Are Wasps still considered a London side? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just wondering.

Was in London today and picked up and Evening Standard and looking at the sports pages, I saw that in the Aviva rugby league table it reads as ;

Northampton
Saracens
Bath
Exeter
Leicester
Wasps

Both Wasps and Saracens highlighted in bold. Have Wasps still got the London tag? Just puzzled me as to why they are emboldened as if they are still a London club, when they obviously have fooked London right off.

Can't see why they are referenced in a London newspaper when they have now found a 'home' nearly 100 miles away.

Coverage in the London press and up here must be lovely for our unwanted intruders mustn't it.

torchomatic

They dropped London from their name last year and London from their company name this year, so they're certainly trying to sever the ties.

Otis

They dropped London from their name last year and London from their company name this year, so they're certainly trying to sever the ties.

Bit odd then that the London Press are still giving them some degree of London identification.

SkyBlue_Bear83

There training facilities and academy is still in London aren't they, they are looking at building one in Coventry though (I'm still convinced they will end up at the Higgs kicking CCFC academy out)

stupot07

There training facilities and academy is still in London aren't they, they are looking at building one in Coventry though (I'm still convinced they will end up at the Higgs kicking CCFC academy out)

Don't be silly, they would never do anything to the detriment of Ccfc or Crfc

Otis

Ahh, if true that would explain it then.

Terry Gibson's perm

They will take over the Alan Higgs and probably only have to pay about 20p to buy it.

chiefdave

Given that CCC have said there's not sites in Coventry for anything but housing if they are going to have it in the city Higgs seems a good shout.

oldfiver

They are keeping all the admin, community and training ( Acton ) in London next season

They are only coming to Cov for games

Terry Gibson's perm

They are keeping all the admin, community and training ( Acton ) in London next season

They are only coming to Cov for games

So it really is all take with them, all the the things above would have brought jobs to the area it seems they like to take the cash from the area but put little back.

torchomatic

SkyBlue_Bear83

Looks like there a london team again today, I think they just decide on whatever whim they wake up with each day.

Meet @jameshaskell and loads more of the squad in the City tomorrow in Paternoster Sq from 13:30! #WaspsInTheCity

Users who are viewing this thread