Barnet Pubs (1 Viewer)

tskezz

Any idea on away pubs nearer the ground yet? Going to have a few in the morning around central London but always nice to have a few just before you go in at a pub bouncing to Twist and Shout.

better days

Any idea on away pubs nearer the ground yet? Going to have a few in the morning around central London but always nice to have a few just before you go in at a pub bouncing to Twist and Shout.
A Barnet fan posted on here saying there are no local pubs in the immediate vicinity as it's a residential suburb but decent bars in the away section of the ground

MCB

Above is correct. Moranos is a ropey irish bar 30 seconds from Canons Park (Moranos, Canons Park, Middlesex, HA8 6RW - pub details # beerintheevening.com) no idea if will be open though.

The club are waiting to hear if they have been granted an early license (currently 12) which is ridiculous as requested as soon as the early kick off was known). But the bar under the away fans stand is probably the best in League 2 - probably the best facilities for away fans overall (yeh the stadiums a bit soulless but there you go, always better for away fans). If you're in London early, find a pub near Euston Square that opens early, then allow 45 mins for Euston Square-Wembley Park-Canons Park and then more time for stewwrds to check you don't have any dangerous inflatables with you.

Tommo72

Taken from the The Football Ground Guide..

Away supporters are treated to their own bar within the stadium, which is located behind the North Stand. This spacious bar has a large screen showing Sky Sports. It serves beers such as Fosters and Johns Smiths (£3.80) and Heineken (£4). The bar is open throughout the game and for a short time after the final whistle. The only downside is that the beer is served in plastic glasses.

There is also the Hive Bar at the stadium but this is for home fans only. The nearest pub is Moranos on Station Road, only a short walk from Canons Park Underground Station (come out of the station, turn right and it is in the row of shops further down on the right). This Irish themed wine bar is quite comfortable and has a number of large screens showing the early kick off on BT Sport. It is then only around a 10 minute walk to the away turnstiles, cutting through the playing fields (see by Tube below).

Quite close to Kingsbury Tube Station there is a Wetherspoons pub called JJ Moons (which will be familiar to many who have travelled to Wembley Stadium which is not far away). If travelling on the Jubilee Line from Central London, then Kingsbury is only two stops before Canons Park. The address of the pub is 553 Kingsbury Road. Simply turn left out of the station and the pub is down on the left.

Tommo72

Above is correct. Moranos is a ropey irish bar 30 seconds from Canons Park (Moranos, Canons Park, Middlesex, HA8 6RW - pub details # beerintheevening.com) no idea if will be open though.

The club are waiting to hear if they have been granted an early license (currently 12) which is ridiculous as requested as soon as the early kick off was known). But the bar under the away fans stand is probably the best in League 2 - probably the best facilities for away fans overall (yeh the stadiums a bit soulless but there you go, always better for away fans). If you're in London early, find a pub near Euston Square that opens early, then allow 45 mins for Euston Square-Wembley Park-Canons Park and then more time for stewwrds to check you don't have any dangerous inflatables with you.

Moranos gets decent reviews so it’s likely to get very busy if they open at 11am? Is it suitable for a 12 year old lad...as in not dodgy?

MCB

Lol - decent reviews as it's the only place to get beer within a massive radius. It's small, and a crossover between an Irish Lounge bar and someone's front room. Outside of football it's occupied by a couple of irish blokes soothing their guinness. It will be fine for a 12 year old (possibly won't let children in, so you may need to nurse your drink outside) but absolutely no edginess.

Fairly certain this will be the least hostile game you've been to, Barnet has had absolutely no edgy element to it since the early 80's. Worst that may happen to you is that some of our fans may want to chat to you about SISU and you'll have to repeat yourself for the 20 millionth time. If that happens get them to buy you a pint, should guarantee some peace.

Tommo72

Lol - decent reviews as it's the only place to get beer within a massive radius. It's small, and a crossover between an Irish Lounge bar and someone's front room. Outside of football it's occupied by a couple of irish blokes soothing their guinness. It will be fine for a 12 year old (possibly won't let children in, so you may need to nurse your drink outside) but absolutely no edginess.

Fairly certain this will be the least hostile game you've been to, Barnet has had absolutely no edgy element to it since the early 80's. Worst that may happen to you is that some of our fans may want to chat to you about SISU and you'll have to repeat yourself for the 20 millionth time. If that happens get them to buy you a pint, should guarantee some peace.

