BBC- please don't cover the 'home games' unless they are in Coventry (1 Viewer)

skybluericoh

I'll get my tin hat for this one. I think the BBC should 'boycott' everything to do with Sixfields. No commentary, match reports, press conferences that refer to Northampton, etc just do not report it. Starve them of any advertising to do with playing there. They would not need to pay the club for media rights, the same with the Telegraph. Have full match commentary of Leamington or Nuneaton.

TheUKGryphon

Disagree entirely. For those fans boycotting Northampton as I intend to, the BBC become our eyes and ears to our beloved club. A BBC boycott will mean that more fans will end up paying more money to the SISU scumbags! NOT ONE PENNY MORE!

stupot07

So you want NOPM but that allows fans to go to away games only, which is seen as ok....but you're not allowed to listen to the 'home' games on the radio?

chiefdave

Yep. BBC have to cover the games. They cannot be seen to take sides.

they have to cover the game, nothing to say they have to provide commentary and have Cov as the main game. it comes down to demand, if more people would rather them cover something else they will be, most likely Nuneaton. Can't see it happening tho, surely those that are boycotting games will still want to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread