Armstrong recall (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Did it earlier today. Looks like if you keep opening the page, you can vote again, and again, and again.............

Sbarcher

Looks like they have stopped the multi-voting thing....

SkyBlueSid

The problem is that managers think short-term because of the mentality of firing them so quickly these days. McClaren is already under pressure and might try anything to keep his well paid job. 'One for the future' is probably not his priority right now. Wouldn't it be typical if he were recalled, put on the bench for one game, and then the axe fell the following Monday!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

They'd be stupid to get him
Back yet!
He's not ready for the Prem.

Let him blast his way to 25 goals at L1 this season....PLEASSSSEEEEE

D

Deleted member 2477

You can still vote multiple times by reloading the page.
get voting guys before the desperate geordies wreck our promorion chances

bringbackrattles

The problem is that managers think short-term because of the mentality of firing them so quickly these days. McClaren is already under pressure and might try anything to keep his well paid job. 'One for the future' is probably not his priority right now. Wouldn't it be typical if he were recalled, put on the bench for one game, and then the axe fell the following Monday!
In the Daily Mirror today it's got McClarens stats down and it reads last 13 games in charge at Derby:LLDDLLDWDWDDL and first 6 matches at Newcastle:DLDLLLL - which beggars the question how on earth does he keep getting manager jobs ? No wonder the Newcastle fans want him out already,so if I was Armstrong I'd stay put with us as Mowbray knows what he's doing while the wally with the brolly ain't got a clue !

Last edited:

shmmeee

You can still vote multiple times by reloading the page.
get voting guys before the desperate geordies wreck our promorion chances

McClaren is shut. But I doubt he makes his squad decisions by Internet poll.

Covstu

Yep i was thinking the same, i doubt this is really going to make a difference here but if it makes you feel better!

Maybe he should introduce a 'text for a substitute' idea!!

letsallsingtogether

That is why we shouldn't worry about Armstrong.
It is our manager they will come back for :-(

Warwickhunt

Bet they'd love Mowbray up there even though he's a Boro legend ? Hope not but as we know football is so unpredictable and things can happen in an instant.
If they come in with Stupid money then he would find it hard not to go! i would'nt hold it against him as i find him an absoloute honest hard working guy and deserves to be at the peak of management. just hope we could benefit big time financially

bringbackrattles

If they come in with Stupid money then he would find it hard not to go! i would'nt hold it against him as i find him an absoloute honest hard working guy and deserves to be at the peak of management. just hope we could benefit big time financially
Under Mogga things are shaping up nicely and he's here to build something good and he has stated it's a two year plan.Yet Robins said almost identical sound bites too didn't he,so you just never know !

skyblueinBaku

I think TM is an honourable man. If he says he has a 2 year plan for the club, then I believe he'll see it through.

LB87ccfc

Desperate by Newcastle if they want a 18 year old kid who is still learning his trade trust into a likable relegation battle infront of a hostile crowd.

Adam should be kept where he is, whilst the team at Newcastle currently take a long look at themselves and sort out the situation they find themselves in, not heaping even more pressure on Adam's shoulders.

st john

This article is the very reason Newcastle shouldn't recall Armstrong, even in January.
6 weeks ago very few people had heard of him outside Newcastle, except for a few involved in the England under 18's
Now he is being mentioned all over the place, including almost weekly on sports TV.
If he can continue this form for a full season his value will increase to at least what we got for Wilson. The best chance of him doing that is with us, surely.

Hobo

He is nowhere near ready for the Premiership, he is better doing a season here.

robbiethemole

He's scoring goals in a fast, mobile and committed front line.................. Newcastle's donkies aren't as good as our lads and the goals would dry up.

Paxman II

This is a moot point. the difference in the premiership and league 1 is huge. You do McClaren a dis service to suggest he would be recalled to Newcastle on the presumption he would continue at that level in the same vein? highly unlikely. You are saying Cisse for example is worse than Armstrong? The reality is if Cisse was at Coventry we would be wetting our pants at the prospect. So put into context highly unlikely Armstrong will go anywhere but continue his confidence building first team experience at Coventry with all eyes on the future...

Warwickhunt

This is a moot point. the difference in the premiership and league 1 is huge. You do McClaren a dis service to suggest he would be recalled to Newcastle on the presumption he would continue at that level in the same vein? highly unlikely. You are saying Cisse for example is worse than Armstrong? The reality is if Cisse was at Coventry we would be wetting our pants at the prospect. So put into context highly unlikely Armstrong will go anywhere but continue his confidence building first team experience at Coventry with all eyes on the future...
You only have to look at the Scunthorpe Game and see that they did a job on him and he had no chances to score what so ever, they smothered him. TM said that he has been talking to him to give him experience as to what he can do in these circustances. The Premiership would do this to him every game and i think it would dent his confidence some what!

Otis

Under Mogga things are shaping up nicely and he's here to build something good and he has stated it's a two year plan.Yet Robins said almost identical sound bites too didn't he,so you just never know !

When Premier and Championship managers fall on their swords you can be bound sure that Mowbray will be linked. Any manager who is doing well will be.

No idea why Newcastle chose McLaren and I would think that he is now already walking on eggshells. If he hasn't turned it round in the next 4 or 5 games I would expect to see him gone.

Gint11

It would be a terrible move if McClaren brought Arma back. Taking the Sky Blue tinted glasses off, Arma is 18, he is a good player but you need to be something very special (Rooney) to break into the Premier league and stay there and do well at 18. Newcastle are struggling at present because their players havent settled in and dropping 2 x 10million players or whatever they cost with egos for an untested 18 year old is a massive risk. As TM pointed out, he needs to develop more first, let him do that with us. (PS if he goes we are fucked ha)

rupert_bear

We all know sometime Adam Armstrong will go back to Newcastle but do you know something ? Tony Mowbray knows too and I'm certain he will have options in mind to replace him

Users who are viewing this thread