Bedwetting but (1 Viewer)

Matt smith

It is slightly starting to remind me of the Mowbray relegation season in some ways. I had full faith in Mowbray and remember him saying judge him after 10 games. I think he resigned after the 10th because he knew the side he'd assembled was shite. I sort of get a similar feeling from Robins that he knows we are deep in the shit.
Fair comment, can see the comparison

Reactions: KAB

nicksar

If the next few months go as badly as they seriously could then I don’t think anyone’s job is safe bar MR and Viveash
Robins and Viveash have done a fantastic job impossible to deny that but nothing lasts forever.
Doug King has spent a fortune on the training ground and the pitch at the CBS (all at Robins request), it's well documented he's very "hands on"... he'll be having a good think about/look at the overall picture I reckon.

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins and Viveash have done a fantastic job impossible to deny that but nothing lasts forever.
Doug King has spent a fortune on the training ground and the pitch at the CBS (all at Robins request), it's well documented he's very "hands on".
I’m thinking more because they’re both on 4 year contracts. Maybe they would walk before being pushed but can’t see it with that kind of pay out on offer.

San Francisco

We’ve shown very little so far this season that would suggest we’ll turn this around and suddenly become a good side. We’ve barely created any chances, look very weak defensively and only seem capable of playing for the first 45 minutes. Feels like those who are confident we are going to be fine are basing it purely off the fact we finished 5th last year and spent a ton of money and not on any of the actual football on display on the pitch.

Exactly. The same muppets on here with their toxic positivity telling us to "trust the process", "trust Robins", "they need time to gel" and all that bollocks are in reality just completely naive and don't want to admit that we're actually in deep shit.

To have any chance of turning this around we'll need to sign a couple decent Hamer-esque midfielders in January which will be impossible if we're milling around bottom 6 all season.

Last edited:

SkyblueTexan

Robins doesn't seem worried so I won't panic too much just yet.
He needs to wake up then. We’ve blown leads vs Swansea, Hull, Huddersfield. Leicester and missed a penalty vs Watford. That’s like 9 extra points we’re missing. Our performances and body language are going from bad to worse. This ship is sinking fast and if players are shy/quiet and if MR doesn’t see a problem and is going to continue using lame excuses then we’re in deep trouble. With each loss or lost point, the will to fight on will diminish. That losing mentality will set in and is very hard to shake off. If things are going to turn around for the better it has to happen now.

StrettoBoy

Can anyone tell me what our style of play is?

Are we a possession team or a counter-attacking direct team? It's been 8 games and I cannot work out what the plan is...

We don't get the ball forward quickly enough to be a counter-attacking team.

I think we are a play-it-around-slowly-in- midfield sort of possession side.

:(

fatso

Other than Mcfadz who must be on his last year now the others need to be moved on anyway.

Kelly needs to go, Godden and Allen ok as squad players but really we should have been looking to level up from them by now as well.

If I was new to the club and Kelly wasn't sure I was up to the level required I would be a bit bemused myself.

Perhaps some of the issues this season is from the old guard having to much influence on the club and Robins at the moment?
Kelly got m.o.m.
Eccles was in last seasons side that got to Wembley,
Fadz is the only one holding the defence together.

It's the clueless fans that are blaming these 3.

Look at Ayari, he was shite tonight, or Bobby Thomas who couldn't pass wind never mind a football.
Or Simms and Godden who couldn't hold the ball up, or Sakamoto who continually lost possetion, or Wright who's just shit.

Kelly and Eccles don't have any movement in front of them so have to pass backwards.

Otis

After my thread about highlighting that we were a Sheaf injury away from a Kelly/Eccles midfield - which would be (and has proved correctly) to be a problem.. I was just about to start a thread questioning whether we are worse than we were first season back up.....
I am feeling that we are.....
Well, you have summed part of it up quite nicely.

But I don't think we are a bad side at all.

We were literally seconds away from a win and then so much of this overreaction (not you) simply wouldn't have happened.

If we had, had Sheaf last night, or Allen in from the start (he's clearly working himself back to full match fitness), I think we would have comfortably won the game.

I still think it's too early to be writing players off just yet and stuff like "Wright, get out of my club" are just utterly ridiculous.

We are all aware that an Eccles/Kelly combination isn't really strong enough for us to be a contender is this division.

Ayari looks a little lost to me and not quite ready to take on the mantle of midfield general. He is still only 19 and I don't think we should rely on him just yet.

Sheaf is a massive player for us and Allen last night showed what he brings to the team when he's included.

We definitely seem short in midfield. Robins does seem frustrated and it seems we couldn't get the player(s) we needed to fill Gus Hamer's boots.

But anyway, I am not too disheartened. We were much the better side in that first half and though Huddersfield were all over us for a period in the second half and should have equalised, when we brought Wright and Allen on (especially) it turned the game back in our favour and we seemed certain to win.

