Baker (1 Viewer)

skybluetom

After being stripped of the captaincy and not involved in the first pre season friendly is it safe to assume we're looking to get shot?

skybluetom

Better get ready for Pressley to go then because he made comments about getting back there during the week too, as well as the two new signings.

tom88

Well Baker is here so I doubt he is going anywhere maybe a slight knock. It would be bad to release him IMO. I believe he would be. Good impact player and always good for competition

junglej13

Baker was meant to start the 2nd half according to Kieran Crowley but apparently pulled up in training yesterday.

dongonzalos

Would have to pay him off to release him.
Definitely worth having for last season
He seems determined to prove himself as well after the captaincy issue.

RFC

Conspiracy theories are just great! Still has a year left on his contract and recently moved house. Doubt he's going anywhere soon?

skybluetom

I personally hadn't heard he was injured so maybe there isn't that much to be read into it. Why strip him of the captaincy though? And give it to somebody who arrived a week ago.

Samo

I personally hadn't heard he was injured so maybe there isn't that much to be read into it. Why strip him of the captaincy though? And give it to somebody who arrived a week ago.

Fresh start, new impetus, more suitable character?

skybluetom

Fresh start, new impetus, more suitable character?

The captain doesn't do anything really in a football team though, it's more a pride and ceremonial thing. There are leaders in every team, most don't wear armbands though. It just seemed to me the club went out the way the publicly humiliate Baker basically.

dongonzalos

Conspiracy theories are just great! Still has a year left on his contract and recently moved house. Doubt he's going anywhere soon?

Bloody hell a rare time I agree with you and you use that phrase 'conspiracy theorist!'

Most of the times that has been used to ridicule someone on here, a year or so down the line, it turned out they were bang on the money.

Last edited:

brinner

He has been told he can leave and find a new club, he dosent want to go but been told he wont be playing much as he is a high earner and a fair bit of that's made up with appearance bonuses.

Think its more a decision from the owners rather than pressley himself.

bigfatronssba

Yeah, I particularly like the one about how officials at CCC, ACL, the Sky Blue Trust, Yorkshire Bank, Gary Hoffman, and Joe Elliott all woke up one morning and decided they didn't like sisu anymore and would try and force them out.

Anyway, if the club haven't the money to pay his wages sisu wouldn't give a toss if he's just moved house or not.

skybluesam98

Saw him in his car driving out of the game and he had a strap round his wrist so I'm guessing that's why he didn't play, asked him if he was leaving the club and his reply was 'not anytime soon'

Chipfat

Moving, buying houses mean nothing,, length of contract and what's in the contract mean everything...If he has been told to find another club by SP his agent will find a club who are willing to offer more money if not he will see out his deal and wait until SP has to play him. I don't think we have enough depth or experience to lose him to be honest so at some point he know's he will get his chance...

Otis

Saw him in his car driving out of the game and he had a strap round his wrist so I'm guessing that's why he didn't play, asked him if he was leaving the club and his reply was 'not anytime soon'

I asked my missus last Saturday, 'are you buying any more new shoes?' To whch she replied, 'Not anytime soon.' By Monday she had 2 new pairs in the wardrobe.

Hobo

Tendinitis, another fucking keyboard warrior ;-) :)

Grendel

Ive spoke to Carl after the game, he was in the dugout and missed the game down to a sore shin!

He probably dropped his months pay on his leg.

Tommystours

Was in the "corporate" on the decking and Baker spoke to the guy next to me.he has a shin problem and is having a scan next week.

dongonzalos

He probably dropped his months pay on his leg.

Hope he gets paid a little bit more than some of our other creative midfielders. I may have it wrong,but I think he was our top assists man in the league, for the last two seasons on the bounce.

Last edited:

Grendel

Hope he gets paid a little bit more than some of our other creative midfielders. I may have it wrong,but I think he was our top assists man in the league, for the last two seasons on the bounce.

And for the first two seasons he was an embarrassment. He is shit.

Tommystours

It was mostly city fans and there was a stampede back inside with wet suits.on a serious note an 81 year old city fan had an angina attack.hope is is ok

Grendel

Maybe he just happens to consistently be one of our best players at this level then?

So what? He's an expensive luxury we can't afford. He's earned a good living at the club - I doubt he would have got it elsewhere. We need to move him on if we can.

dongonzalos

So what? He's an expensive luxury we can't afford. He's earned a good living at the club - I doubt he would have got it elsewhere. We need to move him on if we can.

Would rather we moved on back to Coventry where we would earn more money so we can afford our best players ;)

Users who are viewing this thread