Ballon d’Or (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Warthog is a wum troll knobhead as he's proved on many previous threads already, but ... I have to agree he's spot on all over this one.

Messi won this year on merit and fully deserved imo, in fact in a very grendell way warthog has tied you all up with your own arguments too.

There are possibly years where the right person hasn't won, but this isn't one of them.

Which argument? The one about winning a competition in South America with about 6 good players and 2 half decent sides ?

Assists ?

The one about barca being shit? They are but still finished 3rd in the league

Which argument mate ? Struggling to see it

clint van damme

To be honest it's so subjective that getting in a serious debate is pointless.
I don't care if Messi is the best or not, he's my favourite player to watch, much prefer watching him over Ronaldo, (Ronaldo 2 that is, not the real Ronaldo who was mesmerising).

Evo1883

Lewandowski

More goal involvements in 4 less matches

European golden shoe

Broke Gerd mullers bundesliga record

Won the bundesliga
Club world cup

Messi wins It for winning the Spanish Cup and a BTECH south american nations league and because he got more MOTM awards 😂

Come on now people , nobody was tied up in anything

clint van damme

Lewandowski

European golden shoe

Won the bundesliga
Club world cup

Messi wins It for winning the Spanish Cup and a BTECH nations league

They made a new award and gave it theLewandoski, maybe they were feeling guilty?

Evo1883

They made a new award and gave it theLewandoski, maybe they were feeling guilty?

That's exactly why they did it .

He also should have won it last year but it was cancelled .

Listen I'm a great admirer of greatness .
But I can also admit to facts ..

The copa America has never been worse , Brazil are a fraction of what they once were , as are the Argentines ... today its a poor Competion ... far removed from the days of Ronaldinho, batistuta , Romario, Ronaldo, Zanetti, Samuel, Carlos etc

I can't get on board with it , France did more to win the nations league and played better teams ( spain , belgium , croatia , portugal , sweden )for instance which proves its a tougher competition and nobody takes it seriously 🤔

Messi is great, an all time great ... but IMO he shouldn't have won this based on a copa America .

It's like using the Europa conference league In an argument

Warthog

Warthog is a wum troll knobhead as he's proved on many previous threads already, but ... I have to agree he's spot on all over this one.

Messi won this year on merit and fully deserved imo, in fact in a very grendell way warthog has tied you all up with your own arguments too.

There are possibly years where the right person hasn't won, but this isn't one of them.

@Evo1883 see what I mean about the abuse

Rob you shouldn’t be drinking on a school night.

Evo1883

For reference of my argument about the state of the copa America Screenshot_20211201-074722_Chrome.jpg
European rankings
Screenshot_20211201-074739_Chrome.jpg
South america

And even they are extremely generous to Brazil who are definitely not as good as many of the European sides

The nations league is harder

Evo1883

The USA and mexico are ranked higher than all but 2 South american sides 😆

rob9872

Some of these arguments are getting ridiculous now, rather than simply admit you might have it wrong. Look at the personal stats. This is a personal award, yet the only thing many of you negatively throw back against his justification are team results. Not that he he even scores badly there, but diminishing his achievements in poorer teams.

Evo1883

Some of these arguments are getting ridiculous now, rather than simply admit you might have it wrong. Look at the personal stats. This is a personal award, yet the only thing many of you negatively throw back against his justification are team results. Not that he he even scores badly there, but diminishing his achievements in poorer teams.

And individually , in less games , he had more goal involvements , so that blows the goals and assists away ..

So We are talking about presses ? Ball recoveries ? Dribbles ? Over a player who broke Gerd mullers record and won the European golden shoe ? Sorry not having it Rob.. you've tied yourself in a knot here mate 😉

Evo1883

😘
giphy.gif

skyblue1991

Which is what this place is for.

Just don’t say Saka is shit or @robbiekeane will call you a c**t and threaten to phone you.

Oh and if you dare talk about little mix @skyblue1991 will call you a c**t even though he’s a 30 year old Virgin who likes fleur east and thinks biamou is better than Godden
I don't care if you've been banned and you won't read this, you are a motherfucking wanker

Mucca Mad Boys

Lewandowski

European golden shoe

Won the bundesliga
Club world cup

Messi wins It for winning the Spanish Cup and a BTECH south american nations league and because he got more MOTM awards 😂

Come on now people , nobody was tied up in anything

Co’mon, Bayern Munich win the Bundesliga every year. They’d win the league without him too.

At this point, I don’t think you can justify someone winning the ballon d’or playing anywhere but the Premiership at the moment.

Mo Salah has got to be a shoe-in for the award in 2022 if Liverpool win the UCL or Prem.

Evo1883

Co’mon, Bayern Munich win the Bundesliga every year. They’d win the league without him too.

At this point, I don’t think you can justify someone winning the ballon d’or playing anywhere but the Premiership at the moment.

Mo Salah has got to be a shoe-in for the award in 2022 if Liverpool win the UCL or Prem.

I agree with you in regards to the state of European football , The Premier league is currently far and away the best
Problem is many in football are still romanced by the idea of Barcelona, real Madrid etc despite them being alot poorer than they probably have been for decades

Users who are viewing this thread