BBC LATE KICK OFF NEEDS YOU (again!.....) (1 Viewer)

derbyskyblue

I do know what effect Robbie Savage can have on people guys. I know he's a great self publicist - but for us, like we're talking about him now - he gets peoples reactions! One of our regular pundits has been Dean Kiely and he's been absolutely brilliant with so many valuable points to make. He's been one of the best! I think out of our 13 programmes Robbie's only done half.

I've got a broken elbow at the moment, and what did Robbie do....he belts me on it twice! yes, it brought tears to my eyes and yes he sincerely apologised (and yes I'm typing one handed at the mo!) but that's just him.

In reality, off the pitch he's a good family man, he cares for his dad who's got alzheimers and is tcurrently rying to carve out a media career for himself.

I sound like a huge robbie fan don't I (I'm a stoke city fan and yes it's taken a while)....I just know underneath it all he's a genuine person. that's it.
The fact is that every team in this division wants a robbie savage, albeit maybe 10 years younger!!!:D

Nick

Administrator
The fact is that every team in this division wants a robbie savage, albeit maybe 10 years younger!!!:D

I agree, even now he can run the show without going out of the centre circle but doesn't mean I want to hear about it all of the time.

Steve Claridge may just go on about Leicester but at least he doesn't make it about him....

I think the point has been made that he gets a reaction, that reaction is people not watching when he is on...

Laura @ The BBC

Thank you for giving me some reassurances that it's not my reports then....but what gets your goat is Savage!.....yes I do understand where you're coming from.

Some of you may remember me saying that CCFC is like fort knox. It's been like lock down, can't get permission to film training, interviews are limited, no access behind the scenes and yet I'm trying (and trying, and trying) you bring you a different feature/angle on your team. Again, it's been very hard work. That's why you may feel you've not had as much coverage as other championship teams.

Not defending Savage, but he's got 10 pundit appearances booked already with MOTD next season, 5 features booked for Football Focus and 30 appearances for ESPN. So for the time being guys - he's being booked for a reason.

and just to let you know for those who haven't tuned in - bbc late kick off in the midlands has won the best regional sports programme in europe today! we just found out and we're over the moon. I've never won anything in my life like that - so for once....I'm speechless!.....I am!!!!!! :)

Nick

Administrator
Congratulations on the award! :)

Maybe you could remind him about this? I can't see why he is being booked, you just need to look on Twitter or Google to see that shows will lose viewers if they know he is on.

[video=youtube;UZM8HPOGbv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZM8HPOGbv8[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread