Automated telephone answering. (1 Viewer)

hotrod

Anybody else get annoyed and exasperated by these.

I have just rang a number,first you get all calls will be recorded etc, then if you need such and such dept please disconnect and ring etc,then it is please choose from the following seven options and then after finally pressing the option you need you hear the immortal words "All our operators are busy at the moment please ring off and try again later"

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

tommydazzle

Anybody else get annoyed and exasperated by these.

I have just rang a number,first you get all calls will be recorded etc, then if you need such and such dept please disconnect and ring etc,then it is please choose from the following seven options and then after finally pressing the option you need you hear the immortal words "All our operators are busy at the moment please ring off and try again later"

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Yes and the message that all answers to your questions can be found on our website. No you bastards that's why I'm phoning you.

Gazolba

What gets me are the recordings that list several options and none of them are the one you want.
I got a letter about a prescription drug I take being recalled due to 'traces of a human carcinogen being found'.
They gave a toll-free number to ring.
I rang and they gave six options, none of them anything about a drug recall, and no option to speak to a person.
When asked what option I wanted, I eventually said 'none of those options', that apparently was the secret, then I got transferred to a human operator.

Captain Dart

Select the option that suggests you are going to buy something. Then when you get a person ask your real question.

bringbackrattles

Got a threatening letter from the Council saying I owe £26.00 council tax. If I didn't pay it "immediately" court proceedings would result. All that for £26.00 ! Anyway I rang the number given, must have waited twenty minutes before I got to talk to someone. Told her why the threats etc ? She said the letters are from another department, and ended up being told I can pay in a month's time. Wankers !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Got a threatening letter from the Council saying I owe £26.00 council tax. If I didn't pay it "immediately" court proceedings would result. All that for £26.00 ! Anyway I rang the number given, must have waited twenty minutes before I got to talk to someone. Told her why the threats etc ? She said the letters are from another department, and ended up being told I can pay in a month's time. Wankers !
Typical of a business like the council. There are far too many departments and neither know what the others are doing!

bringbackrattles

Typical of a business like the council. There are far too many departments and neither know what the others are doing!
I've also had crap off Eon they're rip offs and bullies, always at me. Threats etc, had two ballifs last year giving it the big un at my door. They tried to bully me but stood my ground, they backed off when my son turned up "unexpectedly" can't stand bully ballifs. That turned out in my favour. Bastards over charged me !

shmmeee

I saw a thread the other day with people claiming if you swear you get put straight through to a human. No tried it yet but sounds fun even if it doesn’t work.

Just start screaming curse words apparently.

bringbackrattles

What about when the automated voice asks for your date of birth ? You have to repeat three or four times before it gets through, "did you say 1964 ?" No. Heard it's a money scam to keep you on the line longer. Have you noticed there's not many free phone numbers now, usually a mobile one ? Rip offs !

Users who are viewing this thread