As it's Halloween coming up. What's the scariest scene from a film or tv series ? (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

The video clip from the ring

There was a clip from twin peaks with evil bob where he seemed to glide into the room which was scary

Anything with penny wise

Nick

Administrator
I'm not really one for being scared or jumpy as you can predict when something is going to happen.

I remember watching the amityville horror, not the best but was half asleep and i think he was walking in the garden and randomly there was a flash where he was like a devil. (I think).

Made me jump.

Anything unexpected like that.

bringbackrattles

Horror films make me laugh but real life can be scary. Sorry to go off thread here but I'm still getting flashbacks to seeing that poor little girl lying dead in the road by my home. Now that is horror.

ajsccfc

I don't have the nerve for horror films, although I found the Exorcist a right load of mince. The Blair Witch Project shit me right up though.

Otis

I don't have the nerve for horror films, although I found the Exorcist a right load of mince. The Blair Witch Project shit me right up though.
First time I watched the Exorcist I wondered what all the fuss was about, but having seen it again since a few times I now appreciate it for the classic it is. Wonderfully atmospheric and eerie.

Don't think it is scary anymore though.

The Blair Witch Project unnerved me. Simply based on the premise of being scared of the dark.

Think I mentioned it before. 10 of us went to see it and 5 found it really scary and the other 5 just found it a pipe of tosh.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I watched about 10 - 15 minutes of the Blair Witch thing and was bored to tears. Absolute drivel. Filmed with a cam-corder. C'mon.
Anyway, the scariest bit in a film for me was when Bambi's dad got shot. Didn't expect that!

Otis

I watched about 10 - 15 minutes of the Blair Witch thing and was bored to tears. Absolute drivel. Filmed with a cam-corder. C'mon.
Anyway, the scariest bit in a film for me was when Bambi's dad got shot. Didn't expect that!
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Bambi is not in The Blair Witch Project.

Maybe you are talking about the sequel.

chiefdave

GhostWatch scared the crap out of me when that was shown, I was in halls at uni so would have been 92.

duffer

Horror films make me laugh but real life can be scary. Sorry to go off thread here but I'm still getting flashbacks to seeing that poor little girl lying dead in the road by my home. Now that is horror.

Quite seriously BBR, that sounds a bit like PTSD to me. If it continues and it's intrusive I'd genuinely recommend talking to someone about it rather than trying to live with it - there are straightforward things that can help here. Think of it like you would a sports injury - if it's still hurting badly after a few weeks and doesn't seem to be improving, you'd get it looked at.

covmark

Went to watch Blair Witch project at the cinema. Was, and probably still is the worst film I've ever seen in my life. Pure shite.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Quite seriously BBR, that sounds a bit like PTSD to me. If it continues and it's intrusive I'd genuinely recommend talking to someone about it rather than trying to live with it - there are straightforward things that can help here. Think of it like you would a sports injury - if it's still hurting badly after a few weeks and doesn't seem to be improving, you'd get it looked at.
Many thanks for that surprised anybody would be bothered.
I'm pretty good at coping with stuff as I've been through a lot of crap in my life,and will cope with this too. Its only a week ago and the little girls shrine of flowers etc is still outside and lit up at night,so it will still be raw for a while. But I feel for the family of the girl and the driver who I hear is still in hospital in shock etc. Once again thanks for your comments.

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure it is something I could forget if I saw that happen. I have seen a bloke get runover, but it doesn't compare to what you described.

Surprisingly on here is quite good for people actually remembering and thinking when the politics of ccfc is aside, like the thread about children also.

Maybe once the shrine has gone and it isn't so raw it might be better, can't imagine what the driver is going through either.

bringbackrattles

I am not sure it is something I could forget if I saw that happen. I have seen a bloke get runover, but it doesn't compare to what you described.

Surprisingly on here is quite good for people actually remembering and thinking when the politics of ccfc is aside, like the thread about children also.

Maybe once the shrine has gone and it isn't so raw it might be better, can't imagine what the driver is going through either.
A young lad who works in the cafe here in Bell Green has suffered bad from it as he saw more than me, and has been really upset. I heard the other day the driver is or has been in the Caludon Centre at Walsgrave hospital.

Nick

Administrator
A young lad who works in the cafe here in Bell Green has suffered bad from it as he saw more than me, and has been really upset. I heard the other day the driver is or has been in the Caludon Centre at Walsgrave hospital.
Jeez, I can't imagine what he is going through.

I know with the internet now people post all sorts of graphic videos online, but seeing something like that happen. :(

bringbackrattles

Jeez, I can't imagine what he is going through.

I know with the internet now people post all sorts of graphic videos online, but seeing something like that happen. :(
It is looking like a tragic accident and sadly just one of those things that can happen. The collection is going well online and all the shops here have collection boxes so the family give her a good send off. The mum was looking at the shrine the other day which was surreal.

CJ_covblaze

The footage of the press conference where the press officer says: "everyone please welcome the new Coventry City manager, Iain Dowie".

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Bambi is not in The Blair Witch Project.

