Been to a works meeting at Ricoh today (1 Viewer)

deanocity3

over 500 of Tesco employee's from around the country desended on the Ricoh today
for a meeting.
They asked me where I have travelled from I said 'This is my second home and I work next door'.
Some were not footballing people and did know the situation with the club.
They thought the ground belong to us and that CCFC were getting the money from today's meeting,they were gobsmacked when I explained the situation.
I said they only get money from match day tickets,club shop and hospitality.The Ricoh owner ACL get all catering and conference revenues.
How come the club doesn't own the ground then?
Jesus where do you start......
Then you get the Utd and glory hunters taking the piss.
we now seem to be the laughing stock of Footie.
A United fan said that Glazer's borrowed money from there own companies just like SISU have.Their debt run's into 100millions how can that be right.
They were all feeling smug about it...
wankers that what I thought.

scroobiustom

Was this event catered by tesco or us, via them, for you?

kg82

That's true about the Glaziers. Last I saw it was about £350 million in debt but I also thinks that's about half what it was at the start.

Nonleagueherewecome

At least you said Tesco rather than Tescos, deano! :)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That's true about the Glaziers. Last I saw it was about £350 million in debt but I also thinks that's about half what it was at the start.

That's ghastly. But what? One years' turnover? Court papers put our current debt at closer to eight years turnover. Ouch.

Oh,and with few assets to speak of...

Nonleagueherewecome

Read some cracking articles on what he's played at there, it really is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed.

Here's one: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/dav...og/2012/feb/22/manchester-united-glazers-debt

And an older one: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jan/12/manchester-united-glazers-debt

I've begged him to do some proper digging on us for years, but maybe Mr Conn doesn't think we make for good copy?

This is another corker: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...dow-on-murky-world-of-leveraged-buy-outs.html

Colin1883

Lad at work says it's billion plus??? Which they service at 60m a year...

But they have proper assets
Stadium and players, so banks not worried about getting their money back

Nonleagueherewecome

Not their own training ground any more though, eh?

J

Jack Griffin

That's ghastly. But what? One years' turnover? Court papers put our current debt at closer to eight years turnover. Ouch.

Oh,and with few assets to speak of...

There are no assets in CCFC Ltd or CCFC(H) Ltd actually, they may be on Sky Blue Sports & Leisure books, but ultimately Avro Master Fund (reg. Cayman Isles) owns everything.

Skyblue4u

Let's see man utd and the other so called big boys operating under the financial fair play rules then laugh as they get hammered by the less glamorous well run clubs in the premiership

Black6Osprey

Let's see man utd and the other so called big boys operating under the financial fair play rules then laugh as they get hammered by the less glamorous well run clubs in the premiership

The rules don't start till 2016 in the Premier and they are so loose with so many get outs it's almost pointless.

FFP just makes the gap between the haves and have nots wider than ever.

over 500 of Tesco employee's from around the country desended on the Ricoh today
for a meeting.
They asked me where I have travelled from I said 'This is my second home and I work next door'.
Some were not footballing people and did know the situation with the club.
They thought the ground belong to us and that CCFC were getting the money from today's meeting,they were gobsmacked when I explained the situation.
I said they only get money from match day tickets,club shop and hospitality.The Ricoh owner ACL get all catering and conference revenues.
How come the club doesn't own the ground then?
Jesus where do you start......
Then you get the Utd and glory hunters taking the piss.
we now seem to be the laughing stock of Footie.
A United fan said that Glazer's borrowed money from there own companies just like SISU have.Their debt run's into 100millions how can that be right.
They were all feeling smug about it...
wankers that what I thought.

that is one big ass team 5, lol. what was it for? we make whats better together?

Bill Glazier

Read some cracking articles on what he's played at there, it really is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed.

Here's one: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/dav...og/2010/jan/12/manchester-united-glazers-debt

I've begged him to do some proper digging on us for years, but maybe Mr Conn doesn't think we make for good copy?

This is another corker: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...dow-on-murky-world-of-leveraged-buy-outs.html

Yes our so-called fearless intrepid journalists prefer to hack fourth rate celebrities' phones than investigate great scandals like the one that led to our demise. Pathetic.

ajsccfc

When I worked at Tesco I had to do Job 14 (I think it was called that), some kind of stock control thing.

CCFC PimpRail

Just a quick thought (or two), if Tescos were to organise the same jolly next year, would they be demanding a 10% reduction from ACL (as they do to their suppliers), and would a football fan with morals refuse to go to a rivals ground because their support would be bankrolling a rival team...? Such a conference would pay for Sick Horse McShefferys wages for at least a week....

Don't forget the threatened SISU Park would probably be built on a shoestring budget and probably wouldn't have such Conference facilities or a large exhibition hall, and if it did, would be battling the established rival for business.

BTW, I remember Mercia reporting delays on the A444 yesterday, must have been a jam caused by all the repmobiles leaving the Reek-o.

Users who are viewing this thread