely that should be chanted at all our players that have left another club to join ours. Unless of course it's massively hypocritical.
45000 is that spread over the 5 year sentence ?

Astute

I don't normally subscribe to the 'we are a bigger club, that is a step down' argument. And I'm fully aware they are above us in the league with higher attendances.
But Rotherham for fuck sake. Fuck me.

They are run a lot better than us. Would that have anything to do with it if it is true?

hill83

We all know it's hypocritical. That's the very nature of football. It's not right, but it happens. Comparing it to a 'normal' job is folly.

And I threw in a mcdonalds joke to amuse myself.

AFCCOVENTRY

Clarke knows the next move Is his last payday while at some kind of peak. The guy is 28 and him and his agent want to milk it.

There's no loyalty in football and we all know it. Let's get as much money for him and move on.

Christie came through the cov ranks and wants to go.

Our club is a basket case right now and you can't blame anyone for leaving.

If you work place looked like it was in the shit and in turmoil you would try and move on.

mark82

Ambitious young chap? Are we talking about Leon Clarke still.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Definitely. Let's turn this into another Sisu thread. that'll be fun.

its far from fun. But it reality. Look at Dagnall - SP "We couldnt offer the same length of contract as Leyton Orient"

They offered 18 months ffs, not 5 years !

mark82

its far from fun. But it reality. Look at Dagnall - SP "We couldnt offer the same length of contract as Leyton Orient"

They offered 18 months ffs, not 5 years !

I read that as SP being unwilling to offer him more than til the end of the season as he only saw him as a short term signing. We will offer the right player longer.

hill83

I read that as SP being unwilling to offer him more than til the end of the season as he only saw him as a short term signing. We will offer the right player longer.

That's how I read it too. Less 'couldn't' offer more 'wouldn't' offer. I can't find the article though, so I could be talking bollocks.

Astute

Definitely. Let's turn this into another Sisu thread. that'll be fun.

So it is OK to question why he wants to leave but not OK to mention a very good reason why he might want to leave or why he might want to join a club that we all saw as a much smaller club until not very long ago?

hill83

So it is OK to question why he wants to leave but not OK to mention a very good reason why he might want to leave or why he might want to join a club that we all saw as a much smaller club until not very long ago?

It's all ok chap. But we've got a nice chance to slag a player off here and we should take it. :)

torchomatic

Apparently he's out tonight with an injured foot. I'm sure they or anyone else wouldn't want to sign an injured player. ;)

And all the "we're bigger than them" stuff is bollocks. We're League One now. Haven't been in the top flight for over a decade. We are where we are and Leon Clarke is hardly known for his loyalty. We just need to get over it and move on.

CCFC88

They are run a lot better than us. Would that have anything to do with it if it is true?

Ive said this before, this well known "journeyman" played 83 games for Wednesday, more than he played for his home town club, and at the time he was happpy and settled in the area.

A move back to S yorkshire to see out the remained of his career would make sense.

Godiva

Hobo

I know. But it would be nice.
Okay avoid the normal SISU bashing. Let's just blame Clarke he has form for moving or being moved on most of his career.

Covstu

Weirdly enough, this was on the radio this morning (i work in Rotherham!), he was in with talks with them but Sheff Utd looking to hijack the deal....Persoanlly think this type of club would benefit him rather than wolves, he needs to be the focal point of the attack to be successful. Shame we are selling to a rival but need to get rid and get someone in who wants to play for us.

Hobo

Apparently he's out tonight with an injured foot. I'm sure they or anyone else wouldn't want to sign an injured player. ;)

And all the "we're bigger than them" stuff is bollocks. We're League One now. Haven't been in the top flight for over a decade. We are where we are and Leon Clarke is hardly known for his loyalty. We just need to get over it and move on.

Sadly true Tourch, I fear some non league clubs could make a case of being bigger than us at the moment?

The one burning light at the moment is the fans. The trouble is SISU can't see the potential, they are too busy trying find a way of getting a return on their investment and choking on their pride.

A short term rental deal and three players of quality in could have seen us knocking on the door of the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread