Back to being the biggest club in Coventry? (6 Viewers)

Moff

You retired at 34 ? Well done :)

Your right I seem to be the only one defending the 'situation'.
However it does give everybody a target to vent their frustrations.
A lot do think like me but I guess they don't like the banter/insults/abuse which I don't mind.
I try to be a little more subtle in return with 'teasers' like 'The 6'.

It was 44 not 34 , apologies I was 10 years out with you.

Its a complicated story, partly through choice partly not, but its going ok after the first year, but may not be a permanent thing as already back doing some stuff. Due to an injury I am also restricted on any future work plans if I ever went back, whatever they may be, but I will just have to change my outlook, and aim at something new! :p

Re Wasps, I realised that although we sit on different sides of the fence, it was better to debate than argue, we may not always agree but I overstepped the mark in the past, and it wasnt the right thing to do. Rather than debate my point, I got on my high horse (pardon the pun), said some stupid things and it demeaned what I said.

Whether we agree or disagree I much prefer the banter now.

Sick Boy

But did you support Wasps before they came to Coventry? Were you even a rugby supporter before Wasps moved in to our home and if so who did you support and were you a season ticket? Would you still be a season ticket holder and be going to home games for Wasps in the unlikely event that they moved again?

Really? I don't think it's a laughing matter at all.

I've said since day one that Sisu should have been getting the chequebook out and buying into the Ricoh. It infuriates me that they didn't and I've said so many times before.

You don't know that for certain though do you? You can't produce evidence that Sisu weren't going to stay there until a new stadium was built. What if we'd found a stadium we could buy but it was tens of miles away? I assume you would have had no problems with us moving from Sixfields to there?

Or do I think travelling to Coventry is too far from London to support my team at home games.

There's a huge difference between travelling around London and even travelling to High Wycombe from London. One hundred miles dwarfs the distance we had to travel to get to Sixfields.

United haven't moved for a fair few years though have they? The travelling fans who support United more than likely knew where their team would be playing when they became supporters.

I still don't approve of moving a club away from their fans be it rugby, football, netball etc. We didn't like it when it happened to us did we? It appears to me that Wasps are having to use inducements to get people to go to their games be it free tickets, paying for trains etc. Now I know that OSB58 has posted a detailed analysis of Wasps from a financial perspective and doesn't think that they're likely to be on the brink anytime soon. But it still can't be right that to show a fuller stadium (on TV) they're using all these inducements. That's probably also going to affect the local teams in the surrounding area just like when a superstore moves into a location.

You're wasting your time, mate.

Sick Boy

Italia represents a lot that is wrong with humanity- as long as he's alright, who gives a fuck about anyone else.

James Smith

Italia represents a lot that is wrong with humanity- as long as he's alright, who gives a fuck about anyone else.

There is a sense of the Kent Brockman about him.....
"Ladies and gentlemen, uh, we've just lost the picture, but what we've seen speaks for itself. The Corvair spacecraft has apparently been taken over -- 'conquered' if you will -- by a master race of giant space Wasps. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive earth men or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the Wasps will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves."
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/I,_for_one,_welcome_our_new_X_overlords

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

So basically you support Wasps at games because they're now in our city and if they moved you wouldn't?

Basically that is correct, more specifically though the Ricoh Arena rather than the city, if Wasps had moved into the Butts Park Arena the slimy c**t wouldn't have given a shit.

chiefdave

Wasps fans have never had roots before, something they can sit back and think, this is now forever.

What are you on about? They played at the same ground, which they owned, from 1923 - 1996. They moved to Loftus Road (roughly the same distance as us moving from HR to the Ricoh), it was bigger & better and would take them on to bigger things - sound familiar?

When it all went wrong they ended up in High Wycombe which they kept insisting, right up until they purchased the Ricoh, was temporary pending a move back to Sudbury or that general vicinity.

United haven't moved for a fair few years though have they?

To be fair they've only been at Old Trafford since 1910. It italia's world that's basically nomadic so don't be surprised if they move to the other end of the country in the future - sure nobody would object.

italiahorse

It was 44 not 34 , apologies I was 10 years out with you.

Its a complicated story, partly through choice partly not, but its going ok after the first year, but may not be a permanent thing as already back doing some stuff. Due to an injury I am also restricted on any future work plans if I ever went back, whatever they may be, but I will just have to change my outlook, and aim at something new! :p

Re Wasps, I realised that although we sit on different sides of the fence, it was better to debate than argue, we may not always agree but I overstepped the mark in the past, and it wasnt the right thing to do. Rather than debate my point, I got on my high horse (pardon the pun), said some stupid things and it demeaned what I said.

Whether we agree or disagree I much prefer the banter now.

Nice to meet sometime and buy you that pre match pint. :)

italiahorse

Why are you bothered about Wasps and there fans?
Surely just leave them to worry about it and get on and enjoy CCFC's current success.

Life's tough, it's all about money, if you don't generate enough you go out of business.
From going out of existence to nearly the richest club in Europe in 3 years is evidence of a good decision.

Survival of the fittest. If you can't hack it, fall away !!

italiahorse

Basically that is correct, more specifically though the Ricoh Arena rather than the city, if Wasps had moved into the Butts Park Arena the slimy c**t wouldn't have given a shit.

I go and watch Wasps. Grow up and channel your fight on someone who cares.

Nick

Administrator
Why are you bothered about Wasps and there fans?
Surely just leave them to worry about it and get on and enjoy CCFC's current success.

Life's tough, it's all about money, if you don't generate enough you go out of business.
From going out of existence to nearly the richest club in Europe in 3 years is evidence of a good decision.

Survival of the fittest. If you can't hack it, fall away !!

Are they actually the richest club in Europe?

italiahorse

If they are "nearly" there, you have either been comparing the accounts of every team in Europe, or you are repeating their propaganda.

We will need to wait until the accounts to fully confirm my educated guess !!
In the meantime, please don't destroy my love of Wasps. Where else will I go ? :confused:

Grendel

This thread should be renamed;

"My morals, my morals, my morals for a car park"

And king dickhead got his wish.

italiahorse

This thread should be renamed;

"My morals, my morals, my morals for a car park"

And king dickhead got his wish.

How about .....

"They don't like it up um Mr Mannering "

In reference that some like to give it but can't take it ?

Or, you could play the German prisoner who thinks he's still in charge !!
https://youtu.be/G1HwKA0J-gU

Last edited:

italiahorse

You've been to look like an incredibly selfish, self-centred, arrogant and slimy individual on this thread.

What should I do ?
Join in with you and slag off and insult anybody that has a different opinion ?

No thanks, I'm a bigger man than that. Toughen up.

skybluetony176

Unless their opinion is to go to sixfields.....

FFS Nick. Of all the threads you could have closed for being boring you didn't pick this one. I swear most are just copy and pasting one of their often repeated posts.

How many times have you replied "unless they go to Sixfields" or a variation of in this thread?

You helped Grendull out by closing a thread where he was being made to look stupid by claiming it was getting boring why can't you do the same for Grendull and Italia with this one? Aside from anything else to call it the most boring thread in the history of SBT wouldn't be an exaggeration. You lot must be dizzy as fuck with the circles you keep going round in. Even I bowed out a while back, that's how bad it is.

Grendel

FFS Nick. Of all the threads you could have closed for being boring you didn't pick this one. I swear most are just copy and pasting one of their often repeated posts.

How many times have you replied "unless they go to Sixfields" or a variation of in this thread?

You helped Grendull out by closing a thread where he was being made to look stupid by claiming it was getting boring why can't you do the same for Grendull and Italia with this one? Aside from anything else to call it the most boring thread in the history of SBT wouldn't be an exaggeration. You lot must be dizzy as fuck with the circles you keep going round in. Even I bowed out a while back, that's how bad it is.

Helping me out. lol. You sound about 3 years old.

If you aren't interest in the subject matter why look?

Ah - I know - because I've posted and you need to see what I've said. It's become your main interest in life hasn't it?

skybluetony176

Helping me out. lol. You sound about 3 years old.

If you aren't interest in the subject matter why look?

Ah - I know - because I've posted and you need to see what I've said. It's become your main interest in life hasn't it?

I was talking to Nick you self centred, egomaniac, knob head.

Seems that me posting has given you something to post about though.

Good day to you.

Grendel

I was talking to Nick you self centred, egomaniac, knob head.

Seems that me posting has given you something to post about though.

Good day to you.

But oddly you mentioned me (well your juvenile play on words which in itself is amusing as I'm the most interesting thing in your life) twice.

Do you want to know how many times you've mentioned me in the last week?

Terry Gibson's perm

Had a letter home from my daughters school saying if you buy a Leicester ticket you can buy one for a team called Sale for one pound, the tickets must be flying:jerkit:

chiefdave

They've used that trick before. Pick one of the supposed 'big' games and to all intents and purposes give you a free ticket to another game.

I find all successful business give away their product for free :facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
Had a letter home from my daughters school saying if you buy a Leicester ticket you can buy one for a team called Sale for one pound, the tickets must be flying:jerkit:

I was randomly on a school website earlier...

wasps1Feb.jpg

Sick Boy

It's interesting that certain hypocrites decide to ignore this despite their anger at the claims that sisu handed out free in Northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread