Barton i just trod in something (1 Viewer)

4waspsting

This has got to be the worst piece of dirt ever to put on a city shirt

Moff

he is no good being quality one week then being a total twat the next game the guy is a total waste of legs mind you many more of the squad are

I am no Barton fan, but trust me I have seen a lot worse, and that depresses me quite a lot.

Malaka

I concur, he is shocking, one dimensional and rarely finds another Sky Blue shirt, but there are a few other tools on the pitch who are just as bad.

stupot07

I'm no barton fan either, but to be fair to him, he's being played out of position on the right hand side of midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I'm no barton fan either, but to be fair to him, he's being played out of position on the right hand side of midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I wish he'd stay out there instead of drifting inside and then giving the ball away. :D

stupot07

I wish he'd stay out there instead of drifting inside and then giving the ball away. :D

Yep, that's the problem, a CM playing wide wants to drift in central. He was poor today, as was everyone bar Proschwitz.

Gaz71

Always makes me laugh with the Barton comments, he passed the ball back today and everyone around me moaned and shouted abuse, Ward did the same and got applause? Ward lost possession several times today and misplaced a few passes and there was nothing from the crowd, but feel if that was Barton he would have got the same boos and jeers as normal, still not sure how our home support expect this to help one of our players on the pitch, is it a coincidence that Barton tends to have better performances away from home where the fans always give him a good reception?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hobo

This has got to be the worst piece of dirt ever to put on a city shirt

He was the first player Mowbray highlighted as having a bit of extra quality in training. Now there might be a bit of massaging an ego there? But he has selected him consistently.

But who else is there in this squad?

4waspsting

Always makes me laugh with the Barton comments, he passed the ball back today and everyone around me moaned and shouted abuse, Ward did the same and got applause? Ward lost possession several times today and misplaced a few passes and there was nothing from the crowd, but feel if that was Barton he would have got the same boos and jeers as normal, still not sure how our home support expect this to help one of our players on the pitch, is it a coincidence that Barton tends to have better performances away from home where the fans always give him a good reception?

the whole team should be sent to the vets they where dog shit nhow can you support this rabble i have seen better offal

Terry Gibson's perm

The whole midfield is a problem Ward,Barton and Fleck seem to be in competition to see who can play the deepest and JOB just runs around a lot producing nothing. I think Barton was lucky to get to half time I would have hooked him at 35 minutes! But he is not the worse person to wear the shirt.

wingy

He want responsible for any of the goals today
Plenty of culprits to pick from there
Yes he gave a couple away but I'd wager his his pass completion Is no worse than any of the midfieldrrs

skybluepm2

Yes he gave a couple away but I'd wager his his pass completion Is no worse than any of the midfieldrrs

He didn't have the best of games but he has improved on the whole since TM's arrival.

If there is to be a scapegoat today, look for further than that waste of space between the sticks. Normal service well and truly resumed.

Hobo

Sometimes pass completion is just uninspired safety though isn't it. You expect Barton and Fleck to be pushing the boundaries a bit. Being creative is about taking the occasional risk after spotting an opportunity. On the other hand if people are static and not making runs it is inevitable you go side ways and backwards to maintain that pass completion rate.

RFC

He's a luxury we can not afford to gamble with and very, very rarely shoots when in great positions in the final third.

Carrying him far too many times, surprised he even reached HT?

Grendel

I doubt he will get a contract with any league club next season.

Even Sisu wouldn't be dumb enough to give him a contract.

Then again......Fleck

wingy

He didn't have the best of games but he has improved on the whole since TM's arrival.

If there is to be a scapegoat today, look for further than that waste of space between the sticks. Normal service well and truly resumed.

If that was the case it's unfortunate
It was a concern of many of us on here how he'd cope when push came to shove In a pressurised run of games
He's surprised me on the whole and suppressed those doubts until today
So will that gamble by Waggot set al bite us on the bum
I hope not, blue it will be testy down at Crawley next week
On another point I thought Phillips was heavily culpable for the first.
Highly Ineffective backing into the box when he should have the guy down the touchline IMO

SlowerThanPlatt

Tbh he's an alright player, certainly not the worst on our books, but he adds absolutely nothing to the team whatsoever. We are effectively carrying him. Same with Fleck and Nouble too. Like for O'Brien for example he's chipped in with a couple of goals and at least makes his presence known around the pitch. We have too many players who just want to take a back seat and let the game unfold

stupot07

It was a concern of many of us on here how he'd cope when push came to shove In a pressurised run of games
Highly Ineffective backing into the box when he should have the guy down the touchline IMO

To be fair, where was the right midfielder (barton) for the first? He should have been then providing support and cover for phillips.

Great_Expectations

Always makes me laugh with the Barton comments, he passed the ball back today and everyone around me moaned and shouted abuse, Ward did the same and got applause? Ward lost possession several times today and misplaced a few passes and there was nothing from the crowd, but feel if that was Barton he would have got the same boos and jeers as normal

Completely agree with this. He was poor today and he isn't necessarily a stand out player, but the criticism he gets is unfair, especially in comparison to the praise others get for performing the same tasks e.g. "backward" passing.

The majority of fans made their mind up about Barton a while ago and act accordingly, everything he does is greeted with groans and moans. While favourites such as Nouble and JOB (until recently anyway) get away with murder. Barton and Fleck are similar players, in that they like to receive the ball to feet and drop deep to get it. Fleck gives the ball away a lot more than Barton, yet rarely are his performances met with the disdain of Bartons.

For Bartons faults, he isn't scared to receive the ball and makes himself an option. He doesn't hide. Generally speaking, he retains the ball well, while his passing may be short, or sideways or backwards, it's important to have a player who recycles the ball in the team.

I don't envy any of the midfield, the options when they have the ball are limited. Proschwitz offers the same option every time with limited movement, while Nouble hides.

Agree completely. Barton was in my opinion our best player at Bristol last week but in the telegraph "rate the players" he came in the bottom 3. Today he started well but the moment he misplaces a pass the crowd slaughter him and it's game over, can't trap a bag of sand once the crowd has turned on him. We'll never have a good home record at the Ricoh until people realise that their constant jeering and abuse of our players is affecting their performance in home games.

skybluepm2

I don't think he's the right kind of player for us and I would be extremely surprised if he was here next season. Maddison has to start ahead of him next week. I would also drop Nouble for either Jackson or Tudgay to give him a kick up the arse. We may get a reaction from him off the bench then. I would also register Oggy and play him ahead of Burge.

I will watch the goals again later but I think you may be right. They appeared to have acres of space down the flank supposedly occupied by Phillips...burge still should've held onto it though. And also the 2nd which he claimed he was fouled for yet got nowhere near the ball. However, giving away such a needless free kick in the build up in such a dangerous position is unforgivable. I'm not sure who the culprit was, possibly Stokes?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Barton twists, turns, flick, dummies, nutmegs, spins, looks good, usually moves 20 yards sideways and then finally passes the ball sideways or back. He does in 10 touches what most players can do in 2.
He doesn't hurt the opposition. They know it, we know it.

Terry Gibson's perm

I doubt he will get a contract with any league club next season.

Even Sisu wouldn't be dumb enough to give him a contract.

Then again......Fleck

Just before half time I said to the guy who sits next to me I wonder what career Barton will have after the summer when his never ending contract must run out, my thought was playing a guitar somewhere or maybe the MLS or A League.

Users who are viewing this thread