Barry Town FC set to be pulled from the Welsh league (1 Viewer)

Jimthor

A mate of mine is a Barry Town supporter, and it looks like their madman owner is ready to close the team down. 10 years ago they were beating Porto in Europe, now it looks like they're going to be shut down in their centenary year. Pretty sad stuff, something i think that any football fan should fight against.

I think the fans are still taking stock of the news and trying to think of what to do next. For the meantime, my mate runs a page on twitter @StandUpForBarry, which is trying to raise awareness of it. They're currently trying to encourage people to use the hashtag #SaveBarryTownFC. So if you tweet, please give your followers a shoutout about what's happening and use the hashtag!

I'd hate to think what it'd be like if we had Cov taken away for us, and for the Barry Town fans that's their reality. And since there's not many of them to make a noise about it, it should be down to the rest of the UK's football fans to help make a noise of it, imo.

Jimthor

As far as my knowledge of it goes, they were taken over by Fashanu just under 10 years ago, got pretty screwed up financially and went down, and got taken over by a complete nutter who's slowly destroyed the place. Apparently he did stuff like banning the supporters club and stuff like that. And now he's planning to withdraw them from the league.

This is a good little read, outlines some of the outrageous stuff that's gone on, and what looks set to happen:
http://www.forzabarry.blogspot.com/

Jimthor

Not seen anything about a facebook page, will let you know if i spot one.

This is a GREAT read explaining the whole situation, from the height of Barry Town's success all the way down to being on the brink of being sold to become a cocktail bar.
http://iwishiwasmulder.tumblr.com/post/5524447008/the-imminent-death-of-barry-town-fc

If you can't be arsed to read it in full, basically, a bloke takes over the club, and does things like this:

Supporters were labelled as ‘moaners’ during his statements to the press. And whenever he was criticised, no matter how big or how small, his ultimate response was to;
BAN SUPPORTERS FROM THE CLUB.
What the hell? You need to accept and rise to criticism in life. Never throw your toys out of the pram, especially at a profession.
So with die-hard supporters, who have helped fund and raise money, travelled across Wales and Europe for their team were now not allowed to watch games. Talk about a curb stomp!
Anyway.. the following then happened under his regime.

• He got rid of the whole squad and management twice.
  • He allegedly sabotaged the stadium’s PA system whenever Barry FC wanted to use it.
  • He put the club up for sale 3 times, but raised the price the moment people have come in to buy it.
  • He named himself as a substitute.
  • When manager Gavin Chesterfield left, he advertised the new manager’s postion, but the ‘lucky winner’ would have to invest £15,000.
  • He has cost the club league points by failing to complete administration.
  • He publicly branded supporters as ‘traitors’ for boycotting games.
  • My friend was witness to empty take-away boxes and mattresses on the floor in one of rooms at the club when attending a ‘job interview’.
These are just a few I can thing of off the top of my head. But now here it is.
As of immediate action, Stuart Lovering has pulled Barry Town Football Club out of the Welsh League.
The reason? To become a cocktail bar.

Users who are viewing this thread