Maybe you are talking about the sequel.
No Otis, it was about No7 in the series of Bambi films: "Bambi and Thumper - The Vampire Werewolf Rabbit Returns. Part 7"

Ian1779

The scene in the Shining when he goes into the hotel room and finds the woman in the bath, which I seem to remember is neatly intertwined with the little boys visions of the murdered twins and the blood pouring out of the lift shaft.

It's the combination of the visual as well as the audio. Classic Kubrick.

fellatio_Martinez

The Blair Witch Project is a classic. You have to totally commit yourself to the story though or else the shaky camera and lack of actual on screen scares will distract you.

These type of films work by slowly cranking up the atmosphere of dread and fear until you become so engrossed that the smallest detail or scare will freak you out. I found the sound of the baby crying while the tent was getting attacked to be very disturbing. That's something most people will not even have noted but as I said, it works best when you're totally engrossed.

Don't Look Now is a horror film that stayed with me for ages. The way it deals with grief and loss is expertly done through mystery and fear. It turns Venice into some kind of colossal monster too.

The ending is both bizarre and horrible.

duffer

I'm pretty good at coping with stuff as I've been through a lot of crap in my life,and will cope with this too. Its only a week ago and the little girls shrine of flowers etc is still outside and lit up at night,so it will still be raw for a while. But I feel for the family of the girl and the driver who I hear is still in hospital in shock etc. Once again thanks for your comments.

You're very welcome. In truth BBR, I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through - it must be desparate for the people directly involved, and it's obviously been hard on you too. Regardless of all of the politics and opinions about the team and the owners, and no matter how ticked off with each other we get, we've still got to look after each other when it comes down to it mate. The way we're shedding fans at the moment we'll all be on first name terms at the Ricoh soon anyway. :)

Sick Boy

The scene in the Shining when he goes into the hotel room and finds the woman in the bath, which I seem to remember is neatly intertwined with the little boys visions of the murdered twins and the blood pouring out of the lift shaft.

It's the combination of the visual as well as the audio. Classic Kubrick.

Gets me every single time!

bringbackrattles

Hope you're OK mate.
Yes I'm okay thanks for asking. Blanking it out of my mind now as it was getting me down. Yesterday there was a group of lads abusing each other right by the girls shrine,shouting at each other and goading for a fight. A couple of shoppers shouted at them have some respect will you for the girl. They carried on though which shows how life soon returns to normal round here !

Gazolba

Any number of scenes from the movie "The House That Dripped Blood".

clint van damme

good advice from Duffer mate, I'd really think about talking to someone if I were you, you've witnessed something truly awful, the fact that others experience of the event may have been worse than yours doesn't detract from what you've been through.

clint van damme

The Blair Witch Project is a classic. You have to totally commit yourself to the story though or else the shaky camera and lack of actual on screen scares will distract you.

These type of films work by slowly cranking up the atmosphere of dread and fear until you become so engrossed that the smallest detail or scare will freak you out. I found the sound of the baby crying while the tent was getting attacked to be very disturbing. That's something most people will not even have noted but as I said, it works best when you're totally engrossed.

Don't Look Now is a horror film that stayed with me for ages. The way it deals with grief and loss is expertly done through mystery and fear. It turns Venice into some kind of colossal monster too.

The ending is both bizarre and horrible.

was thinking about the end of Blair witch for days after. So many people slate it but it let's your imagination lead which can be the scariest thing of all.

Otis

was thinking about the end of Blair witch for days after. So many people slate it but it let's your imagination lead which can be the scariest thing of all.
Yep. Exactly.

Crazily enough, I came out being scared of the dark.

Never, ever felt like that having watch a horror film before.

Johnnythespider

Thinking outside the box a little I'm going to say the first 20 minutes of private Ryan, there is nothing quite as scary as humans. Other than that, as has been mentioned "Don't look now" and that little figure in the red coat running around

dutchman

If you're old enough to have explored inside the rows of bombed-out houses in Coventry then the scariest scene ever is the Hobbs Lane sequence in Quatermass and the Pit. It's scary because you can relate to how the people inside those houses would have felt.

Gazolba

If you're old enough to have explored inside the rows of bombed-out houses in Coventry then the scariest scene ever is the Hobbs Lane sequence in Quatermass and the Pit. It's scary because you can relate to how the people inside those houses would have felt.
That's one of the scariest movies of all time. Gave me chills the first time I saw it. I especially liked the scene where they watched the grainy images of the alien 'devils' hopping around. The ending of that movie was copied in Ghostbusters. You just cannot beat those old sci-fi/horror movies.

Covstu

I don't really get horrors, Friday 13th etc are just too gory so end up being daft. Blair Witch was shite also.

I generally prefer the psychological thrillers like Seven but that's more of a 'ooh, wasn't expecting that' rather than being scared.

I do remember as a kid playing Resident Evil on the Playstation for the first time, the first time you bump into a zombie scared the shite out of me! Just got the free download from PS for the PS4!

Users who are viewing this thread