attendance (1 Viewer)

1ccfc1987

does anyone know what yesterdays attendance was or is that not being disclosed due to admin issues, i cant find it in any match report
thanks in advance

CJparker

WM police apparently "Tweeted" it as 8750, including about 1k Donny - from where I was sat, that sounds about right

D

Deleted member 4439

WM police apparently "Tweeted" it as 8750, including about 1k Donny - from where I was sat, that sounds about right

Would have to add on a 1000 or so for absent ST holders if you were doing a like-for-like with previous attendance figures, though admittedly still poor for a bank holiday.

CJparker

Yes, not good is it? I remember even inthe Coleman era there being games with 21-22k in the Ricoh.

Most depressing of all was that it came as no surprise yesterday - with nothing to play for, clearly a sizeable chunk our our fans decided to spend the day down Homebase / Cineworld / the pub etc

Steve.B50

I would have put the fat at around 10.5k was better than I expected to be fair.
Thought the support was good yesterday and I personally enjoyed the game.
But where was Jesus?

Black6Osprey

The club didnt exactly make it easy for the fair weather fan to get a ticket did they.

Nothing to play for and a ticket/what ground farce and you get a low crowd. No surprise.

torchomatic

I suppose being Good Friday and the uncertainly of where/is it going to be played also knocked a fair few off the gate.

pusbccfc

That wasn't as low as Crawley

ampthill_sba

It was defo not the lowest league attendance...I'd have put the crowd nearer 11k based on the experience of estimating attendances every match.

BrisbaneBronco

I suppose being Good Friday and the uncertainly of where/is it going to be played also knocked a fair few off the gate.

Losing 10pts and being in admin didn't help.
Congrats to SISU/ACL for losing approx 3,000 fans in one week and fcukin up our play offs chances.
Numpty's

LloydyCCFC

thought it was one of our better gates this season, telegraph looked as full as its been in the league this season from my view in the corner. cant believe there was only 8750, i'd have guessed 13k

Lord_Nampil

If im not mistaken, the ticket office manager a while back on CWR said we have nearly 8,000 season ticket holders and corporate members, that's why i don't think there was 8,750 there yesterday! But do think there could have been 8750 through the turn styles which would give an attendance of roughly 10/11k...

torchomatic

They didn't scan our STs as we went through, they just glanced (and I mean glanced) at them and let us in. They didn't even check my sons'

<p>

Id have put it nearer 11k as well.

CJparker

It didn't look like 11k to me - I guessed 7.5k-8k to my mate

Otis

Looked about 9,000 tops to me, so the police figure if accurate, would be just about right.

Very sparse.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
They didn't scan our STs as we went through, they just glanced (and I mean glanced) at them and let us in. They didn't even check my sons'

Im confused why it was done manually. Surely it doesn't cost anymore to turn the 'on' button on the turnstiles than it does for a man to manually manage the turnstile?

Not like theres nothing else that was running off the electricity

CJparker

Im confused why it was done manually. Surely it doesn't cost anymore to turn the 'on' button on the turnstiles than it does for a man to manually manage the turnstile?

Not like theres nothing else that was running off the electricity

Yes, I was wondering about this too. Is it something to do with us leaving the Ricoh week before last?

ampthill_sba

Yes, I was wondering about this too. Is it something to do with us leaving the Ricoh week before last?

I'm guessing but I think that the deal hatched between ACL and the administrator to allow the 3 remaining games to go ahead did NOT include certain services:

IT services...therefore the scanning technology couldn't link back to the database. This explains the attendance *guess* by stadium staff.

Heating; club shop in JSB area had portable heaters for the retail staff to keep warm

Telephony; no card payments possible to purchasing Walsall tickets

speedie87

I expect we had removed the servers etc when they moved out the Ricoh so the system couldn't be used.

James Smith

I thought that the attendance figure had to be passed on to the FA and/or FL so they could calculate payments needed to them. I'm fairly certain that another club were fined for falsifying their gate figures, making them lower to avoid paying so much out. Has the administrator got our figures and sent them, do we not need to now that we're in admin, or are we storing up more trouble for ourselves?

James Smith

Hopefully the administrator did it then, the BBC haven't got it on their site.

Users who are viewing this thread