Beckham rules out top job (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

David-Beckham-Zurich-England-2018-World-Cup-b_2536249.jpg
David Beckham has reiterated that he does not want to become England manager but he hopes to be involved with the national team in some form if the 2018 World Cup bid is successful.
The 115-time senior international commented on his personal career when delivering an excellent performance in his role as a 2018 bid ambassador at a press conference in Zurich on Wednesday morning ahead of Thursday's Fifa vote.
It has been debated whether Beckham can still play on the field for England and manager Fabio Capello has previously said that the 35-year-old midfielder is too old, although he has also insisted that the door is never completely closed.
Capello is leaving his post in 2012 and so will not be involved if the World Cup comes to Britain six years later, but patriot Beckham, who would be 43, hopes that he can feature.
Asked if he could play at 2018, Beckham said with a smile: "Never say never. Forty-three is not that old."

Special

He added on a serious note: "I would love to be a part of that World Cup if it does come to our country.
"I have always said that I don't want to be England manager, so that still stands.
"But to be part of it would be special.
"Everyone who is from England and has watched the sporting events that we have in our country realises how passionate our people are and how passionate our fans get behind the team.
"I have never seen that anywhere else in the world. I have never seen the support that we get, the excitement that you get from a big competition.
"So to be part of that, to know that in 2018 my sons could be going to a World Cup game, that would be special."

Users who are viewing this thread