are the playoffs out of our grasp? (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

With yesterdays results, we are now seven points off the playoffs with Yeovil having a game in hand on us.

pusbccfc

In my opinion yes. Saturdays game was huge...we fluffed it as always.

standupforcity

Definitely not if MR stays or we get a good replacement, Grayson/Adkins say. It's a very small swing needed to put us in the play-offs.

standupforcity

It's a massive swing for a team that hasn't won more than two league games in a row this season.

Time will tell...but my money would definitely be making the play-offs and possibly even better. Look at Tranmere and Doncaster's recent form...this is football and anything can happen as we know only too well.

spwaverley4916

I think yes - and I would have accepted that if Robins was still here for a re-building job and push on next season. However that appears not to be the case and I now worry that this is going to be similar to our history when we came down from the premiership - first season in the championship missed out on going back up and then struggled from then on.

lordsummerisle

Time will tell...but my money would definitely be making the play-offs and possibly even better. Look at Tranmere and Doncaster's recent form...this is football and anything can happen as we know only too well.

Doncaster's recent form is 10 points from 6 games, and Tranmere's recent form is 9 points from 6 games.

Ours is 10 points from 6 games, how are we supposed to overhaul them then?

hill83

Pretty much. The games in hand could make it 10. We are 3 off 13th.
The top 6, bar Sheffield United are all on fantastic runs and I think our run is coming to an end.

I'm really worried about next season, the budget will be slashed compared to this season unless Sisu fancy one more shot at it.
We could be in this league for a long time.

Last edited:

TheSnoz

6 home defeats since Mark Robins came here. Yes he's pulled us up, but largely on the away form. And sure we're pleased to be nearer the top of the table. But lets not get carried away with his record. He's had support from the owners, there's no question about that. And it looks like they did all they could to keep him.
If we make a very early appointment we still have a fighting chance of Play Offs. (Adkins, Coyle?) But if we'd won two or three of those home games we'd be talking realistically about being in the frame for automatics.
We've had the disappointment of McGoldrick (wrong decision by him, not a football one) and now Robins.

shropshirecov

With yesterdays results, we are now seven points off the playoffs with Yeovil having a game in hand on us.

Bring the right man in, get a win at bury and its easily doable, trouble is we'll have carsley and oggy in charge for a month till its mathematically impossible.

Give Wisey till the end of the season and say get on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread