Arrogance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichieGunns

Haha and you are all still at it. We turned up, we counter attacked the fuck out of you, and our 'tinpot' fans sang the fuck out of you. We are a proper club. You underestimated us.

See you at Gresty Road.

Hmm now I've missed most of this conversation but having been at the match last night I have this observation of your fans.

You were quiet for large periods of the first half and only made yourselfs heard when your team made any sort of attack into our half (Which wasn't that much in the first half). You also sang the same thing (which didn't have any words to it as far as I remember) and there was no imagination to it. Just another song taken from other clubs with the word "alex" put into it at some random point. In the 2nd half, fair play to you, you did us over. You sang more because of this. A mixture of the afformentioned song from the first half, as well as "We're going to Wembly" chants and "Shit club no fans" which clearly isn't true by any stretch of the imagination. You only pocked your heads out once the times got good for you. As for us Cov fans. We sang practically the whole way through. We kept on singing everytime they scored and we had a plethora of different songs we could sing. So we are not shit fans and you definately didn't silence us like you seem to think. Your post therefore is full of Confident Bravado and another word that is closely linked to bravado is Arrogance!

My views on the game itself!

First half we were all over you like a rash. The ref gave you a lot of the benefit of the doubt and allowed your keeper to get away with time wasting every bloody time he had the ball in his hands (in both halfs of the match I might add). The slightest contact made to one of your players resulted in "Im injured ref, give me a free kick and book that guy" intimations that didn't impress any of us in the Cov stands. I lost count of the amount of times your players used their hands (either to knock the ball away or to grab and hold onto our players) and really couldn't understand why the ref kept letting you get away with it. You only managed to go into the first half at 0-0 because your keeper kept you in it with some very good reaction saves. Also if Jennings had taken more time over his shot in the last minute of extra time in the first half, we definately would have scored and the game might have been a lot different!

But sadly this wasn't to happen. In the second half your players wanted it more and they showed it. You made us regret all those missed chances in the first half (as well as a fair few in the second). Our defence on three occassions allowed you to come at them, backed away from you as you approached and then watched as you scored. They weren't fatastic goals, far beyond it, in fact they were tap ins. Everyone of them were tap ins and not worth remembering. So in that department, you were gifted chances. The only difference between our teams last night was that you took your chances (even if you were given an easy ride to get them) while we didn't. Something else of note that I was disgusted by was the way your number 5, Ellis got Cyrus Christie booked. I'm sorry, one of your fans comes racing onto the pitch, pushes one of our lads as he runs past, pats some of yours on the shoulder and you do nothing about it (yeh I agree the stewards should have done more before you say anything) but when Cyrus tripped that lad, it wasn't malicious. He wanted that lad off the pitch so we could continue, that was all. So your fan squares up to him and then while the stewards are getting him off the pitch, your number 5 gets Cyrus booked. Thats disgusting in my books. It's not an Eden Hazard incident by any stretch of the imagination and no booking should ever have happend!

And one more thing. Your players (as mentioned before) were all over the shop. Falling over when hardly any contact had been made. For instance, your keeper had his hands around Elliots waste at one point when we had a corner. The minute Elliot tried to kick the ball, he fell over. He clearly did that on purpose to get a free kick. Your lad that went over and had to have treatment. Play acting worthy of Saurez! And I know it was play acting because about a minute after he came on the pitch, he was using his injured arm to hold one of our players and then pulled him to the ground with it. If you've just hurt your arm like he was making out he had, you wouldn't be using it like that. Your players fell over so much, you could turn it into a comedy act!

But in the end, we lost, you won. You deserved it, we didn't! You put the ball in the net, we didn't. But I offer you the same warning you gave us (one that I never doubted for a second by the way), we will not be that easy to walk over when we come to you. Sure we may not win but we'll give a damn good try and our away form is a hell of a lot better than our home form so watch out :) And that's not arrogance, it's just a friendly warning from one football fan to another ;)

Now have a nice week and smile for you won! That's something to be celebrated!

Evans1883

Sharp... what searing wit.

Look end of the day.we are the bigger better footballing team.if it wasn't for our shocking start we would be pissing this tinpot league.oh look how arrogant I am .no I'm a realist.we should be pissing on wank little clubs like you .now do 1 you mug and enjoy the next 20 years in league1

Evans1883

See, now that's not realistic. And I assume satire.

Why be so fucking nice to these muppets..and fact if robins was in from day 1 we probably would be pissing this league and yes we should be beating teams like Crewe alexfuckingandra

Evans1883

And had our strikers had their shooting boots on we WOULD have been clear before half time and these idiots wouldn't be here gloating

ajsccfc

You don't have to be nice to people, but Robins is in charge and we've just lost to Crewe so there's little to say we ought to be pissing on anyone.

Evans1883

You don't have to be nice to people, but Robins is in charge and we've just lost to Crewe so there's little to say we ought to be pissing on anyone.

If man utd lose to west ham.people say they should really be beating teams like that..

RichieGunns

An head out your arse.we SHOULD be beating teams like crewe

And that's what got us into this situation in the first place.

We are a good team but never ever under estimate your opponants!

Treat them with the respect they deserve.

We shouldn't be pissing on anyone!

Quite confidence is better than outright arrogant gobshite!

Arrogance only gets your one place and thats on the loosing side!

It happens in War, it happens in sport and it happens in the work place with the same results.

You either end up dead (War), on the loosing side (sport) or out of a job (work).

Evans1883

And that's what got us into this situation in the first place.

We are a good team but never ever under estimate your opponants!

Treat them with the respect they deserve.

We shouldn't be pissing on anyone!

Quite confidence is better than outright arrogant gobshite!

Gobshite!I've sat back watching these pair basically mock our club all morning .its time to tell them to go.simple.
And as stated.even there manager says they can't match us.its logic our team is better than theirs.we should win

Moff

No, no chip. As I say we're a well run club on a sound footing both in football and financial terms. If anyone has a chip I'd thought it would be you lot, it's many a great club like yours that has gone to the dogs in recent years (Sheff Wednesday, Leeds, yourselves). It just amuses me that the trauma of years of sustained failure has manifested itself in this bizarre hysteria over the JPT, jesus an extra twenty thousand of you turned out!

Not hysteria, we just want some success. A day out at Wembley would be fantastic, especially for those who were not born 25 years ago when we won the FA Cup.

If you or your idiot friend on here bothered to check, we have been starved of success for years, and fans expect results like the defeat last night, as it often seems to happen to the club. That is why most of us are not arrogant, we expect better but are not suprised at such losses.

As for the comment about an extra twenty thousand turning up. Well it was five pounds per ticket and an area final, a good turn out i thought. Are you not expecting a sell out at Crewe or are you so arrogant on past successes that your fans dont turn out?

(PS - Tell the your mate that until this season we havent beaten you for a number of years as you went down in 2005 as you kindly pointed out, so if you are a league below its kind of hard to get a fixture :facepalm:)

RichieGunns

Gobshite!I've sat back watching these pair basically mock our club all morning .its time to tell them to go.simple.
And as stated.even there manager says they can't match us.its logic our team is better than theirs.we should win

Yes but that doesn't mean we are better or that we should treat any team or opporsition fans with anything less than respect!

Shouting about how we are going to piss on this league show a considerable amount of disrespect.

Just let them mouth off. They've come here looking for a fight. Let them have their say.

Politely listen to them, give them your views and then walk away.

In a few months time we wont remember them, nore will any of us care!

We'll get on with our lives and they'll get on with theirs! simple!

Grendel

If man utd lose to west ham.people say they should really be beating teams like that..

9 times out of 10 they do. This season Shrewsbury have done the double on us and we have lost to Scunthorpe plus drew with bury. We and Crewe are not as far apart as Man U and west ham.

UNCLE MONTY

You deserved that. I'm sorry, but you really did. Like I kept telling you all, we wouldn't be overawed. Arrogance is not a good quality.

See you at Gresty Road.

You were lucky, take off your rose tinted specs and look at the stats. Were you at the game?

Ojprice

Banned

Mate, you're making yourself look stupid. Calm down, it's a football forum. This thread was started by a Crewe fan, it's pretty obvious what the content is going to be, if you don't like it move on to the next thread. Nobody's disrespected the club, far from it, I just believe the club and local media could have handled the build up better, for one thing it would have put less pressure on the players. There was certainly no pressure on our lads last night and, who knows, that could have been the difference.

Evans1883

Yes but that doesn't mean we are better or that we should treat any team or opporsition fans with anything less than respect!

Shouting about how we are going to piss on this league show a considerable amount of disrespect.

Just let them mouth off. They've come here looking for a fight. Let them have their say.

Politely listen to them, give them your views and then walk away.

In a few months time we wont remember them, nore will any of us care!

We'll get on with our lives and they'll get on with theirs! simple!
I'll take your comment on board.very downbeat today.frustrating

Evans1883

Mate, you're making yourself look stupid. Calm down, it's a football forum. This thread was started by a Crewe fan, it's pretty obvious what the content is going to be, if you don't like it move on to the next thread. Nobody's disrespected the club, far from it, I just believe the club and local media could have handled the build up better, for one thing it would have put less pressure on the players. There was certainly no pressure on our lads last night and, who knows, that could have been the difference.
Congrats on last night,on to the 2nd leg

ajsccfc

Off that fence pal.Jesus wept .you got blinkers on or what.99%of people would say exactly that.

You don't understand fence-sitting if you think that's what's going on. We shouldn't expect to beat teams like Crewe because we're in League One for a reason, a league in which we have lost quite a few games and counting.

Scream blindly at the Crewe fans if you must, but the tubthumping is misplaced, particularly after last night.

Evans1883

You don't understand fence-sitting if you think that's what's going on. We shouldn't expect to beat teams like Crewe because we're in League One for a reason, a league in which we have lost quite a few games and counting.

Scream blindly at the Crewe fans if you must, but the tubthumping is misplaced, particularly after last night.
My apologies.I understand what your saying

RichieGunns

I'll take your comment on board.very downbeat today.frustrating

Trust me EVO your not the only one.

That was my first game for 7 years. I was so looking forward to it, had been since I bought my ticket two weeks before.

I was practically bouncing off the roof yesterday in anticipation and then to have that happened made me rather sour!

But I'm looking on it postively.

The lads will now know not to underestimate any teams they play. Robins will use Crewe as an example!

Hopefully it'll galvanise them to go to Crewe and really take the fight to them, whether we get through to the final or not!

Keep your chin up lad! :) PUSB!

ajsccfc

I'd have been almost confident going into the second leg a goal down as the pressure is off and we seem to perform better away from home. It just seemed like the players went for broke to suit the crowd and hype which was counter-productive in what's basically the first half of the overall game.

BLAKESCREWE

Sorry to butt in but this is how we (Crewe) often play away games, hit and run and it worked a treat, anyhow the last six meets between us we`ve won 6, drew 1, lost 1 sorry but you won`t win 4-0, 5-1 or 6-2 at our place.

fernandopartridge

Sorry to butt in but this is how we (Crewe) often play away games, hit and run and it worked a treat, anyhow the last six meets between us we`ve won 6, drew 1, lost 1 sorry but you won`t win 4-0, 5-1 or 6-2 at our place.

Nothing like meeting perceived over confidence or arrogance of somebody else with your own.

RichieGunns

Blakescrewe nothing is impossible and no stats can predict that!

Considering this! After yesterday's game and our game last year, all those other results you've just quoted happened 8+ years ago.

Our two teams were very different then with different managers and different players.

So therefore you cannot use those stats to predict any such results.

I'm not saying we will win by that much but Football is a funny thing is it not?

Villa never expected to have 8 put past them by Chelsea but they did!

Never think something wont happen because sometimes it might just and then you may end up eating your shoe ;)

skyblue4ever

This is a Coventry City football club forum so do one!

RichieGunns

This is a Coventry City football club forum so do one!

Ojprice was making a valid point there sb4e!

The pressure we put on our players probably contributed to what happened last night.

Their players (apart from falling over rather comically on far too many occasions) hadn't got so much pressure on them to perform well as we had on our lads.

And as I said to EVO, its better to be polite than to antagonise them more!

Let them say their peice and then they'll go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread