Away Ticket Points Scheme Unveiled! (1 Viewer)

Macca1987

I'm of the mindset to let us see how it plays out. You are never going to please everyone, I think myself it covers a lot of who has been where over the last four years, plus the drop off of the furthest back year each time will give people chance to pick up over the coming years.

SBT

They are contributing zero to the playing budget

Yes, but that’s obviously not the only consideration when it comes to deciding who should follow the team away from home. If it was, we could just give away the ticket priority with every prawn sandwich in the CBS corporate areas and be done with it.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, but that’s obviously not the only consideration when it comes to deciding who should follow the team away from home. If it was, we could just give away the ticket priority with every prawn sandwich in the CBS corporate areas and be done with it.

It makes perfect sense to give more "points" to people that follow home and away than just away only where all the money goes to the other club.

clint van damme

Well no, because that would exclude season ticket holders who make a massive contribution to the clubs budget and who provide the club with some finance to keep it going through the fallow months of close season.

SBT

Well no, because that would exclude season ticket holders who make a massive contribution to the clubs budget and who provide the club with some finance to keep it going through the fallow months of close season.

If budget contribution is the only consideration then we should either give priority to those who spend the most on home tickets (I’m sure some corporate packages cost more for a single game than my season ticket does) or just auction off access to away games to the highest bidder. Sound fair?

clint van damme

If budget contribution is the only consideration then we should either give priority to those who spend the most on home tickets (I’m sure some corporate packages cost more for a single game than my season ticket does) or just auction off access to away games to the highest bidder. Sound fair?

So you want to exclude the collective contribution of season ticket holders?

You're not making sense. And I don't know where those with corporate packages stand when it comes to away tickets but I'd imagine they get some sort of priority, and they should.

SBT

So you want to exclude the collective contribution of season ticket holders?

You're not making sense. And I don't know where those with corporate packages stand when it comes to away tickets but I'd imagine they get some sort of priority, and they should.

Well I’m floating it in response to someone suggesting that people who don’t contribute to the playing budget shouldn’t receive any credit. If that’s the only yardstick by which we’re judging fans then it’s pretty clear that the highest rollers at the CBS are the most deserving of tickets. And as someone paying full price for my season ticket, I should get priority over students/pensioners etc.

Personally I think the club should recognise the loyalty of fans attending at home, and away from home, whatever the price point. They need to not only encourage people to buy more tickets, but also to back the team wherever they’re playing. It seems like that’s broadly what they’re doing.

clint van damme

Well I’m floating it in response to someone suggesting that people who don’t contribute to the playing budget shouldn’t receive any credit. If that’s the only yardstick by which we’re judging fans then it’s pretty clear that the highest rollers are the most deserving of tickets.

Personally I think the club should recognise the loyalty of fans attending at home, and away from home, whatever the price point. They need to not only encourage people to buy more tickets, but also to back the team wherever they’re playing. It seems like that’s broadly what they’re doing.

To be fair, the only people who aren't contributing to playing budget would be anyone going away games only and I don't think there's many of them.

I think they've not made a bad job of it and I'm sure, as it's the first attempt, it will be adapted season on season though they're never going to satisfy everyone.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

How many points do you get for a iFollow season ticket, asking for a friend.

Grendel

You sound ridiculous. Season tickets need to be encouraged and one benefit is priority for away matches

mark82

They'll never please everyone and on the whole this appears pretty fair.

Tbh bar Exeter I've never struggled to get away tickets despite much of the hype on here and other places.

I also think now we've been to some of those grounds we hadn't been to for years and with the loss of small allocations up and some bigger allocations in the league that it will be less of an issue this coming season.

Aren't you Leamington & Warwick elite though? 😉

mark82

Well I’m floating it in response to someone suggesting that people who don’t contribute to the playing budget shouldn’t receive any credit. If that’s the only yardstick by which we’re judging fans then it’s pretty clear that the highest rollers at the CBS are the most deserving of tickets. And as someone paying full price for my season ticket, I should get priority over students/pensioners etc.

