Away ticket priority (1 Viewer)

Ccfcjames91

With the majority of fans avoiding northampton like me and choosing only away games it will be interesting to get tickets . How will they prioritise the tickets obviously season tickets first ? With only small grounds the away ends this season will be easier to fill now more than ever . Haven't heard anything of new club memberships ?

Noggin

Once we are down the bottom end of the table and any misguided preseason optimism is dried up you won't have a problem getting away tickets imo.

Grendel

I wonder where people will be able to buy and collect tickets.

jas365

This will be the first time in 14 years i've not had an away season ticket. Its going to be a very strange adjustment.

stupot07

Personally I see fans that are only doing away games as 'having their cake and eating it'. Take the moral high ground while cheering on every goal, win or last minute equaliser that a sisu and 'scab' funded team make.

Astute

First away game of the season can be a big one. Away cup games can be big games. This season all away games could be big though. The good thing is I can see our opponents giving us more tickets for our fans. Not only would this show them supporting our cause but would also make them lots of money. How often do we go to an away league game where the stadium is full?

stupot07

First away game of the season can be a big one. Away cup games can be big games. This season all away games could be big though. The good thing is I can see our opponents giving us more tickets for our fans. Not only would this show them supporting our cause but would also make them lots of money. How often do we go to an away league game where the stadium is full?

True, they may stop pay in the gate though and make people buy through Ccfc...did i read that we get a small commission (~6%?) from away tickets?

chiefdave

last year it was supposedly going to be impossible to get tickets and it was never a problem even for the huge cup games so long as you are vaguely organised and note when onsale dates are. Plus with less ST holders there will be a bigger general sale for away games.

Astute

True, they may stop pay in the gate though and make people buy through Ccfc...did i read that we get a small commission (~6%?) from away tickets?

Are SISU going to threaten court action to any club that sells us tickets directly?

Some people don't seem to understand the feeling of others as they find out the truth of what is happening. The more time that goes by the more of the truth that will come out. SISU themselves are now finding out that a football club is nothing like a business they are used to liquidating. A football club isn't just a name and people that work for them. There are also thousands of people watching their every move. There will also be many thousands more watching with interest. Many of these will help when they can.

stupot07

Are SISU going to threaten court action to any club that sells us tickets directly?

Some people don't seem to understand the feeling of others as they find out the truth of what is happening. The more time that goes by the more of the truth that will come out. SISU themselves are now finding out that a football club is nothing like a business they are used to liquidating. A football club isn't just a name and people that work for them. There are also thousands of people watching their every move. There will also be many thousands more watching with interest. Many of these will help when they can.

Yes fans will take our side, but I expect those that run our rival clubs to take our owners side, showing solidarity between clubs while showing some sympathy to the fans

DazzleTommyDazzle

Personally I see fans that are only doing away games as 'having their cake and eating it'. Take the moral high ground while cheering on every goal, win or last minute equaliser that a sisu and 'scab' funded team make.

It seems fairly logical that if you want to support the club, but believe that giving revenue to SISU will encourage them to continue their current disasterous running of the club, then the only rational thing to do is to attend games where SISU do not financially benefit from your attendance.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think it will be interesting to see how easy/difficult SISU make it for the non-attendees at Sixfields to get hold of away tickets. If they start playing silly beggars, they will get more adverse publicity and add grist to the mill for those lobbying the Football league to take action against them. You would think they would be cute enough to realise this, but they constantly manage to surprise with their levels of contempt and aggression towards anyone opposing them..................oh yes>>>>>>:blue:

ccfcway

Yer, thats right. CCFC fans are having their cake and eating it. It really is one big jolly !

Astute

Yes fans will take our side, but I expect those that run our rival clubs to take our owners side, showing solidarity between clubs while showing some sympathy to the fans

Is that why we are not playing where SISU said we would?

Were the other clubs against SISU, not wanting to upset their fans? Not wanting to upset our fans or even not wanting to get into bed with the devil?

swanageskyblue

For those of us who believe that NOPM is the right thing to do as it will help eventually force SISU to leave our club, it is essential that we do not get drawn into taking out club memberships to improve our chances of getting away tickets (members get them after ST holders but before general sale).

If no-one becomes a member and with very few season ticket holders, the vast majority of away tickets will be available for general sale, whether from CCFC or direct from the away club.

It means I will not be able to listen to live commentary on Player, but I will not be renewing my membership and I ask other prospective members to consider their decision on taking out membership.

Spionkop

I go to most away games, but always sit on the side. Never with City fans. Its how I prefer it. Don't want to stand and want to actually watch game. Too many distractions with City fans. A few of them can be a pain in the neck (drunk etc). I'm 60 + something (done my time on terraces) .My point is I buy direct from the away club, either in advance or on the day. It's not a problem. So don't panic. SISU OUT.

Last edited:

Steve.B50

With the majority of fans avoiding northampton like me and choosing only away games it will be interesting to get tickets . How will they prioritise the tickets obviously season tickets first ? With only small grounds the away ends this season will be easier to fill now more than ever . Haven't heard anything of new club memberships ?

Can only comment on Crawley, they told me that is first come first served for away fans if they buy direct from Crawley ticket office.
ST holders would only get priority if the club bought the tickets, which at this stage they have not.

stupot07

Wasn't we supposed to be playing in the West Midlands?

Depends if you mean the county of West Midlands, or the BBC news definition of West Midlands on Midlands today......that covers from Northampton to all the way up to Shropshire and Stoke

Users who are viewing this thread