I still think we will come good. We need Sheaf back though and Allen back in the side and hopefully, O'Hare back in the fold too.

And I do rate Palmer. But mainly only as an impact player off from the bench.

I think we will be fine. Only a few games ago people were saying how shit Simms is and he seems now to have found his feet at last. And I still think Wright will be okay for us.

There's just too many lapses and slip ups at the back right now. I do believe that can be rectified.

Van Ewijk looks good and Binks looked very good last night. I think Thomas IS a good player, but going through a rough patch.

I think Robins felt forced to play Sakamoto last night, but he really doesn't fit our style of play does he.

Robins suddenly hasn't become a bad manager overnight. We should have addressed the midfield situation in the transfer window, but fans WERE excited when Ayari was announced and losing Sheaf and Allen has been a big blow.

Keep the faith.

TomRad85

I also am starting to feel some sympathy for Mr King at this point, he has been taken for an absolute ride by the recruitment team after entrusting a huge transfer windfall with them.

As for the players, there needs to be a serious team meeting held before QPR. Extra training if needed or if not that then extra team bonding time.
Indeed. The worry is we desperately need the Hamer money but you could not blame King at all for holding on to it now.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

I hate some of the bed wetting that happens on here, but, as I said on the match thread, unfortunately there’s some substance to it now.

We have no playing style at all, made worse by the fact we have no get out of jail cards like we did last year with Hamer and Gyokeres.

The team seems to be lacking leadership and it just feels very off at the minute. We’re miles away from the team and positively of last year.

The terrible start last year was softened by knowing we had game changers or caveated by the off field nonsense. The first season up we all knew we had a very L1 team, so expectations were low.

This year off field stuff is positive and on field we’ve spent a lot of money on a team supposed to be fighting for promotion.

The signing of Kitching, Sakamoto and Wright are questionable right now; Kitching as we’re overstocked at the back and we paid a lot and Saka as he looks a player but doesn’t fit our system. Wright as it stands looks poor, but I do think he’ll come good - albeit I’m sure what that level of good is.

The midfield is rightly being blamed for an inability to create - and that is a major problem. However even if the strikers are feeding on scraps, being unable to control a ball or making poor decisions isn’t the midfields fault.

All that being said, any relegation talk is absolute nonsense. We have big players to come back, Simms will find form and be an asset and more importantly MR has transformed this team multiple times and he’ll have to do the same again now.

Otis

I hate some of the bed wetting that happens on here, but, as I said on the match thread, unfortunately there’s some substance to it now.

We have no playing style at all, made worse by the fact we have no get out of jail cards like we did last year with Hamer and Gyokeres.

The team seems to be lacking leadership and it just feels very off at the minute. We’re miles away from the team and positively of last year.

The terrible start last year was softened by knowing we had game changers or caveated by the off field nonsense. The first season up we all knew we had a very L1 team, so expectations were low.

This year off field stuff is positive and on field we’ve spent a lot of money on a team supposed to be fighting for promotion.

The signing of Kitching, Sakamoto and Wright are questionable right now; Kitching as we’re overstocked at the back and we paid a lot and Saka as he looks a player but doesn’t fit our system. Wright as it stands looks poor, but I do think he’ll come good - albeit I’m sure what that level of good is.

The midfield is rightly being blamed for an inability to create - and that is a major problem. However even if the strikers are feeding on scraps, being unable to control a ball or making poor decisions isn’t the midfields fault.

All that being said, any relegation talk is absolute nonsense. We have big players to come back, Simms will find form and be an asset and more importantly MR has transformed this team multiple times and he’ll have to do the same again now.
Relegation talk IS nonsense.

Especially after only 8 games in.

clint van damme

We have these types of threads all the time though. Go back to this time last year and it was exactly the same.

One day they'll prove to be correct and people will be saying 'I told you so!'.

I have some grave concerns about what I'm seeing, but let's not pretend this type of reaction is unusual.

Flying Fokker

When you look at us we look utter shite

-The midfield is pedestrian and dead on its feet by 70 every game
-Injuries
-Haji Wright is a serious donkey. Really awful waste of money, leaving us with Godden and A misfiring Simms as goalscorers
-The defence cannot play out from the back like we did last year, the amount of times we just make pointless cut out passes
-we've been leathered over the equivalent of 2 full games, by Cardiff, Hull and Huddersfield. They wont be any higher than mid table

I am starting to get really really worried that we have had our biggest window of opportunity to invest and push this club forward in 20 years, and we've spaffed the lot up the wall and ended up fighting at the wrong end of the table come April

Im sure il get abuse for this, but after a conversation earlier I think a few more of you may be worried. Its not a happy camp, its a quiet, shy camp and those who have been here a while have concerns at the level of player they now have as colleagues
So the team can’t function without a Hamer or Gyokeres in the changing room?

This is where the back room staff need to develop players, not everyone is a narcissistic entertainer, but I think the team dynamic is key to our progress.

shmmeee

So the team can’t function without a Hamer or Gyokeres in the changing room?

This is where the back room staff need to develop players, not everyone is a narcissistic entertainer, but I think the team dynamic is key to our progress.

It’s so weird. It’s always been something we’ve been spot on with, player attitude. How have we managed to not just sign duds but lazy pussies as well?

Flying Fokker

From my info, The main thing from what you would describe as 'the old guard' player wise at the club (you all know who them players will.be), is they were the ones who would be able to rally the rest, get a rocket up arses, an arm round the shoulder if needed etc get it into the heads of the other players how big this club is/can be and what it means to us, the supporters. You could see people buy into that, even loan players, Doyle, Norton Cuffy, Maatsen, etc over the seasons

Thats been attempted , and basically had fuck all effect thus far. If that doesn't change I really fear the camaraderie between players, bond with fans etc will fall to shit.
Bring back Andy Thorn and Russell Slade to motivate the players. They have a special place in our history.

larry_david

It’s not.
Course it fucking is. Have you watched Sheffield wednesday play yet? Rotherham? Watch them and you'll be begging to be a cov fan again. We've lost two games in 8. We may not be winning but we don't get beat. Stop making a tit of yourself on here, I'm genuine asking you to.

Last night you were on the verge of a breakdown and I'm praying you're a wind up merchant because if you're not, God help you when you grow up and the world really throws some shit at you

Matt smith

Course it fucking is. Have you watched Sheffield wednesday play yet? Rotherham? Watch them and you'll be begging to be a cov fan again. We've lost two games in 8. We may not be winning but we don't get beat. Stop making a tit of yourself on here, I'm genuine asking you to.

Last night you were on the verge of a breakdown and I'm praying you're a wind up merchant because if you're not, God help you when you grow up and the world really throws some shit at you
Have you watched us play, I’m genuinely asking whether you see positive signs? Appreciate we’re tough to beat, but we’ve won one in 8.

Garlana86

I miss when we were exciting to watch, at least vs Leicester we were in that game and looked like a team with intent, we all know the main difference from that team to our current though.

It was those few occasions last night where a ball was played long to wright and he just didn't seem to want to hold it up. So when we don't have control and possession of the ball like in the first half, we don't seem to have many routes to relieve the pressure.

Liam Kelly getting motm last night is a worry, not for him as he did the best for his ability, but relying on him at this point isn't good enough. I'd put my house on Hamer or fitting replacement running that game last night.

Flying Fokker

Realistically, it’ll be a dull, frustrating season; we’ll finish mid-table.

We’ve spent the gyokeres money and all hoped for better, but we’re not where we want to be.

We need a new midfield, hopefully the Hamer funds will be spent well.

We were desperately close last season, but didn’t get there.

Its shit, but I do trust Robins.
It’s not dull, the football up the CBS has tailed off a bit…. Huddersfield played to our weaknesses.

TomRad85

Seconds away from 3 points yesterday, seemingly having the game won.

It's the slip ups at the back that is killing us late on in games.

That will be worked on.
Come on, we were awful, especially second half. I thought we'd at least gloss over it with 3 points but typically we couldn't even do that. We got entirely what we deserved.

Matt smith

Come on, we were awful, especially second half. I thought we'd at least gloss over it with 3 points but typically we couldn't even do that. We got entirely what we deserved.

Thought it was gonna be the gods looking down on us to grind that out, obviously not

Flying Fokker

Doug King has spent a fortune on the training ground and the pitch at the CBS (all at Robins request), it's well documented he's very "hands on"... he'll be having a good think about/look at the overall picture I reckon.
The work that Doug has done off the pitch needed to be done anyway.

Flying Fokker

Kelly got m.o.m.
Eccles was in last seasons side that got to Wembley,
Fadz is the only one holding the defence together.

It's the clueless fans that are blaming these 3.

Look at Ayari, he was shite tonight, or Bobby Thomas who couldn't pass wind never mind a football.
Or Simms and Godden who couldn't hold the ball up, or Sakamoto who continually lost possetion, or Wright who's just shit.

Kelly and Eccles don't have any movement in front of them so have to pass backwards.
So the pep talk is over lads, go out and prove fatso wrong.😀

Otis

I think a draw was fair.

Total domination in the first half, Huddersfield well in control in the second, but the last 15 mins or so we looked a lot more in control again

I think a draw was fair.

clint van damme

It’s so weird. It’s always been something we’ve been spot on with, player attitude. How have we managed to not just sign duds but lazy pussies as well?

Around this time last year we lost to Norwich. Have a look at the match and ratings thread and see what people were saying then about players, including Vik and Gus!

Users who are viewing this thread