It kind of does. The season ticket points of 230 just equates to 23 games at 10 points each. The Birmingham year is higher because it includes extra points for evening games which they give to standard ticket holders.

tskezz

You sound ridiculous. Season tickets need to be encouraged and one benefit is priority for away matches
They are, you get 230 points.

@SBT was replying to the idea of away tickets getting no points because they don't contribute to our budget not saying it should be away over home.

Reactions: SBT

SBT

Well everyone agrees with that, which is why the new system is built the way it is.

I also think people need to be encouraged to attend away matches, especially the less glamorous ones, if only for the sake of generating good away support for the team. For that reason, I’m glad the team is offering a benefit to fans who choose to travel, even if CCFC don’t see any financial benefit from it.

PurpleBin

What happens if you contribute by buying heavy scrans pre game and at half time? Pie, Burger, Chips and maybe a bag of fruit pastilles for your bird to suck on.

Any points?

Liquid Gold

What happens if you contribute by buying heavy scrans pre game and at half time? Pie, Burger, Chips and maybe a bag of fruit pastilles for your bird to suck on.

Any points?
Loads of points on your cholesterol score.

She don't mind if those sweet pastilles keep rolling in though.

Greggs

As a phase one elitist i'm willing to sell my identify and current holding of 4200 points. Offers into my inbox please.

covmark

As a phase one elitist i'm willing to sell my identify and current holding of 4200 points. Offers into my inbox please.
I'll offer you a tenner and an all inclusive ticket to my local Hawk Conservancy.
(They do have owls)

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

lord_garrincha

WARNING: Appeals are being dimly viewed.

I asked for 17.85 points extra because, when I was a student in London, I braved the under & over ground trains during rush hour to buy a under 16 ticket for a fiver in the home end against Wimbledon in the first season of the Championship.

Result: Been docked 100 pts & warned about my future conduct!

For those wondering... 1-0. David Thompson

letsallsingtogether

Because the system only exists to manage away ticket priority, so it makes perfect sense that away games are weighted higher.

Seems a very fair system to me. Club have got it spot on.
I didnt say I didnt agree I said why should you get more points if you only attend away games.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Overall I think it’s a fairly good approach. Home attendance should be recognised as well as away. This will have an impact on those that only want to do Chelsea at Home or Southampton Away and I think that’s right, they should be back of the queue or what’s left for general sale.

My only question mark is on it going back to the St Andrews years, that will create a bit of a closed shop for some away games for the foreseeable future. I chose not to have a ST for St Andrews for obvious reasons and I won’t be able get close to catching anyone up that did. They will always be infront of me for ticket points.

Overall though I think it’s a fair approach.

SlowerThanPlatt

Anyone know if the Oxford friendly is included for the loyalty scheme?
Unfortunately not

The away ticket priority scheme will be introduced for 2022/23 league and cup fixtures, and will not be in place for this friendly game – points will not be accrued for this game either.

SheafIsGod

Overall I think it’s a fairly good approach. Home attendance should be recognised as well as away. This will have an impact on those that only want to do Chelsea at Home or Southampton Away and I think that’s right, they should be back of the queue or what’s left for general sale.

My only question mark is on it going back to the St Andrews years, that will create a bit of a closed shop for some away games for the foreseeable future. I chose not to have a ST for St Andrews for obvious reasons and I won’t be able get close to catching anyone up that did. They will always be infront of me for ticket points.

Overall though I think it’s a fair approach.

I’d understand including the St Andrews years if they also included the League 1 and League 2 seasons before that, but they don’t for some reason.

The current points system basically rewards all those who were in a position to get to Birmingham each week, as well as the thousands of bandwagoners since our promotions, but not the loyal few thousand who were there home and away in League 2. Strange.

Speedies_Chips

I’d understand including the St Andrews years if they also included the League 1 and League 2 seasons before that, but they don’t for some reason.

The current points system basically rewards all those who were in a position to get to Birmingham each week, as well as the thousands of bandwagoners since our promotions, but not the loyal few thousand who were there home and away in League 2. Strange.
As the system will only be working off the last three years history, eventually the St Andrews points will drop off. Should level the playing field a little over time.

Users who are viewing this thread