Armstrong here for the season (1 Viewer)

ccfclinney

Happy new year all!!

Today Steve McClaren has confirmed that Adam Armstrong will stay with us till the end of the season with a 24 hour recall. Good news all round I say ! Also this morning was confirmed that joe cole and bigi are in talks to cancel there contracts and sign for us.

Pusb !

Last edited:

ccfclinney

Source please?

Newcastle United have opted to leave Adam Armstrong at Coventry City until the end of the season.

And that decision indicates that Steve McClaren wants a new striker at St James’ Park this month, with Queens Park Rangers star Charlie Austin still on the radar.

However, the Magpies have inserted a recall clause into Armstrong’s temporary deal with the Sky Blues.

Armstrong’s initial deal was due to expire on January 16, but with United looking to sign a striker in the January window, McClaren is content to allow Armstrong to continue to gain experience in League One.

McClaren told the Chronicle: “I think it’s a season long loan, but we still have a recall on that whenever we want.

“But we are leaving him at Coventry for now.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...newcastle-extend-adam-armstrong-loan-10673470

Otis

Terrible news. He hasn't done anything at all for the past 4 matches and therefore must be crap and been found out.

Get rid!!!!

Otis

Happy new year all!!

Today Steve McClaren has confirmed that Adam Armstrong will stay with us till the end of the season with a 24 hour recall. Good news all round I say ! Also this morning was confirmed that joe cole and bigi are in talks to cancel there contracts and sign for us.

Pusb !
He's clever that McClaren. I reckon he's told Mowbray we can have Armstrong for the season, but only if we promise to sign Bigi permanently.

pusbccfc

Ei ei ei ei o, up the football league we go!

ccfclinney

He's clever that McClaren. I reckon he's told Mowbray we can have Armstrong for the season, but only if we promise to sign Bigi permanently.

Hahha I'm supprised they are releasing bigi surely still worth a couple hundred thousand at his age ?

ccfclinney

Great news, cue more complaints from other teams :D

Thought you couldn't recall a season long loan?

I've always thought you can with any player, but I don't know if him being a youth players changes if you can't ? And would it be classed as a season loan or just another 6 month one ?

Calista

Great news, but the newly-inserted 24-hour recall is potentially a problem. Can't complain though, they are letting us have a brilliant striker for the season.

If Cole and Bigi sign on permanently that would be good news too - especially Bigi, who I think could be superb if he can get fully match-fit. The benefit of Cole I think is more due to his influence on the young players, and the profile of the club.

ccfclinney

Great news, but the newly-inserted 24-hour recall is potentially a problem. Can't complain though, they are letting us have a brilliant striker for the season.

If Cole and Bigi sign on permanently that would be good news too - especially Bigi, who I think could be superb if he can get fully match-fit. The benefit of Cole I think is more due to his influence on the young players, and the profile of the club.

This 24 hour recall isn't new it's always been in place like it is with any youth loan player

SkyBlue_Bear83

It isn't new, they've always had a recall option on him.

Calista

This 24 hour recall isn't new it's always been in place like it is with any youth loan player

Fair enough, I did find it a bit strange. I was fooled by the phrase "However, the Magpies have inserted a recall clause into Armstrong’s temporary deal with the Sky Blues". Journalists love to make everything sound like news don't they?

bawtryneal

So, if Kent returns to Liverpool as predicted and Bigi and Cole sign then will only leave two loanees, AA and JM
Gives TM plenty of options to strengthen the defence with loanees.
When is Willis predicted to be fit.

Otis

So, if Kent returns to Liverpool as predicted and Bigi and Cole sign then will only leave two loanees, AA and JM
Gives TM plenty of options to strengthen the defence with loanees.
When is Willis predicted to be fit.
Up to another 2 months I think.

chiefdave

I've always thought you can with any player, but I don't know if him being a youth players changes if you can't ? And would it be classed as a season loan or just another 6 month one ?

Looking on the FL site it says a season long standard loan can only be recalled when the transfer window is open. Doesn't say anything about recall for youth players so they may not be covered by the same regulations.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Cole can sod off. He's a lump of deadwood!

standupforcity

Looking on the FL site it says a season long standard loan can only be recalled when the transfer window is open. Doesn't say anything about recall for youth players so they may not be covered by the same regulations.

So does that mean Murphy could be recalled tomorrow?

stevefloyd

A little harsh... he hasn't performed like we want him to yet but hopefully he will come good now the pitches are getting heavier

stevefloyd

I wouldn't really be sad to see Cole go but the euphoria that was spread on here when we heard he was coming and the awareness of our great club on Sky Sports et al was great..

Nick

Administrator
Good News. We do need to find a Plan B which could be a striker like Tudgay up top with him!

mechaishida

Terrible news. He hasn't done anything at all for the past 4 matches and therefore must be crap and been found out.

Get rid!!!!

Y'know, I kind of miss Pressley...*sigh*...at least we had something to gripe about when he was around.

Someone should see if Clive Platt is available, he'll lead the forward line like a...uh...arthritic stick insect...

LastGarrison

Just a thought but won't this count as a "new" loan from January to the end of the season as opposed to Murphy's season long loan?

Thus meaning that the 24 hour rule can be used on Armstrong as per any other loan.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Great news, the 24 hour recall would be in there anyway think McLaren said more as a sound bite to Toon fans.

Hopefully AA can rekindle that early season form starting tomorrow!

Otis

Great news, the 24 hour recall would be in there anyway think McLaren said more as a sound bite to Toon fans.

Hopefully AA can rekindle that early season form starting tomorrow!
Yep, a sound bite. I'd it gets tot he stage where they feel they have to recall Adam Armstrong then you know Newcastle must be all but relegated and it would be out of pure desperation.

covhead1

Great news, if he regains his form we will be top of the league within a month and stay there.
Happy days

skybluetony176

Great news. Shame about the 24hr recall so let's hope that they sign Charley Adams and/or keep all their forwards fit.

Users who are viewing this thread