To be honest it’s often more hostile from our own fans these days.....

What sort of crowd you expecting?

MCB

Genuinely cannot predict the crowd for this. Unrest amongst the fanbase, poor recent results, 12:30 kick off, and piss poor promotion of what would be excellent deals the club have put in place for this game.

It's a shame, as we 7 players missing that would be starting tomorrow, we've been hit badly by the new loan regulations, so are throwing too many youngsters into playing too many minutes as we have no alternative. I think only Luton have the squad in this division that i've seen to cope with that kind of injury record - a real shame as our first XI is a match for any other in this league, but we don't have the experience to handle it. Our manager is excellent, the youngest in the league, but taking unfair flak as a result of things beyond his control. We also have 3 players frozen out of the squad - as witnessed on Tuesday we'd prefer to play 16 year olds than 29 year olds with 200 league games - purely to try and get them to move on, but suspicion this demand is being made elsewhere.

So, we could have had a decent crowd (for us) - my suspicions are that we will be outnumbered by Coventry City fans.

better days

Genuinely cannot predict the crowd for this. Unrest amongst the fanbase, poor recent results, 12:30 kick off, and piss poor promotion of what would be excellent deals the club have put in place for this game.

It's a shame, as we 7 players missing that would be starting tomorrow, we've been hit badly by the new loan regulations, so are throwing too many youngsters into playing too many minutes as we have no alternative. I think only Luton have the squad in this division that i've seen to cope with that kind of injury record - a real shame as our first XI is a match for any other in this league, but we don't have the experience to handle it. Our manager is excellent, the youngest in the league, but taking unfair flak as a result of things beyond his control. We also have 3 players frozen out of the squad - as witnessed on Tuesday we'd prefer to play 16 year olds than 29 year olds with 200 league games - purely to try and get them to move on, but suspicion this demand is being made elsewhere.

So, we could have had a decent crowd (for us) - my suspicions are that we will be outnumbered by Coventry City fans.

Bloody hell you sound like us last season...............

tskezz

At least it not just City fans that are as optimistic as you haha. Nice one for the pub guide though!!

Darren P

Good Morning All, Barnet Fan here and I hope you all enjoy you day out tomorrow. As a local to the area, and Moranos as my local, I can highly recommend Morano's and have just received a message from the Owner (Rosie) to say that they will be opening from 9am tomorrow morning for away fans only, children are welcome as well. On the same parade of shops, you will find a very good café, Tesco's, Newsagent, Kebab House and a Betfred.

Situated 100 meters to the right of the exit of Canons Park Station on the Jubilee line. Moranos is the closet bar to The Hive Stadium, . The entrance to The Hive is 200 meters away would leave you a brisk 10 minute to Barnet's new ground.

A wide range of beverages on draught and bottles are available but due to matchday regulations will be in plastic's only, Unfortunately, they don't not serve food, but this can be brought in from one of the other establishments on the parade. All they ask is that you dispose of your litter in one of the bins on the parade.

Sky and BT Sports and will be on over multiple channels on all of our 5 screens

Tommo72

Also the club have just received notification that they have extended opening hours from 10:30 so you can start drinking in the away fans bar from then.

News | Club receives confirmation of Licensing Hours extension

Would receommend Morano's or the Away fans bar - journey to the ground takes longer than you think from Euston!

Without wanting to sound thick does that mean access to the ground from 10.30am or are the bars open externally?

Darren P

Without wanting to sound thick does that mean access to the ground from 10.30am or are the bars open externally?

Good evening, Bar 66, which is the designated away bar, is situated under the away stand, this will be open from 10.30 then access to the stand will normally be 90 mins before kick off. As a Barnet fan, you have the best away bar and facilities that I think you will see for a long time, enjoy your day

Tommo72

Very helpful Darren, cheers.

Looks like a couple in the Irish bar then onto the ground #PUSB

We looking at 3,000 plus tomorrow then?

Darren P

Lets hope so, we are in a bit of a bad run, but playing good football without the rewards, Moranos is a class bar and you will be treated like royalty, the Irish’s know how to greet you, and like I said the away bar is amazing, I kid you not

Users who are viewing this thread