Barcelona (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

How on earth are they getting away with it. They owe Pique 42 Million and de Jong 17m yet brought in 2 players they can’t register and Lewedowski and Raphinha for a a combined total of +100m

they told de Jong they’ll give him 3.5m and he can forgo the rest…. Then upset that he won’t leave.

them and Real Madrid are absolute horrible clubs

Brighton Sky Blue

Laporta sold off a big chunk of their TV and commercial rights to bring in £600 million. It’s a one time cash boost that needs to immediately pay off to avoid them getting further in the shit as they’ve now lost the long term gains.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Laporta sold off a big chunk of their TV and commercial rights to bring in £600 million. It’s a one time cash boost that needs to immediately pay off to avoid them getting further in the shit as they’ve now lost the long term gains.
I get this but how are UEFA turning a blind eye to them just not paying contracts and buying new players.

like I said, they’ve turned round to De Jong and Said “fuck off to United and forget 14 million”

I’d love for them to collapse

Terry Gibson's perm

De Jong was daft he should have said no and they could have done nothing as if they stopped paying him he would have become a free agent and boom more money.

Hutch11

Them and Madrid have been at the forefront of paying monopoly money for players , now the money is in the English game they are selling the family silver just to compete
With Barca there's only one way it's going to go 🤞

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Them and Madrid have been at the forefront of paying monopoly money for players , now the money is in the English game they are selling the family silver just to compete
With Barca there's only one way it's going to go 🤞
This is what annoys me. They’ve been doing what PSG have been doing for years, as soon as someone else starts throwing money around - La Liga are kicking off to UEFA and everyone

SkyBlueCharlie9

I get this but how are UEFA turning a blind eye to them just not paying contracts and buying new players.

like I said, they’ve turned round to De Jong and Said “fuck off to United and forget 14 million”

I’d love for them to collapse
I hate the way Barcelona and Real operate. But we do need them to be up there with Bayern, PSG and Juventus etc. otherwise we just get top English clubs winning Champions League and getting more and more powerful. That is not healthy for competition in PL and knock-on effect in Championship ..... that's why I never want English clubs to win CL, just not healthy for the game.

TomRad85

I hate the way Barcelona and Real operate. But we do need them to be up there with Bayern, PSG and Juventus etc. otherwise we just get top English clubs winning Champions League and getting more and more powerful. That is not healthy for competition in PL and knock-on effect in Championship ..... that's why I never want English clubs to win CL, just not healthy for the game.
I agree, they are trying every trick in the book just to keep up with the obscene money in the English game. If they didn't we'd end up with Arab/US owned English clubs dominating Europe and I personally have no interest in seeing that.
Presumably they'll have to give in and sell up to Arabs/Yanks at some point themselves.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I get that but they’ve operated the same obscene way for years. They’re dreadful for tapping up players, and the Galacticos era arguably lead to English clubs trying to step up.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So the solution to a lack of competition is...a lack of competition?

If you're worried about a lack of competition in the PL wait until you hear about the Bundesliga and Ligue 1!

Or we could do things that might actually stop it being noncompetitive with things like squad limits for players, including U23 and a better compensation scheme for youngsters and transfers.

Otherwise it's akin to the U.S. argument of the only answer to people with guns is other people with guns.

Users who are viewing this thread